Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3859726 times)

SillyAsFaugh

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37035 on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
Big difference in standards in the leagues so it's not the full story to say Carey were poor and Sars were great. Carey still a very young team with a large number having final experience albeit losing which will stand to them. Carey by 2

It will be close. This will be the hardest test, Sarsfields are team on a good run of form and I cant see them crumble like the other teams we have faced in the Championship thus far. I hope we can put the final hoodoo to bed and not bottle it like previous years.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

• View Profile
« Reply #37036 on: September 15, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
Sarsfields to win handy. The club has got itself back in a good place  this year with the footballers only needing to turn up to win the junior. 12/13 players involved in both codes and have only lost 1 game between football/hurling in both league and championship this season. Carey on the other hand have put all their eggs in one basket hoping that the league will be re-structured to retain their league status and focused on championship. Sarsfields by 6 or 7 with the only thing that may give Carey a squeak is the injury Niall McKenna is carrying and he is rated as 50/50 to play but I would be very surprised if he doesn't make an appearance he is  a class act on his day.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37037 on: September 15, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »
Sarsfields to win handy. The club has got itself back in a good place  this year with the footballers only needing to turn up to win the junior. 12/13 players involved in both codes and have only lost 1 game between football/hurling in both league and championship this season. Carey on the other hand have put all their eggs in one basket hoping that the league will be re-structured to retain their league status and focused on championship. Sarsfields by 6 or 7 with the only thing that may give Carey a squeak is the injury Niall McKenna is carrying and he is rated as 50/50 to play but I would be very surprised if he doesn't make an appearance he is  a class act on his day.

He'll be playing alright. Only suffered a dislocated finger in our game, unless something happened him in the mean time.

Stillwater2

• View Profile
« Reply #37038 on: September 15, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
He hasn't lifted a hurl since. He wont play tomorrow.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37039 on: September 15, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »

He'll be playing alright. Only suffered a dislocated finger in our game, unless something happened him in the mean time.

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays eh??
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #37040 on: September 15, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays

I'm surprised at that. One of the most common injuries I've seen in our squad in the last few years. Pop it back in support with some tape and play on. His must be particularly bad.

SillyAsFaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #37041 on: September 15, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

Dislocated my shoulder dozens of times, pop it back it play on!! Kids nowadays eh??

I heard the bone went through his skin, maybe just a rumour

Stillwater2

• View Profile
« Reply #37042 on: September 15, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »
Yeap bone went through skin and still no movement in the finger.

He wont play remainder of this year.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37043 on: September 15, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »

Ah, now that is shit!! He'll be fine for the Ulster campaign  ;)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #37044 on: September 15, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

I heard the bone went through his skin, maybe just a rumour

Thats a pity, have seen similar injury and a lad back playing within 2 weeks albeit with the finger taped up, clearly just lucky. Disappointing for him to miss the final, a fine hurler who would only add to the spectacle.

saffron123

• View Profile
« Reply #37045 on: September 15, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
Carey to edge it, conditions will play a big part in the game and think carey will deal with them better! McKenna a big loss for Sarsefields

faughs

• View Profile
« Reply #37046 on: September 15, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
I have no doubt he will be playing, seen the same crap on here every year around champ time - xxxx isn't playing , xxxxx is injured

Suspect the pitch is going to be a bog given all the rain - one of the matches is bound to be moved elsewhere.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37047 on: September 16, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »
Hopefully Sarsfields come into the game with the right attitude, Carey won't be a push over, Carey are due a win and have dispatched good teams along the way and played in higher division so the closer this gets to throw in the more it's a fifty fifty game! Good luck to both teams

SillyAsFaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #37048 on: September 16, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
My money would be on a Gort na mona and Sarsfields double..

hurlingstick

• View Profile
« Reply #37049 on: September 16, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
My money would be on a Gort na mona and Sarsfields double..

Sarsfields were seriously impressive - 6 points didn't do justice to the scoreline. 2 disallowed goals by Cunning on top of that.
Their running was a joy to watch. How many yellow cards did Cunning hand out?? He seemed to enjoy the attention.