Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

He is not A Trialist,A Trialist is a player effctively being given a chance to earn a contract with the club, unlike Brendan's son who has the same modest footballing ability as his dad.

Also not very impressive performance from the squad against Rapid Vienna today, a team which is a step up from the dross in the SPFL,but significantly below the standard Celtic would expect to meet in Champs League Group Stages.

tonto1888

He was played as a trialist.
Also I'm. It got not to worry about how we played in a preseason friendly match.

T Fearon

So do you think there is the remotest chance he is going to be offered a contract by Celtic? If not,h shouldn't have played or been allowed anywhere near the first team squad.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2017, 11:17:34 PM
So do you think there is the remotest chance he is going to be offered a contract by Celtic? If not,h shouldn't have played or been allowed anywhere near the first team squad.

Read what Rodgers had to say

T Fearon

Linfield it is then! By coincidence I did the tour of Windsor Park today.The Wee man guiding the tour was tickled pink when I saw his name badge and asked if he was related to a guy by the same name I played with way back in the 80s. "He's my brother!" he said!

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2017, 06:33:15 AM
There is.Non Celtic players should not be featuring in Celtic's pre season games at the expense of another Celtic player.

Correct, especially since they play sevcos big brother in CL qualifying in ten days time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Whats the story regarding tickets for Windsor? One part of me doesn't want to give them any of my money but at the same time to go there and watch Celtic make we boys out of them should not be missed. I think Celtic are wrong to not take their ticket allocation as i believe it'll be more dangerous for we pockets of fans going to the ground not policed (which will happen), at least if the Celtic fans had a stand they can be segregated and policed to avoid any of the vampires looking victims. I just hope things pass off without incident but can't see it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on July 05, 2017, 12:50:23 PM
Whats the story regarding tickets for Windsor? One part of me doesn't want to give them any of my money but at the same time to go there and watch Celtic make we boys out of them should not be missed. I think Celtic are wrong to not take their ticket allocation as i believe it'll be more dangerous for we pockets of fans going to the ground not policed (which will happen), at least if the Celtic fans had a stand they can be segregated and policed to avoid any of the vampires looking victims. I just hope things pass off without incident but can't see it.

Yeah thinking about going myself - difficulty will arise in the extremely unlikely event Linfield score and everyone around you is going bananas.

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on July 05, 2017, 01:05:55 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 05, 2017, 12:50:23 PM

Yeah thinking about going myself - difficulty will arise in the extremely unlikely event Linfield score and everyone around you is going bananas.
That's just a bad feeling, not a life threatening difficulty,
I'd say a difficulty might arise when Celtic score, you loose the run of the yourself, are up on your feet roaring and celebrating and then you feel something akin to an overbearing malicious silence, you stop and look around.

Hectic

Ha - I have been in grounds before where I have only managed to get tickets with the home fans when playing Celtic and to be honest while it was hard to take the grin off my face at Celtic goals I have managed to sit put - albeit on my hands on occasion but you def are more obvious when everyone around you is jumping for joy - that said never came to any difficulty because of it but none of the grounds were Ibrox.

Come to think of it when visiting Windsor in the past I was in with the away fans for NI Spain - then again I was not an alien in that situation   :D

T Fearon

I did the tour of Windsor yesterday.First visit since the redevelopment.It.looks a hell of a lot smaller and pitch very close to fans.No hesitation in going if I grab hold of a ticket.They have a monitoring centre, from which cameras can home in on any seat.I think Linfield will control this well.I've sat among Lazio ultras so nothing bothers me at football now.

Hectic

Yeah I am not expecting massive difficulties - will be plenty of verbal abuse but that aside cannot see where issues will arise unless some Celtic fans out themselves in a big way as described by Main Street or suspicion may arise should Linfield score.  A family friend had to leave the Pat Jennings testimonial years ago as he had taken his young son and the supporters were singing 'If you hate Derry City clap your hands' and then singling people out who were not clapping but hopefully those days are past.

I would think tickets will be reasonably easy to come by if keen.

T Fearon

Was at Pat's testimonial.Where I was it was all good humoured.I think it will be ok.Banter is fine but no doubt you'll have a small minority frothing at the mouth.

Still its a far cry from 1979 when Gerry Daly playing for FAI team was split by a bottle thrown from the crowd, a game I was also at.

ned

T Fearon