The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Nakata

I will be happy if Martinez gets the job. He is young and ambitious and will hopefully take us onto the next level. His attacking style of football will be most welcome at Goodison Park. He will have better resources to work with, more moolah and most importantly a quality, settled defense.

SHEEDY

looks like Martinez has got the job. compensation agreed between the clubs according to sky sports.
nil satis nisi optimum

Denn Forever

Everton don't seem too impressed with Whelan's passive aggressive stance.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Cant't see Martinez improving Everton to be honest, seems very likeable but his league placings with Wigan are hardly inspiring.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

What qualities to people see in Martinez?
Why do so many of ye think he's a great manager?

He did well this year to get them to win the cup but what else has he done?
He'll definitely have a better squad (at least to start with) than he had at Wigan but he'll need to buy well. We need a decent striker right away (how about Darren Bent or why has he gone down the pecking order recently)
We probably also need another centre back unless Duffy gets more of a chance with Martina

I really hope Mirallas stays as I've enjoyed watching him this year. Yes he gets a lot of injuries but he has great pace and creates loads of chances.

brokencrossbar1

The one thing that Martinez will bring to Goodison is something that the Toffess haven't experienced for a good few years and that is the knowledge of what it takes to win a major trophy :P

johnneycool

Martinez it is then, not sure what to make of it.

He better bring Kone and McCarthy with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22750453

Fuzzman

Martinez certainly isn't waiting about like Davey did in the transfer window

He's just clinched a 1 year loan deal for Deulofeu from Barcelona's B side.
He's described by some as a young raw Ronaldo

He's also signed his old mates Kone, Alcaraz and the young Spanish keeper Joel Robles who played for Wigan in the FA cup final this year and could put major pressure on Howard.

Still no official bids for Affro boy but I'd expect Utd to come in with a higher bid for Baines.

SHEEDY

28 million for baines and fellaini!! now that is taking the piss. moyes should be told to f**k right off.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

What would be reasonable? 32 mil?

12 mil for Baines (28 yrs old)

20 mil for Fellaini

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

gawa316

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on August 19, 2013, 08:51:47 PM
What would be reasonable? 32 mil?

12 mil for Baines (28 yrs old)

20 mil for Fellaini
40-45 million wouldn't be unreasonable. 25 for fellaini and 15 at the minimum for baines. spurs would get 60million and Liverpool would tell them to feck off. everton will sell for 30million on the last day of the transfer window and get some guy in on loan.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on August 19, 2013, 09:35:10 PM
What length is left on their contracts?
both have at least 3 years on their contracts. end of 2016 season
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316