Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1669005 times)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #14520 on: September 24, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
They won the Ulster minor championship too. This demonstrates the importance of a strong Belfast. Does this help shape your thinking a bit better CB?
My thinking is I have heard it all before BS......and I have seen  a few excellent county managers subjected to whispering campaigns to force them out.....John Morrison...Baker  for example....Ditzy joins the band.
Incidentally see u have abandoned ur previous support for Austerity in Saffron....no more packed lunches.
Think ur teacher friend has gotten his dates a trifle mixed...St Marys were last Mc Crory winners in 1986....afraid Antrim last win an Ulster minor football title was/82....remember it well....

And Donegal's ability to never win college football but win some all Irelands means it doesn't mean a strong school success works out at senior county! How many titles have the SW schools managed?
No colleges in the S West MR2......thought a smart lad like u would know that even though u never seem to make it this far.
Can assure you that their are more than a. few Mc Crory medals jangling in the pockets of S West based players.....think they have picked up 9 or 10 this year

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:26 PM »
I thought that, so with all the medals in the SW surely then Antrim had plenty of representation at College level winning MacRory cups but we're still shit?? You don't make any sense... again can you answer Donegals success at senior intercounty without EVER winning at college level??
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: September 24, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
I thought that, so with all the medals in the SW surely then Antrim had plenty of representation at College level winning MacRory cups but we're still shit?? You don't make any sense... again can you answer Donegals success at senior intercounty without EVER winning at college level??
Jeez was BS who brought up the nutty professor college wastage thing.......ask him sure Donegal is a long ways from home and like urself I like to stay near home.
Sure the Tir Conail men may well be late developers ;)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: September 24, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »

Vocational schools ;)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: September 24, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Can your knowledgeable teacher mate remember when a Belfast college last won a Mc Crory cup  BS......?

::)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: September 24, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »
Can your knowledgeable teacher mate remember when a B :)elfast college last won a Mc Crory cup  BS......?

::)
And....... :)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »
Sorry I'm confused you said it was BS but it was you  ;D

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: September 24, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »
CB and MR2 what are your solutions to making us successful on the national stage?

There is no doubt if we had schools playing at a consistantly higher level that would improve our lot.

You speak to boys from other counties and you hear them saying from they got to 1st year in secondary school their dream was to make the McCrory team. You hear them saying the McCrory team often trained twice a day including lunchtime...that training was harder than most  did after leaving school. You have our boys pulling on an Antrim minor jersey and then going and trying to compete at that level and intensity. Look at the final last week...it is fitness, intensity, power and skill thats needed. We need to improve our players at underage on all those aspects

I have been told 3 things from i started playing that improved my game...3 things is too little and a sad indictment of the skills coaching in our county. Everything else has just been bluster and shite like get stuck into them, you have to want it boys etc
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: September 24, 2017, 09:52:27 PM »
We need dedicated coaches following a certain training guidelines, having a foundation coaching course won't cut it, having the abilities to vary coaching, tournaments at all levels with various clubs from inside and outside the county, development of players at divisional level (keeps travel and distance down) at all ages all year... coaches coming into schools and taking the burden away from teachers who are too busy with work and taking the teams (training and games) having a centre of excellence were not just the basics are taught on the pitch but using video analysis and lectures on games and game play plus nutrition and sport life balances.... I could go on and this applies for all ages and both codes...

These are just some views, planning and executing these would prove a lot harder to do currently, as it requires huge funding and commitment, also needs to be monitored and assessed, Antrim has more players more senior clubs than more successful counties, its a mystery why we fail so many times

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: Today at 12:22:59 AM »
Indeed CB. My knowledgeable contact played in that Antrim minor team that won the Ulster cship. 82 was the year correct. I stand corrected on the Mc Rory cup stat. St Mary's lost to eventual winners St Pats by a point in the semi final after extra time. Think for some reason that match was in Glenravel.