Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Il Bomber Destro

I agree that McShane does far too many stupid things at the minute. He's young and will probably learn but at the moment I would have him a bit down the way when it comes to starting options for us.

I see Rory Brennan got a straight red for UUJ today, that's his second straight red in his last three games - he needs to keep a lid on things. I wouldn't really have associated this kind of stuff with him having seen him play previously.

time ticking away

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2016, 06:59:34 PM
I agree that McShane does far too many stupid things at the minute. He's young and will probably learn but at the moment I would have him a bit down the way when it comes to starting options for us.

I see Rory Brennan got a straight red for UUJ today, that's his second straight red in his last three games - he needs to keep a lid on things. I wouldn't really have associated this kind of stuff with him having seen him play previously.
Where did you see this? is there a match report somewhere ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

bigpackiechestout

Anyone know if that's Omagh's Ronan O'neill that came on for St. Marys yesterday?

Gonzalo15

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 03, 2016, 07:05:24 PM
Anyone know if that's Omagh's Ronan O'neill that came on for St. Marys yesterday?

Tis

TF15

Is he doing a post grad at St Mary's or how did he end up there? Tally really wants that sigerson!!

GlenMan

Quote from: TF15 on February 03, 2016, 11:40:12 PM
Is he doing a post grad at St Mary's or how did he end up there? Tally really wants that sigerson!!

He's only 22. He's doing Sports teaching since he left school. He was in the CBS for placement year in 2014.

redhandefender

Quote from: GlenMan on February 04, 2016, 12:00:27 AM

He's only 22. He's doing Sports teaching since he left school. He was in the CBS for placement year in 2014.

He is not 22 as he was a minor in 2010, he is about 24 and he wasn't studying in St marys until recently as there was an issue making him eligible to play. Some 1 year course probably. St marys had their game delayed a week to get him registered.

What's "Sports Teaching" do you mean PE.

What kind of fella comes on here a belittles a 20 year lad, who comes across well, holds himself well, seems dedicated to cause and has not looked out of place in the handful of county senior games he has played? I think come the summer mc shane could have an important part to play yet. some bad decisions yes but at least he is showing no fear

Gonzalo15

Quote from: redhandefender on February 04, 2016, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on February 04, 2016, 12:00:27 AM

He is not 22 as he was a minor in 2010, he is about 24 and he wasn't studying in St marys until recently as there was an issue making him eligible to play. Some 1 year course probably. St marys had their game delayed a week to get him registered.

What's "Sports Teaching" do you mean PE.

What kind of fella comes on here a belittles a 20 year lad, who comes across well, holds himself well, seems dedicated to cause and has not looked out of place in the handful of county senior games he has played? I think come the summer mc shane could have an important part to play yet. some bad decisions yes but at least he is showing no fear

Ah right, I didn't realise you weren't allowed to write opinions on this. Apologies Mrs. McShane

driveherin

Baffles me how Hampsey or HPMcGeary cannot get a start ahead of McCrory.....
I take it Richie Donnelly is injured?

nrico2006

Quote from: driveherin on February 05, 2016, 12:47:50 PM
Baffles me how Hampsey or HPMcGeary cannot get a start ahead of McCrory.....
I take it Richie Donnelly is injured?

Been thinking the same regarding McCrory.  As for McShane, he looks very promising and is doing well considering his age and experience.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mikhailov

Lads,

Don't have a good feeling about this weekend. Galway reportedly going well, Kevin Walsh is no dozer and Salthill is a nightmare of a pitch to play on with a hurricane always blowing towards the coast end therefore a totally different game in each half in terms of style of play, personnel etc.

The key will be getting the wind in the 1st half, getting a lead and holding onto it. Wouldn't fancy chasing a win in poor conditions, would be easier to hold onto whatever you got.

Galway by 4+

bigpackiechestout

I see brollys on twitter now having a pop at McCann over the Rodgers incident, there wasn't much talk about this after the game if I remember correctly but it's been slowly gaining momentum ever since. Does anyone on here seriously believe McCann went in to do him? Realistically the video doing the rounds is from quite far back so nobody can be sure but it looks to me that McCann has come steaming in trying to get to the break and as it came in his direction he has jumped in to catch the ball and tried to kind of spin around at the same time so that he could roll away with the ball. Unfortunately he missed the ball and crashed into Rodgers.

It really is a serious statement to make (especially for someone in Brollys position) to come out and say McCann has deliberately hurt him whenever if you watch the video rationally I don't know how you could be sure that that is the case. Suppose we should expet nothing less from Brolly. Just wondering if we think the Derry management's comments on the issue are a bit of mind games leading up to the championship or does anyone think McCann deserves the flak?