God Bless America

Started by Declan, August 27, 2007, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Okay Okay.. I was in New Jersey in the mid-1990s and a mate of mine went into a diabetic coma (God Bless Drink) - I went to this woman next door and asked to use her phone for an ambulance. She asked what was wrong with him? so I said "he has Diabetes" ... to which she replied "well, if these homosexuals play around that's the type of disease God gives them!!!???????????????????????? So ... George Bush is getting his morning brief on Iraq and an aide tells him that three Brazilian soldiers were killed the previous day...................George looking annoyed replied .."Wow, how many millions in a Brazilian?"................

FL/MAYO

The amount of times I have to explain where Ireland is, one person thought it was "near Maine" and then there are the people who congratulate me on been able to speak English. Down here the local news is what happens in their city, the national news is what happens in the state and the international news is what happens in the rest of the U.S. Most people have simply no interest or clue of what is going on the world. Don't get me wrong there are some very intelligent people here but their educational system is terrible.

Hurler on the Bitch

Apparently 70% don't have passports ... says a lot!

heganboy

Aye, and history is the war of independence, skip straight to WWII and the last 50 odd years. They were stupefied when I explained that Newgrange is over 5000 years old and 500 years older than the pyramids...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Main Street

Quote from: FL/MAYO on August 27, 2007, 08:44:44 PM
The amount of times I have to explain where Ireland is, one person thought it was "near Maine" and then there are the people who congratulate me on been able to speak English.
When Tommy Tiernan was told that, he replied - 'and you speak good English for a Mexican'.

J70

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on August 27, 2007, 08:48:42 PM
Apparently 70% don't have passports ... says a lot!

Given the size of the US and the amount there is to see and do there, I don't think that is something that can be held that much against them.

Declan

QuoteApparently 70% don't have passports ... says a lot!

Now that they' need them for going to Canada and Mexico that figure will drop. 6 month waiting list in Maine for a passport.

We had a college lad as a guide this summer on one of our rafting trips - nice lad but hadn't a breeze where Ireland was. 

mannix

Lived in nyc for a good while and was told by an italian american from staten island that i had no idea how to speak english, he would say things like ax for ask and yo yo  for excuse me.Drove from orlando to ny one weekend and stopped in some towns along I95 for fuel and food at different times,to see how they live is a shock, bad teeth,morbidly obese,c**k sure they are much smarter than everyone in the world.Even the cops are unreal,  "IOLAND, WHERE THE HELL IS IOLAND"  "WELL,YOU IN AMERICA NOW BOY AND YOU WILL OBEY THE LAWS OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY" .I was supposedly speeding, 65 in a 55 or so he says but no ticket so I forgive his manners.
One thing I will say, if you are going there, keep an open mind and your mouth shut till you see the way it works.Its a great place for the ride with our accent and there is always lots to do.

ludermor

Its a great place for the ride with our accent and there is always lots to do.

Mannix
We will have to get you working for Bord Failte!

mannix

Even if I was a genius for irish tourism i could not organise a ride for some lads on this board, they would let me down like a ton of bricks.