Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 06, 2018, 04:41:12 PM
Ok. I don't believe Barry meant any harm by the video.

Now , let's imagine there was a loaf called Loughgall and on the anniversary of the ambush there a unionist politician put up a video with the Loughall loaf on his head what would the reaction be among republicans/ nationalists? I think we all know what the reaction would be and it wouldn't be ''twas an innocent mistake'. What would we expect the unionist or his/her party to do? Whatever we expect from them them we ought to expect same from Sinn Fein!
A fair point, but I'm afraid the Kingsmill and Loughgall incidents are not like for like.

Jim Bob

Quote from: michaelg on January 06, 2018, 06:09:12 PM

Now , let's imagine there was a loaf called Loughgall and on the anniversary of the ambush there a unionist politician put up a video with the Loughall loaf on his head what would the reaction be among republicans/ nationalists? I think we all know what the reaction would be and it wouldn't be ''twas an innocent mistake'. What would we expect the unionist or his/her party to do? Whatever we expect from them them we ought to expect same from Sinn Fein!
A fair point, but I'm afraid the Kingsmill and Loughgall incidents are not like for like.

Barry has to go in my opinion.

michaelg

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 06, 2018, 06:29:21 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 06, 2018, 06:09:12 PM

Barry has to go in my opinion.
Too much of a coincidence.

playwiththewind1st

Barry offering to meet Kingsmills' families? Looks like the seat could be vacant, pretty soon.

longballin

That Barry got a loaf of bread on his head to send up the Kingsmills killings - not a chance he deliberately did that.

Wildweasel74

The fact that this is the type of person that can be voted in govt say plenty, (about the voters) Hes as funny as Sammy Wilson,
i think (and it goes for both sides) vote in some people ( Jim Wells, Sammy Wilson, Jolene bunting, Greg Campbell) prime examples who are incapable of looking after themselves fore by try to run govt, or councils get voted in on the back of their parties, I actually think u could put up any party backed clown up and people would vote for him.

Mistake by Barry? don't think so, he knew what he was doing, in any other walk of life he get the road but in ole Norm Iron real politics and common sense don't apply

michaelg

Quote from: longballin on January 06, 2018, 07:06:05 PM
That Barry got a loaf of bread on his head to send up the Kingsmills killings - not a chance he deliberately did that.
365 to 1! Pretty long odds!

playwiththewind1st

Well he certainly doesn't seem to have been wearing another loaf today for the Wise Men coming.

longballin

Quote from: michaelg on January 06, 2018, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 06, 2018, 07:06:05 PM

It is long odds but still dont believe he'd purposefully send it up. If you look at his posts is always carrying on like that...

TabClear

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 06, 2018, 07:12:43 PM
The fact that this is the type of person that can be voted in govt say plenty, (about the voters) Hes as funny as Sammy Wilson,
i think (and it goes for both sides) vote in some people ( Jim Wells, Sammy Wilson, Jolene bunting, Greg Campbell) prime examples who are incapable of looking after themselves fore by try to run govt, or councils get voted in on the back of their parties, I actually think u could put up any party backed clown up and people would vote for him.

Mistake by Barry? don't think so, he knew what he was doing, in any other walk of life he get the road but in ole Norm Iron real politics and common sense don't apply

Everything he said.

It's f**king embarrassing that t**sers like this get elected here. As for McElduff at best he is a moron who thinks it's "funny" to post the kind of moronic videos he does and at worst he's no better than Jim Allister. Great options

StGallsGAA

To decide whether it was a deliberate act of provocation you only need to look at his track record.  Has he done this sort of stuff before?

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: michaelg on January 06, 2018, 07:15:11 PM

Longer again that he picked Kingsmills bread  ahead of any other brand.  Double it up that he put the writing the right way up too.

All in all  a terribly unlucky man. Remember that he and his like are building an Ireland of equals and teaching respect to all and sundry.

/Jim.

armaghniac

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 06, 2018, 08:46:29 PM
To decide whether it was a deliberate act of provocation you only need to look at his track record.  Has he done this sort of stuff before?

People believe him capable of it, so protestations are ineffective.
SF have promoted these clowns and allowed them act the bollix for years, and now they have run out of road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

michaelg

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2018, 09:03:15 PM
Surely cant be a coincidence.
If it's not a coincidence, it is a hateful thing to have done.