Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Of course games development money should be distributed more evenly but I don't see how it's behind Dublin's four All-Irelands.

The vast majority of their key players were long out of primary school when this project started.

mup

The money saved on development can be pumped in elsewhere.

I find those figures very disturbing.

ashman

The real problem is that the GAA hierarchy "needed" a successful Dublin football team .  That is a financial reality. 

The Aristocrat

There has been 42 other threads on this, no need for a new one. Those figures don't show truth in my opinion.

If someone has the stats of how many 7 to 18 years old play in Dublin compared to the rest of the counties please?

Anyway greatest thing Dublin have done, its great to give the resources to the children of the city to promote our national game. Well done Dublin county board.

mup

The money is per registered player. Not sure how that doesn't show the truth.

tonto1888

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 05, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
The 3 lowest teams there are 3 of the biggest underachievers in recent years in terms of population in Cork, Galway and Kildare. Kerry are doing ok but they have massive revenue from sponsorship and donations. Meath's and Down are two other teams who should be getting better looked after. Tyrone and Donegal are doing very well with limited support but they have good income streams.

how much did the Garvaghey Cebtre cost?

JoG2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 05, 2016, 08:48:01 AM
There has been 42 other threads on this, no need for a new one. Those figures don't show truth in my opinion.

If someone has the stats of how many 7 to 18 years old play in Dublin compared to the rest of the counties please?

Anyway greatest thing Dublin have done, its great to give the resources to the children of the city to promote our national game. Well done Dublin county board.

and you've replied ad nauseam on them all...take a break and enjoy 'your' victory

redhandefender

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 05, 2016, 09:12:34 AM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 05, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
The 3 lowest teams there are 3 of the biggest underachievers in recent years in terms of population in Cork, Galway and Kildare. Kerry are doing ok but they have massive revenue from sponsorship and donations. Meath's and Down are two other teams who should be getting better looked after. Tyrone and Donegal are doing very well with limited support but they have good income streams.

how much did the Garvaghey Cebtre cost?

Its an absolute disgrace and its been going on for years. Even the NFL the most professional organisation going have a system in place to try and level the playing field. The GAA will sit and do nothing until its too late.

I don't know what garvaghey to do with it. We have a good system in place for raising funds from supporters and have loans which are being paid back? Whats your point about Garvaghey. Dublin have just build a fracility that dwarfs it

The Aristocrat

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2016, 09:38:32 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 05, 2016, 08:48:01 AM

and you've replied ad nauseam on them all...take a break and enjoy 'your' victory

Just pointing it out, im not going to get involved in this rubbish again drivin my Spewen McKenna, its agenda driven and doesn't cover the reality on the ground in Dublin. There are better articles from journalists that have written previous articles with exact figures, where the money goes exactly, how it used, playing figures etc. I actually think that Spewans obsession is affecting his mental health and im worried for him. He is also on the Kildare GAA forum spouting as well as trying to infiltrate Res Dubs.

One fund fact that Spewan doesn't mention is this: the fact Dublin employs its own coaching and games administrators, while in all other counties they are employed by the province.

Another fund fact the coaches are mainly used for primary schools and mini leagues and youth player coaching, its a great thing, its great for the children to get them interested in Gaelic games.

I was worried when Tyrone put 8 million pound into a centre of excellence, I thought wow, how can we compete with that , they will dominate etc but no, same with Dublin, its a very very good team but wont last forever.

As I said previously, fair play Dublin and Dublin county board.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: mup on October 05, 2016, 09:03:37 AM

I suspect you won't get a response from any Dub.

Farrandeelin

I know it is wrong about Dublin getting so much funding, but are the rest of the county boards so powerless that they can't ask questions as to why not us? Just wondering. Surely it would be no harm in asking for increased funding...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2016, 10:02:15 AM
I know it is wrong about Dublin getting so much funding, but are the rest of the county boards so powerless that they can't ask questions as to why not us? Just wondering. Surely it would be no harm in asking for increased funding...

I just don't know how everyone else has stood back and allowed it to happen.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 05, 2016, 10:02:07 AM
Quote from: mup on October 05, 2016, 09:03:37 AM

I suspect you won't get a response from any Dub.

Show me the figures, the exact figures on registered players vrs other counties.

The primary school coaching would also include no registered players.

winghalfun

Before this All-Ireland final I would have agreed with the article but now I am not so sure.

This Dublin team are not as great as the sum of all their parts.

They staggered over the line helped by Mayo's naivety/bad luck/poor decision making.  Nothing to do with money.

I'm sure Mickey Harte was ruefully looking on thinking what a missed opportunity.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2016, 10:02:15 AM

Seemingly Carlow asked for additional funding for football, were turned down as they had got funding for hurling. Money which Carlow I might add have spent very wisely.

Have been highlighting this for years and the pigs have just grunted at me. Wonder will it get any traction now or will we have to wait till Dublin win a Hurling All-Ireland.
#newbridgeornowhere