Tour de France 2017

Started by bennydorano, June 30, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringbean

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 09, 2017, 08:10:01 PM
Should they not have waited for Dan?
No chance, the race was on at that point and there was no way that group could have slowed to wait for Dan and also give the chance for the likes of quintana to rejoin.

Was great stage though its froome's to lose now. Quintana was disappointing and probably still has the giro in his legs. Aru may be able to challenge but can't see it tbh

RealSpiritof98

Just seen the highlights show, brutal brutal stage but had me glued to my screen. Hope bardet has something to offer in coming few weeks. Definitely a chink in sky's armour today and losing Thomas will cost them further down The tour. I've turned from a pro sky fan to anti sky nearly as much as my anti Stephen Hendry stage. Poor Jimmy.......

Eamonnca1

Some close sprint finishes with Cavendish gone.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 10, 2017, 07:37:05 PM
Some close sprint finishes with Cavendish gone.
I think the sprints would be even closer with Cavendish and Sagan involved. Kittel seems to be that bit stronger than Greipel, Demare etc. so far. Should see another sprint finish today.

SHEEDY

Seriously tough stage today especially that last couple of km. Not too often you see froome crack like that on a stage in the tour de france. Another great ride by dan martin showing that he deserves to be talked about as a serious GC rider.
nil satis nisi optimum

Owen Brannigan

Sky tactics worked in breaking down the field but worked against them as they carried Bardet and Aru to the end.

Landa was some machine working at the front all day and finishing ahead of Froome.

Tomorrow will be the real test for all of them as it is a second day in the mountains after such a tough run today.

Aaron Boone

Bonus seconds are a funny concept, esp today when the top guys have all made it up the mountain.

Froome was still in the tv background as Aru & co passed the line, he ain't finished yet.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 13, 2017, 09:19:31 PM
Seriously tough stage today especially that last couple of km. Not too often you see froome crack like that on a stage in the tour de france. Another great ride by dan martin showing that he deserves to be talked about as a serious GC rider.

Hanging in there at 5th overall, down 1'40". Would be interesting to see how he'd have done on that wall of a finish if he wasn't injured.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 13, 2017, 11:15:29 PM
Bonus seconds are a funny concept, esp today when the top guys have all made it up the mountain.

Froome was still in the tv background as Aru & co passed the line, he ain't finished yet.

Sure he was at the front at 300m to go and still with them till about 200 he lost most of the time in the last 100. Im sure hes glad there wasnt another 500

Tony Baloney

That is a tough day at the office.  :o

Orior

That pic is crying our for a bit of editing e.g. adding a tiny willy
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Today should be a big moving day. I'd be backing froome or Bardet to win. Climb the Galibier and then a descent to the finish. Should suit both of them. Maybe they will let a breakaway build a big lead if there is noone of note in it. We will see however if Bardet has any ambitions of winning he has to attack today and tomorrow to gain some kind of cushion before the TT. Shame about Dan Martin yesterday. Bit of sickness throughout the team and got caught out by the crosswinds.

magpie seanie

Quote from: maddog on July 19, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
Today should be a big moving day. I'd be backing froome or Bardet to win. Climb the Galibier and then a descent to the finish. Should suit both of them. Maybe they will let a breakaway build a big lead if there is noone of note in it. We will see however if Bardet has any ambitions of winning he has to attack today and tomorrow to gain some kind of cushion before the TT. Shame about Dan Martin yesterday. Bit of sickness throughout the team and got caught out by the crosswinds.

Why was the whole team helping the green jersey though? Surely Martin should have been closer to the front at least.

anportmorforjfc

Have Bardet backed at 20/1 so hopefully he can lead over the top of the Galibier and gain some time on the decent.

bennydorano

Bertie's giving it a lash today. Looks a great stage, chose the wrong day to return to work after holidays  :-[

Pinot abandons