The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

We can add Crete Boom to the (long) list of non Liverpool FC fans who are obsessed with Liverpool FC.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Apparently so

Neil Lennon to be next manager

Get your money on it

SHEEDY

lennon is now the favourite with all the bookies. 7/4 with skybet and PP.
nil satis nisi optimum

Apparently so

I would say its all but confirmed. Hearing it from very good sources

All the best to him at Everton. Personally, I think its the wrong move for him. Would have been better served staying with us for another season or two. It will be a much harder job with Everton but a lot less pressure I suppose

Crete Boom

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2013, 08:50:41 PM
We can add Crete Boom to the (long) list of non Liverpool FC fans who are obsessed with Liverpool FC.

In my defence Laoislad I am an Everton fan, Liverpool are our city rivals and(for the last couple of seasons) have been neck with us in the league so I think it's not too far fetched for me to throw in the odd dig (hardly an obsession) to the former illustrious Liverpool. Also a lot of you Pool fans are fairly interested in posting on the Everton thread so personally I don't see you grievance. Do you think Man U fans get paranoid when City fans post a few insults on their thread or is there some code of conduct for Arsenal and Spurs fans or Villa and Birmingham fans that us poor peasants across Stanley park haven't been told about.As a plus Pool fans are awful easy to wind up ;D.

Everton FC   English Division 1 champions 1987
Liverpool FC English Division 1 Champions 1990
What's the difference at this stage , who's' "year will be next year" in the league. ;)

Crete Boom

Quote from: Apparently so on May 09, 2013, 09:55:36 PM
I would say its all but confirmed. Hearing it from very good sources

All the best to him at Everton. Personally, I think its the wrong move for him. Would have been better served staying with us for another season or two. It will be a much harder job with Everton but a lot less pressure I suppose

So it is to be Lennon for the Toffees. It's a bit of a gamble for Everton and him being a big step up from the comfort of the Scottish league but at least he has shown this season he can mix it against the big boys in the champions league. Also he won't be a stranger to working on a tight budget.

boojangles

Thank you David Moyes.Outstanding manager and I wish him all the best as much as that will pain me.
Lennon has gone from 10-1 to 8-15 with PP in d last hour?? :o I like what Lennon has done with Celtic this season but I would like the club to take some time over this decision. We need a man who will convince our big men to stay.

trileacman

Fire sale at Everton and Celtic then so. They'll be gutted by the summer without a manager to keep them together.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Crete Boom

Quote from: trileacman on May 09, 2013, 10:57:14 PM
Fire sale at Everton and Celtic then so. They'll be gutted by the summer without a manager to keep them together.

Could very well be Trileacman. I would say there is a good chance Fellani , Baines , Mirallas , Piennar and Jelavic could all be searching for the exit door from Everton this summer. After 11 years of stability we could be back to the dark days again for a couple of years anyway, At this stage I would take a boring mid table finish next season regardless of who takes the job.

boojangles

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 09, 2013, 11:04:00 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 09, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Could very well be Trileacman. I would say there is a good chance Fellani , Baines , Mirallas , Piennar and Jelavic could all be searching for the exit door from Everton this summer. After 11 years of stability we could be back to the dark days again for a couple of years anyway, At this stage I would take a boring mid table finish next season regardless of who takes the job.

The three in bold would want to wind their neck in. Mirallas has alot to prove yet. Piennar should know where his best interests are served after his last misjudgement.Jelavic may just flourish again under a different manager but would many clubs take that risk on him after the second half of the season he's after having.

Captain Obvious

Think Celtic will manage aright in league without Lennon it's the champions league they will be suffer in. English Premier league a big step up for Neil Lennon.

T Fearon

Much as id like him to stay at Celtic, Lennon managing Naismith and Jelavic would be some craic ;D

Who would have thought two six county taigs would manage Liverpool and Everton simultaneously?

Crete Boom

Quote from: T Fearon on May 10, 2013, 12:31:16 AM
Much as id like him to stay at Celtic, Lennon managing Naismith and Jelavic would be some craic ;D

Who would have thought two six county taigs would manage Liverpool and Everton simultaneously?

Probably a bigger shock that Liverpool have six county catholic considering the strong Orange order tradition in setting up the club ;) while Everton's founder George Mahon albeit a Methodist was raised in Ireland so there has always been a link since formation with Ireland and the Toffees. 8)

ranch

Why would it be some craic? They played for Rangers, wow! ::)

Big deal? I don't think so personally.

Syferus

Don't know why Lennon would even be considering a jump right now. He's pretty much got at least three or four years of uncontested SPLs to win and time to focus on making a little noise in Europe. Very hard to see Everton even maintaining their recent level no matter who they appoint. The bar is set too high for a new manager to make a name for themselves. Lennon is better off staying as the big fish in a medium pond than being lunch for sharks.