Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

John Sugrue and the boys may deserve to play in the Super 8s, but as a GAA county, we do not. The work is not being done at any level for us to deserve to play in the Super 8s.

High Fielder

I think you need to separate John Sugrue's work from everything else. I agree in principle with your point, but the fact remains that if we beat Monaghan, we are playing Super 8 football, and I can assure you Monaghan want to be there, so why shouldn't we? I'd be pleasantly surprised if we could beat Monaghan, make that shocked, but we will be giving it our best shot for sure.

I personally don't know of another coach in Laois that is within the same Parish as Sugrue, and maybe we just don't have good coaches. That is why I'm prepared to separate Sugrue's work from everything else that is going on. I agree the rest of it is a jumbled up mess without rhyme or reason, but Sugrue is maximising this panel's potential. If something doesn't look right, I'm telling you now there's a good reason for it. This man will give you every chance if you work hard for him and do as you're told

Chrimtain

I don't understand how the county board can stand by and watch our under age teams being humiliated year after year. I am afraid that our achievement this year at senior level represents the 'last sting of a dying wasp'.

High Fielder

I can see your point and I would share your fears. It is easy to get into a cycle of picking the best players and most successful coaches at underage and at the same time still disimprove. That is what is happening in Laois. It is obvious for all to see that at the very least, our strength and conditioning is non existent at underage, or what is being done is just not working.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Who is referring the game tomorrow, can't find it anywhere on the net...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

I am not mad about Ross starting,  he has had only one real good game this year and that was the Div 4 league final where his football brain was to the fore but pace was not tested.  I just think he doesn't have the legs at this stage of his career.  I don't want to be over critical as this player as he has been huge in both commitment and leadership in the past.   Wonder what sort of crowd will travel tomorrow probably not major.

With Strong, Begley and Timmons I think we need a Sweeper.  Can't see why Crowley was dropped I thought our Dublin starting team was the best available to us.  We look very susceptible,  between the half backs who are attack minded and Timmons who is not hugely pacey.  My thoughts if we play this team we look really unbalanced. 

Unless Farrell is going to be the sweeper with Evan moving to the half forward line

Chrimtain

Looking at the Kildare V Fermanagh game.........maybe Monaghan are not that good. Plus, Carlow beat Kildare!!

on the hop

I hope that's tongue in cheek, 6 division 1 teams from this year through now and Roscommon the seventh might as well be one as they were promoted. The gulf has really showed. The fastness of the pitches and heat is making it very hard to be defensive. Interesting to see what the tactic is. Pace and power has been very evident today. It's looking like you will have to be hitting a minimum of 20 points to be in the game

jimbob2

High fielder I really respect your opinions and knowledge of the game but have you not noticed that Laois abu and chrismtan are Kildare sht-e heads.  I can tell you that I have seen all those great  Laois players mentioned and loved and respected all of them and Beano was a genius, I actually played with Tom Prendergast and thought I wouldn't see better, but in the modern game  the skill levels of Donie nudge him above all the great players mentioned previously and thats just my opinion.

Chrimtain

Quote from: jimbob2 on July 07, 2018, 10:39:59 PM
High fielder I really respect your opinions and knowledge of the game but have you not noticed that Laois abu and chrismtan are Kildare sht-e heads.  I can tell you that I have seen all those great  Laois players mentioned and loved and respected all of them and Beano was a genius, I actually played with Tom Prendergast and thought I wouldn't see better, but in the modern game  the skill levels of Donie nudge him above all the great players mentioned previously and thats just my opinion.

I may be a shitehead, as you so politely put it, but I am not from Kildare, I am from Laois. Now f**k off you w*****r.

jimbob2

Laoiseabu

I'm a Laois man , what would suggest I'm a Kildare man if your so smart ?

Laoiseabu

Ohh now I get it . Just because I am realistic and not delusional about Laois football like most people makes me a Kildare shithead. People just don't like to hear the truth do they ?