Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faughs

Big difference in standards in the leagues so it's not the full story to say Carey were poor and Sars were great. Carey still a very young team with a large number having final experience albeit losing which will stand to them. Carey by 2

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: faughs on September 14, 2017, 11:07:10 PM
Big difference in standards in the leagues so it's not the full story to say Carey were poor and Sars were great. Carey still a very young team with a large number having final experience albeit losing which will stand to them. Carey by 2

It will be close. This will be the hardest test, Sarsfields are team on a good run of form and I cant see them crumble like the other teams we have faced in the Championship thus far. I hope we can put the final hoodoo to bed and not bottle it like previous years.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Sarsfields to win handy. The club has got itself back in a good place  this year with the footballers only needing to turn up to win the junior. 12/13 players involved in both codes and have only lost 1 game between football/hurling in both league and championship this season. Carey on the other hand have put all their eggs in one basket hoping that the league will be re-structured to retain their league status and focused on championship. Sarsfields by 6 or 7 with the only thing that may give Carey a squeak is the injury Niall McKenna is carrying and he is rated as 50/50 to play but I would be very surprised if he doesn't make an appearance he is  a class act on his day.

Last Man

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 15, 2017, 09:28:51 AM
Sarsfields to win handy. The club has got itself back in a good place  this year with the footballers only needing to turn up to win the junior. 12/13 players involved in both codes and have only lost 1 game between football/hurling in both league and championship this season. Carey on the other hand have put all their eggs in one basket hoping that the league will be re-structured to retain their league status and focused on championship. Sarsfields by 6 or 7 with the only thing that may give Carey a squeak is the injury Niall McKenna is carrying and he is rated as 50/50 to play but I would be very surprised if he doesn't make an appearance he is  a class act on his day.

He'll be playing alright. Only suffered a dislocated finger in our game, unless something happened him in the mean time.

Stillwater2

He hasn't lifted a hurl since. He wont play tomorrow.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on September 15, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

He'll be playing alright. Only suffered a dislocated finger in our game, unless something happened him in the mean time.

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays eh??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2017, 11:15:12 AM

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays

I'm surprised at that. One of the most common injuries I've seen in our squad in the last few years. Pop it back in support with some tape and play on. His must be particularly bad.

SillyAsFaugh

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays eh??

I heard the bone went through his skin, maybe just a rumour

Stillwater2

Yeap bone went through skin and still no movement in the finger.

He wont play remainder of this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on September 15, 2017, 11:51:56 AM

Ah, now that is shit!! He'll be fine for the Ulster campaign  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on September 15, 2017, 11:48:52 AM

I heard the bone went through his skin, maybe just a rumour
Quote from: Stillwater2 on September 15, 2017, 11:51:56 AM

Thats a pity, have seen similar injury and a lad back playing within 2 weeks albeit with the finger taped up, clearly just lucky. Disappointing for him to miss the final, a fine hurler who would only add to the spectacle.

saffron123

Carey to edge it, conditions will play a big part in the game and think carey will deal with them better! McKenna a big loss for Sarsefields

faughs

I have no doubt he will be playing, seen the same crap on here every year around champ time - xxxx isn't playing , xxxxx is injured

Suspect the pitch is going to be a bog given all the rain - one of the matches is bound to be moved elsewhere.

Milltown Row2

Hopefully Sarsfields come into the game with the right attitude, Carey won't be a push over, Carey are due a win and have dispatched good teams along the way and played in higher division so the closer this gets to throw in the more it's a fifty fifty game! Good luck to both teams

SillyAsFaugh