The Positivity Thread...

Started by Tony Baloney, May 18, 2017, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Driving down to Athlone yesterday and the country looks brilliant now it's awash with thorn bushes in full bloom. On the way I drove past a wee place called Carrickedmond (not sure of the county!) and the GAA pitch was absolutely packed with young kids fully kitted out. Does the heart good.

A few photos of women in yoga pants would do the heart good too  ;)

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 18, 2017, 09:25:04 PM

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 18, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Driving down to Athlone yesterday and the country looks brilliant now it's awash with thorn bushes in full bloom. On the way I drove past a wee place called Carrickedmond (not sure of the county!) and the GAA pitch was absolutely packed with young kids fully kitted out. Does the heart good.

That's Longford. Carrickedmond, not the yoga pants. I agree though. Was in Cappawhite with our u10s hurling tonight and the joy and enthusiasm would give you a great auld lift. Whatever hardships coaching brings, seeing young lads playing and enjoying our games makes it all worthwhile.

trileacman

There's a lovely drive from the m1 to Monaghan if you don't take the ardee turnoff and take j14 instead. You head up through tallanstown and arthurstown. A beautiful part of the country on a good Sunday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on May 19, 2017, 12:20:26 AM
There's a lovely drive from the m1 to Monaghan if you don't take the ardee turnoff and take j14 instead. You head up through tallanstown and arthurstown. A beautiful part of the country on a good Sunday.
Quote from: trileacman on May 19, 2017, 12:20:26 AM
I would go home via Monaghan but usually just head up the N2 towards Carrickmacross etc. Is this a different road at the Ardee roundabout?

Yes AZ it's indeed Longford. I lose track on that road as on a 2 hour drive I'm Armagh, Monaghan, Cavan, Fermanagh, Cavan again, Longford, Westmeath and probably Roscommon (but I'll not get into the debates about that!).