The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

GOP in the Senate have come up with their own health reform . Political suicide. Once they lose the Midterms the impeachment can start. Trump is a fool.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on June 22, 2017, 08:20:35 PM
GOP in the Senate have come up with their own health reform . Political suicide. Once they lose the Midterms the impeachment can start. Trump is a fool.
there has been a few special elections for congress or the senate since trump was elected and the dems have lost them all I think (Carolina ,Georgia, Iowa ). The guy in Georgia had 20 million dollars spent on his campaign, people not buying into their fake message about being out for the poor people , they are leaderless ,rudderless  and way to far left need to back to center a bit .

whitey

If Democrats don't get rid of Nancy Pelosi they won't retake the house

Polls had Ossoff mysteriously ahead by 5-6 points a week out from the election and he ended up losing by almost 4

He also outspent her 6:1.

Some Dems I have heard that they've overplayed the Russia card and people are just tuning them out

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on June 22, 2017, 09:53:57 PM
If Democrats don't get rid of Nancy Pelosi they won't retake the house

Polls had Ossoff mysteriously ahead by 5-6 points a week out from the election and he ended up losing by almost 4

He also outspent her 6:1.

Some Dems I have heard that they've overplayed the Russia card and people are just tuning them out

I always like to point out the times that I agree with Whitey. Like this one.

Something to do with the Dems, piss up and brewery.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

I wouldn't be so sure of myself if I was you

It's not like the new bill is replacing a great bill or even a good bill. It's replacing an absolute cluster fvck of a bill that's collapsing in on top of itself daily

I'm sure some people's will lose coverage but under the old bill "it was the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week....their payments have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half"-Bill Clinton

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2017, 12:44:23 AM

It's not like the new bill is replacing a great bill or even a good bill. It's replacing an absolute cluster fvck of a bill that's collapsing in on top of itself daily

I'm sure some people's will lose coverage but under the old bill "it was the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week....their payments have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half"-Bill Clinton
Taking healthcare away from voters is stupid.
In the UK the Tories had to do a u turn on taxes that loaded costs onto voters.
US healthcare needs reform. Not tax cuts for the 1per cent

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 22, 2017, 09:42:28 PM
there has been a few special elections for congress or the senate since trump was elected and the dems have lost them all I think (Carolina ,Georgia, Iowa ). The guy in Georgia had 20 million dollars spent on his campaign, people not buying into their fake message about being out for the poor people , they are leaderless ,rudderless  and way to far left need to back to center a bit .

Of course the fact that these are all historically safe-as-houses seats for the GOP which ended up being skin-of-their-teeth wins is irrelevant.

How is the "for the poor people" message "fake"?

Which party is currently proposing to strip Medicaid from poor people in favour of tax cuts for the wealthy?

J70

So where is the "we are going to cover more people with tremendous plans for much less money" proposal Trump promised us?

You think a return to the before-Obamacare status quo of bare bones plans which resulted in people losing houses and going bankrupt or forgoing care altogether is going to be better?

I listened to a woman in Tennessee the other morning on NPR who was getting free dental care at a government-funded free weekend clinic. This woman couldn't afford to get regular dental care and had lost all of her upper teeth (she was 27). She was a keen Trump supporter. She was confident that he would pass some kind of legislation that would allow her to afford regular medical and dental care. But she absolutely rejected that government would have ANY role in the process. No details forthcoming from her about how that would work, but she was confident that there were people who were "smarter than her" (her words) who would come up with something.

Are these people for f**king real?

People need to decide whether the poor and sick and less fortunate are going to be cut loose and forgotten, or if society is going to all pitch in and help them with proper care, including preventative care. You can't have it both ways, especially in a system like the US.

whitey

The situation before Obamacare was unacceptable

Democrats can say stick their heads in the sand and extoll the virtues of Obamacare but the reality is that it has led to their annihilation at the polls during the past several elections

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/Felsenthal-Files/November-2013/Obama-Should-Have-Listened-to-the-Emanuel-Brothers-About-Obamacare/

I'm sure the new Republican plan won't be any great shakes either

I'm beginning to think it's like the gun control debate....really no workable solution

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

So where is the "we are going to cover more people with tremendous plans for much less money" proposal Trump promised us?

You think a return to the before-Obamacare status quo of bare bones plans which resulted in people losing houses and going bankrupt or forgoing care altogether is going to be better?

I listened to a woman in Tennessee the other morning on NPR who was getting free dental care at a government-funded free weekend clinic. This woman couldn't afford to get regular dental care and had lost all of her upper teeth (she was 27). She was a keen Trump supporter. She was confident that he would pass some kind of legislation that would allow her to afford regular medical and dental care. But she absolutely rejected that government would have ANY role in the process. No details forthcoming from her about how that would work, but she was confident that there were people who were "smarter than her" (her words) who would come up with something.

People need to decide whether the poor and sick and less fortunate are going to be cut loose and forgotten, or if society is going to all pitch in and help them with proper care, including preventative care. You can't have it both ways, especially in a system like the US.
Health crises drIve an awful lot of bankruptcies in the US.
The GOP will crucify their own voters. WTF.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2017, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

Health crises drIve an awful lot of bankruptcies in the US.
The GOP will crucify their own voters. WTF.

They will still win if the libs dont get off the anti Trump shit.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Stew, Trump support is mid 30s. He has to fire up that ignorant evangelical Base and reach out to moderates. Not gonna happen.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2017, 08:44:33 PM
Stew, Trump support is mid 30s. He has to fire up that ignorant evangelical Base and reach out to moderates. Not gonna happen.

Did you miss the four elections last week? He went 4-0 the dems got their asses handed to them foid, they need to change their leadership and get rid of the old guard, they then need to come to the centre and they need to have a plan to grow the economy, safeguard the borders and fix the healthcare mess, getting rid of the defecit, well some of it anyway would be a good idea as well, what they are doing now is killing them thank feck. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Maybe their plan should be along the lines of what Kellyanne said this morning of the poor people who are going to lose their Medicaid coverage. Basically, "get a job that offers health insurance".

Is THAT all it takes Kellyanne? You're going to start making all these businesses who employ low wage workers start offering medical insurance? Or are you just another GOPer saying "f**k you, not my problem" to appeal to the prejudices of your base?

maigheo

I think everyone knows by now that Kellyann is not to be taken seriously