Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Strong looking team, looking forward to the match. Best of luck to the lads.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 26, 2018, 01:20:28 PM
McVeigh off the panel or just injured?

1 Chris Kerr
2 Peter Healy
3 Patrick Gallagher
4 Niall Delargy
5 Kevin O Boyle (Capt)
6 Mark Sweeney
7 James Laverty
8 Sean Burke
9 Niall McKeever
10 Stephen Beatty
11 Conor Murray
12 Paddy Mc Bride
13 Mathew Fitzpatrick
14 Colum Duffin
15 Ryan Murray
16 Andrew Hasson
17 Pat Brannigan
18 Paddy Mc Aleer
19 Connell Lemon
20 Ruairi Mc Cann
21 Ricky Johnston
22 Michael McCarry
23 Odhran Eastwood
24 C J Mc Gourty
25 Kristan Healy

for those who haven't saw it.
happy days football is back ! Sick of premier league lack of manliness

themac_23

Just seen on the county twitter laochra loch lao have been accepted to play doc 3 and JFC this year. Excuse my ignorance but what is the craic with them? Have they many numbers, under age etc? All I know of them is that they're Irish speaking. Any info? Goes without saying I wish them well and hope their club prosper

Milltown Row2

10 point win, that's what would have been expected
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galer

Any day u win by 10 is a good day but limiting the opposition to 5 is great stuff.also hurlers put in massive performance.

bannside

That was a very satisfactory opening performance. Took a while to settle but once it did there was only one winner. Leitrim had a fair bit of pre season done and John O Mahony was along the line with them too, so all in all we can be pleased to have got our scoring difference stats off to a healthy start. Long time since we put ten points on anyone...we need to focus now on Waterford next week and hope to produce a performance like this away from home.

Milltown Row2

Type of result like that would stick in Spikes throat!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Great result onwards and upwards for the the lads

Milltown Row2

Five posts? Seriously? We'd more posts on getting tanked by Tyrone! Spikes internet is clearly not working

country bumpkin

Great start for Lenny's boys .....support base poor....outnumbered by Leitrim people.

BrendanAntrim

There could and should have been more support there but 'outnumbered by Leitrim people' is nonsense. There was one wee pocket of Leitrim supporters up on the hill and another fella wandering around with a huge Leitrim flag - furled.

Very solid performance, string in most areas really, a few individual errors that can be worked on and ironed out. 15 points is a good total and there were some terrific scores among them. Would have been nice to have seen a goal too and it was on the cards a few times but last pass just let us down. Thats a very minor quibble.

Think we will do well this league.

paddyjohn

Fair play Lenny and the boys. A lot of positivity around the county this weekend!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 28, 2018, 10:54:20 PM
There could and should have been more support there but 'outnumbered by Leitrim people' is nonsense. There was one wee pocket of Leitrim supporters up on the hill and another fella wandering around with a huge Leitrim flag - furled.

Very solid performance, string in most areas really, a few individual errors that can be worked on and ironed out. 15 points is a good total and there were some terrific scores among them. Would have been nice to have seen a goal too and it was on the cards a few times but last pass just let us down. Thats a very minor quibble.

Think we will do well this league.

No CB said there was more of them than us.. why would you question that? And the difficulty in being positive is hard .. and great choice of captain

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: themac_23 on January 27, 2018, 06:45:03 PM
Just seen on the county twitter laochra loch lao have been accepted to play doc 3 and JFC this year. Excuse my ignorance but what is the craic with them? Have they many numbers, under age etc? All I know of them is that they're Irish speaking. Any info? Goes without saying I wish them well and hope their club prosper

seen that myself, where abouts are they based? in my ignorance id never heard of them before until i read that on twitter at the weekend of them being accepted into the JFC.
hurl like f**k boi!