Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

trailer

Quote from: haranguerer on April 29, 2018, 10:49:57 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 29, 2018, 09:33:31 AM

This is how you hunt paedophiles!  While I don't condone the violence this shows that a community United properly together can do 'community policing ' quite well. This lads are lucky they were not tatted and feathered!

'While I don't condone violence...' is very like "I'm not racist, but...'

No-one is going to shed a tear for these two, but it would have been better if they'd been apprehended and handed over to police without assault/covering in paint.

Very true. The rule of law must be upheld. This lawlessness is abhorrent.

Boycey

A friend of mine was there on Saturday evening and said he was very uncomfortable at what he saw and left the vicinity as soon as possible. He echoed what I'd be thinking myself they should just have been apprehended and left for the police to deal with.

brokencrossbar1

I'll throw this out for you all.....if you had 6-7 year old children and you knew that there were 2 convicted sexual offenders actively and openly trying to target children in your area what would your reaction be?  These men were prowling round the palypark and the school where family memebers of mine go to school and live and play. The police were not doing a whole pile to catch them despite them being informed. The was a palpable sense of fear among the community. Maybe they overstepped the mark but when fear and anger builds things can sometimes get out of hand. They had paint thrown over them and were hit a few times. How many stags before their weddings have had the same amount of shit poured over them 'for the craic' in the back of a trailer?  These men were not seriously hurt but their intentions were to do untold damage to some poor child. In the vacuum that is policing in our area forgive me for having no faith in the authorities to do anything. They got caught and their injuries will heal. Thankfully some poor child doesn't have to endure the pain the young lad from Navan did.

AQMP

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 30, 2018, 12:50:24 PM
I'll throw this out for you all.....if you had 6-7 year old children and you knew that there were 2 convicted sexual offenders actively and openly trying to target children in your area what would your reaction be?  These men were prowling round the palypark and the school where family memebers of mine go to school and live and play. The police were not doing a whole pile to catch them despite them being informed. The was a palpable sense of fear among the community. Maybe they overstepped the mark but when fear and anger builds things can sometimes get out of hand. They had paint thrown over them and were hit a few times. How many stags before their weddings have had the same amount of shit poured over them 'for the craic' in the back of a trailer?  These men were not seriously hurt but their intentions were to do untold damage to some poor child. In the vacuum that is policing in our area forgive me for having no faith in the authorities to do anything. They got caught and their injuries will heal. Thankfully some poor child doesn't have to endure the pain the young lad from Navan did.

In your professional capacity bcb1, would you refuse to represent the two men who were "apprehended" and will now face charges?

haranguerer

condone
kənˈdəʊn/Submit
verb
accept (behaviour that is considered morally wrong or offensive).
"the college cannot condone any behaviour that involves illicit drugs"
synonyms:   deliberately ignore, not take into consideration, disregard, take no notice of, take no account of, accept, allow, make allowances for, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget, wink at, blink at, connive at; More
approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
"those arrested were released and the exhibition was officially condoned a few weeks later"

Itchy

f**k them, they got off light enough. Pair of scumbags.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on April 30, 2018, 01:00:15 PM

In your professional capacity bcb1, would you refuse to represent the two men who were "apprehended" and will now face charges?

I would have personal difficulties with it but have represented child molesters in the past. It's not easy as at the end of the day they are entitled to the same representation as anyone else and there is an assumption of innocence. That doesn't mean my skin didn't crawl and my gut feeling to punch their lights out weren't there but they got the same representation as anyone would. The thing is if the evidence is there people will be found guilty.

trileacman

I'd arrest or detain the individuals and call the police not do what these scum bags did and detain them, beat them with an iron bar, call the police, then abuse the police you just called whilst they arrest the men you've just assaulted whilst your mate videos it.

That's not a ethical conundrum. It's not even close, there's no excuse for taking the law into your own hands beyond detaining an individual.

Whilst we're in the region of creating hypothesis of" what would do?" Etc. I'll put this to you. What if one of these fella was horribly abused as a child from a young age by a priest or in an institution? What if his father was a raging alcoholic and regularly beat him as a young boy? What if his mother died when he was born or upped and left him with a father who regularly abused him sexually and physically? what if he's reared in some shit hole council house and spent most of his early life being abused in juvenile detention centres? What if he has the mental age of a 14 year old? Would you still be as zealous to see a crowd of tupenny republicans beat them about with an iron bar? Would you be as keen to see street justice doled out regularly in Northern Ireland?

Everyday you hear  sc**bag behaivour being apologised for, even regularly on here. There was that mood and wink attitude to those c***ts who broke into the Lidl in Tallaght that it wasn't really stealing because Lidl make more money than your average corner shop. Then there was the attitude that the people who assaulted that girl in Larne were from poor estates and always had it tough and sure the victim was a tr**p too. It's like being a w**ker is grand so long as someone can weasel up an excuse for you.

The paedos should be arrested and get whatever is coming to them. Whether it's hard jail time, mental assessment or drug treatment. It shouldn't be street justice though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on April 30, 2018, 01:45:47 PM

I'd arrest or detain the individuals and call the police not do what these scum bags did and detain them, beat them with an iron bar, call the police, then abuse the police you just called whilst they arrest the men you've just assaulted whilst your mate videos it.

That's not a ethical conundrum. It's not even close, there's no excuse for taking the law into your own hands beyond detaining an individual.

Whilst we're in the region of creating hypothesis of" what would do?" Etc. I'll put this to you. What if one of these fella was horribly abused as a child from a young age by a priest or in an institution? What if his father was a raging alcoholic and regularly beat him as a young boy? What if his mother died when he was born or upped and left him with a father who regularly abused him sexually and physically? what if he's reared in some shit hole council house and spent most of his early life being abused in juvenile detention centres? What if he has the mental age of a 14 year old? Would you still be as zealous to see a crowd of tupenny republicans beat them about with an iron bar? Would you be as keen to see street justice doled out regularly in Northern Ireland?

Everyday you hear  sc**bag behaivour being apologised for, even regularly on here. There was that mood and wink attitude to those c***ts who broke into the Lidl in Tallaght that it wasn't really stealing because Lidl make more money than your average corner shop. Then there was the attitude that the people who assaulted that girl in Larne were from poor estates and always had it tough and sure the victim was a tr**p too. It's like being a w**ker is grand so long as someone can weasel up an excuse for you.

The paedos should be arrested and get whatever is coming to them. Whether it's hard jail time, mental assessment or drug treatment. It shouldn't be street justice though.

I don't think they get much help in prison. Locking them away without intensive treatment is pretty stupid when the release date comes around. Paedophile policy is short term and populist. Other prisoners beating them up regularly is not great social policy.
There are probably 50 or so hardened paedophiles in Ireland who haven't been treated, who can't get a job and who have to live somewhere and when they are released they will all be followed by the tabloïds.

There are probably 100 senior bankers in the country who have again loaded up on mortgage debt and have no idea how to manage tail risk. They will crash the economy again and hurt an awful lot of children but obviously they are middle class.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Very well put trileacman.

In my view those who beat and abused the men are no better than those who they abused. If they're willing to meat out justice on their terms then they're prepared to attack innocent people inc children who they feel have wronged them. They're nothing more than common criminals themselves.

NAG1

Quote from: trailer on April 30, 2018, 02:03:02 PM

In my view those who beat and abused the men are no better than those who they abused. If they're willing to meat out justice on their terms then they're prepared to attack innocent people inc children who they feel have wronged them. They're nothing more than common criminals themselves.

All well and good saying that lads until it is your area, your school, your family, your kids, your community and these perpetrators are in the middle of it.

Police already informed the community they were being sought.

To be perfectly frank about it, where they were caught 20 years ago it would not have ended in the way it did. So soceity might not be perfect but it is progressing.

longballin

Very few would complain about those boys getting a hammering though most people wouldn't be the ones to do it. White's record is horrific... not sure about the other man.

seafoid

Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

Very few would complain about those boys getting a hammering though most people wouldn't be the ones to do it. White's record is horrific... not sure about the other man.
What was done was not legal. It doesn't matter what people feel about it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2018, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

What was done was not legal. It doesn't matter what people feel about it.

a lot of things are not legal but doesn't mean they are immoral. When I was skint and with family to feed I went on red diesel for a while, had to be done... sorry it was illegal but I lived with it ok. Giving a child rapist a few slaps and public humiliating...