The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: dclane on July 23, 2017, 10:03:56 PM
I'm a Red f**k Everton lol...
Surprised SHEEDY didn't post this. He's great at the aul Twitter stuff.. .
https://youtu.be/ukhbUOwWArg
dclane the 'I'm not a liverpool fan' posting again in support of the reds!!! You sure your not laoislad in disguise??
nil satis nisi optimum

dclane

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 23, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: dclane on July 23, 2017, 10:03:56 PM
I'm a Red f**k Everton lol...
Surprised SHEEDY didn't post this. He's great at the aul Twitter stuff.. .
https://youtu.be/ukhbUOwWArg
dclane the 'I'm not a liverpool fan' posting again in support of the reds!!! You sure your not laoislad in disguise??
Well I'm not from Laois so no I don't think so.
I thought you of all people would appreciate a viral twitter video.

SHEEDY

class act again by the club.....the peoples club'.

In celebration of the life of Bradley Lowery, Everton Football Club is hosting a charity football match at Goodison Park on Sunday 3 September.

The charity game has been arranged in conjunction with the Lowery family and the Bradley Lowery Foundation and, with the assistance of celebrity football organiser Sellebrity Soccer, will see a host of celebrities lace up their boots for the match which will benefit the Bradley Lowery Foundation and Everton in the Community.

Young Sunderland supporter Bradley won the hearts of football fans around the world during his brave battle against neuroblastoma, a rare type of cancer, before his sad passing this month aged six.

Gemma Lowery, mum of Bradley, said: "I appreciate Sellebrity Soccer putting in the hard work to get the football match arranged to raise funds for the Bradley Lowery Foundation. As always, Everton has been amazing in letting it happen at Goodison Park. The support is fantastic."

The match has been inspired by Bradley's love of football and the Club is proud to be able to host the fixture. Evertonians formed a special bond with the youngster, initially during Everton's match at Sunderland in September 2016, and then when he was a guest at Goodison Park for two matches in January and February this year.

He accompanied the Everton team onto the pitch ahead of the Blues' game against Manchester City in January whilst wearing his Sunderland kit – and was also the Black Cats' mascot for the Everton versus Sunderland fixture in February.

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright said: "There's little that I could ever add to the tributes to Bradley, that have already been fulsome throughout the world of football – and onwards. I didn't know him for long. But from the second he walked out onto the pitch with his beloved Sunderland Football Club against us, I felt an overwhelming "Blue" need to support him. Farhad and my Everton colleagues immediately supported that need.

"Everyone at Everton feels honoured to support this match to celebrate the short life of one of football's all-time greats - There's Only One Bradley Lowery."

The celebrity fixture will be played on Sunday 3 September, kicking off at 3pm, and will feature a host of celebrities.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Last season I was all on for bringing in Ciggysson but I am not so sure any more.
I mean back then we had lots of good central midfielders but not many who would score or set up many goals.
Now we've got Klaassen, Davis, Rooney, Sandro along with Lookman and Bolasie to come back.
I still think he's a great player but £50M is a lot for a player who might not play every week. Would you maybe play him alongsie Klaassen in a 4 man midfield?
Still Moshiri must know we can afford to bring him in and hopefully still get a striker.

I'm more concerned about are we gonna bottle it in signing a top quality striker and just settle with Rooney, Sandro and young Calvert-Lewin.
I'd like to see someone like Giroud or even Edin Dzeko as they are proven goal scorers whereas I think it's a risk trying someone like Moussa Dembele who was great in Scotland but not so great with Fulham before that.

Fuzzman

Are any of ye on here a member of the Goodison Blues supporters group that meet up in the mercantile in Dublin?

johnneycool

Gabriel_Hurl

SHEEDY

That stand was partially closed for maintenance due to improvements being made to access and facilities for disabled fans.

Made hard work of winning that tonight, struggled at times to create much but its still early days in pre season and hopefully better performances to come.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 27, 2017, 10:12:21 PM
That stand was partially closed for maintenance due to improvements being made to access and facilities for disabled fans.

Made hard work of winning that tonight, struggled at times to create much but its still early days in pre season and hopefully better performances to come.

Poor game all in although Sandro looks like he could make a go of it when he came on.

That Martina lad in right back was very ropey. Hurry up Seamus, but in the meantime let Holgate play out there!

Fuzzman

I like Koeman as a manager but you have to wonder about some of his choices.
Why is he playing Calvert-Lewin out on the right side and how he rates Martina I really don't know. He's signed him twice before I think.

Rooney didn't play that well and Mirallas was rubbish again. Early days of course and they sat deep and defended well. Thought lookman and Sandro should have been on much earlier

magpie seanie

I honestly can't see Rooney doing anything for ye. Especially not as a centre forward.

SHEEDY

Deal agreed at last for glyfi sigurdsson for a fee around £40million. Gareth barry gone to west brom. Hopefully see another striker in before end of august.
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

Closer to GBP45m.

Though it's a sign of the times when it's a give or take 5m figure :)