Cross dressing school kids on Isle of Wight

Started by bennydorano, September 11, 2017, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

This could be mistaken for a famous S Armagh town providing school clothing!

Seriously I saw this on the news last night.WTF is the world coming to? I support the parents here.

screenexile

Again the Religious crusades getting carried away with themselves.

If a young lad wants to identify as a girl that's his call these parents just don't want to have an awkward conversation with their son about something they don't understand.

Suing a Primary school?? What Christian values is that particular act upholding? That's the disgusting thing in the whole story!!

T Fearon

Such tosh.If you're born male,you are male,as both God and nature ordained.No wonder their parents withdrew their son from this school.It only takes one or two freaks to infect a whole raft of impressionable kids.Seriously I do not know what the world is coming to.

Hectic

Let him wear the dress if he wants but don't be getting all upset if he comes home saying he is getting called names.  Problem for me is more these folk that have their peculiar ways and want to flaunt them but then on the other hand when someone else voices their thoughts on it they round on them.

punt kick

Quote from: screenexile on September 12, 2017, 08:11:30 AM
Again the Religious crusades getting carried away with themselves.

If a young lad wants to identify as a girl that's his call these parents just don't want to have an awkward conversation with their son about something they don't understand.

Suing a Primary school?? What Christian values is that particular act upholding? That's the disgusting thing in the whole story!!

He is 6 - his parents need a good f**king kicking, as for the parents what else can they do , money talks - sue the school hope they get a fortune.

brokencrossbar1

I would generally support the right to do this but to me it's good by too far. How can a six year old have the understanding to see himself as a girl as opposed to a boy?  It's not about wearing a dress. It's more about parental responsibility. Is this a case of the parents wanted their sons wishes accepted or theirs?  Sometimes you really need to step back and take a long by hard look at things

Orior

Every Sunday my priest stands on the alter, wearing a long dress.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hectic

Did not realise he was 6 - yeah parents need to catch themselves on.

TabClear

Quote from: Hectic on September 12, 2017, 09:46:41 AM
Did not realise he was 6 - yeah parents need to catch themselves on.

Absolutely, both f**king sets of parents. The school has been placed in an impossible situation.

Milltown Row2

At my kids school they had a child called Jim last year and now in Upper 6th he's now called Laura.. huge difference in the ages of course but seems to be happening more and more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2017, 10:13:24 AM
At my kids school they had a child called Jim last year and now in Upper 6th he's now called Laura.. huge difference in the ages of course but seems to be happening more and more
Meh, John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

Jack Lynch was John Mary Lynch.

Gay Byrne is Gay Mary Byrne.

Gay, isn't it.

TabClear

Quote from: Orior on September 12, 2017, 09:42:31 AM
Every Sunday my priest stands on the alter, wearing a long dress.

No pun intended Orior... ;) ;)

easytiger95

I know a couple of secondary school teachers and they have had to deal with students identifying as transgender over the past few years. The unfair thing is that, with all the cutbacks to counselling services in schools in the Republic, teachers are having to deal with these issues themselves, without expert support, for them or the students.

It is a really difficult question to face. Purely from my gut, I'd like to see kids make these decisions when they are older, at least beyond the start of puberty. But I don't know enough about the issues, and I'm sure that there have been cases of gender misidentification, where, biologically, a younger child could be intrinsically female (in terms of their chromosomes) whilst being treated from birth as a boy. Sex organs are not the only signifiers of gender. Again, I'd need to do some more research, but I feel for everyone involved here. I doubt the parents of the student involved started out with the ambition of having a transgender child, given how much prejudice they could face, and as for the other parents, there is always an instinct to preserve a child for as long as possible from having to face issues of gender and sexuality.

But transgender people have always existed, they are now more visible and vocal in terms of their rights as a group, and people are going to have to deal with that.

Obviously Tony, I don't include you in "people". You, God and Nature can continue ordaining genders for people to your heart's content.

sid waddell

Easy solution: let kids and anybody wear what they bloody well want.

Sure the vast majority of women and girls crossdress in public, why shouldn't it be the same for males or whatever people classify themselves as.

Some people will stop at nothing to feel victimised. Going so far as to feel victimised because a six year old boy in another country wants to wear a dress is really going out of one's way to feel such.

These are generally the same people who blame actual victims, such as victims of rape, and condone racist symbolism.

Hello George Hook.