Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 07, 2023, 02:52:05 PM
Im struggling to understand the "one handed pull isnt a foul" comments

If I pull the 'ball' in the air it's not a foul, if I connect with a player and not the ball it's a foul, whether I've two hands on it or not.

If a player stretches for a ball along the ground with one hand and pulls on it, it's not a foul, if connects with a player first it's a foul.

What's your understanding of the one handed pull?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2023, 03:11:33 PM

If I pull the 'ball' in the air it's not a foul, if I connect with a player and not the ball it's a foul, whether I've two hands on it or not.

If a player stretches for a ball along the ground with one hand and pulls on it, it's not a foul, if connects with a player first it's a foul.

He's in good company in fairness, the amount of times I've heard lads shouting for fouls for one handed pulls is unreal and whilst it can look a lot worse and reckless, get the ball clean you're good in my eyes as well as the rulebook.

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on August 07, 2023, 03:25:17 PM

He's in good company in fairness, the amount of times I've heard lads shouting for fouls for one handed pulls is unreal and whilst it can look a lot worse and reckless, get the ball clean you're good in my eyes as well as the rulebook.

This fella got the St Endas player head clean

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 07, 2023, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 07, 2023, 03:25:17 PM

This fella got the St Endas player head clean

So I believe and got a deserved red card, but the fact that he pulled one handed is immaterial, he was nowhere near the ball either with one or two hands on the hurl.

NorthAntrim

my understanding is the same as yours. you have to play the ball (or at least make it look like it) lol! regardless of how many hands you have on the hurl.

breakingball

Of course the one handed bit alone does not automatically mean it was a foul, but it did mean on this occasion that he was out of control, reckless  and dangerous.

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 07, 2023, 04:47:58 PM

my understanding is the same as yours. you have to play the ball (or at least make it look like it) lol! regardless of how many hands you have on the hurl.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: breakingball on August 07, 2023, 10:07:28 PM
Of course the one handed bit alone does not automatically mean it was a foul, but it did mean on this occasion that he was out of control, reckless  and dangerous.

And dealt with... striking is a one match ban, people calling for 6 months ban don't know the how they are handed out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffman

MR2 agree people calling 6 months are maybe exagerrating abit..

However regards the rules is there any scope for a referee to distinguish types of striking in their report?

On this occasion i personally feel 1 match is too lenient (2-3 is what I'd judge appropriate) I also understand we don't have the capacity to judge each incident and trial them separately hence why we standardise and have a referee report and set punishments.

Real question is - is dangerous & on this occasion possibly intentional striking round the head treated the same as say shafting someone when it comes to suspension?

Milltown Row2

Thems the guidelines in the rule book for us to write the match reports, striking with hurl, hand, foot.

Additional suspension comes from whether the persons have been sent off regularly in that season I think

It's always a CCC decision, we reported it, they deal with it

Hoof Hearted

obviously its the rules, but seems strange that that is a one match ban, same as 2 yellows.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 08, 2023, 08:29:38 AM
obviously its the rules, but seems strange that that is a one match ban, same as 2 yellows.

Two yellows ain't a one match ban, only if they have received disciplinary actions in that season would it result in a ban. (I think)

imtommygunn

Yeah, your first 2 yellows you get no ban but it's any subsequent 2 yellows you would get a ban for would be my understanding of it.

NorthAntrim

pulling a lads faceguard getting the same punishement as a wild pull around the head doesnt really make sense. id say the bigger punnishment will be trust from the manager

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2023, 10:28:33 PM
Quote from: breakingball on August 07, 2023, 10:07:28 PM

And dealt with... striking is a one match ban, people calling for 6 months ban don't know the how they are handed out!

There's Cat III striking with minimal force and that's a one match ban then there's Cat IV striking with hurley, either with force or causing injury and it's a two match ban.

CitySlicker11

How do you see the rest of that group playing out if assuming Rian is missing? Cushendall to come out on top, followed by Loughgiel and then St Endas for me. Likely to leave quarter finals being Loughgiel v St Johns and St Endas v Rossa to go through and meet Dunloy & Cushendall. Or is it an open draw at the quarter final stage?