Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on September 14, 2018, 03:51:56 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 14, 2018, 02:22:33 PM
I see what youre saying, the more I think on it Orior was right, she is an attention seeking gimp......

In the context of which she was in the news - giving her side of a police ombudsman report into the PSNI's handling of her rape at the hands of the IRA, I don't think she was attention seeking and to say she was is utterly reprehensible.
Firstly her rape was not at the hands of the IRA, she was raped and abused by well known member of the IRA who it appears abused at least one other girl. The IRA failed her in not dealing with the abuse. The RUC failed her by trying to exploit her abuse for their own ends and social services abused her. Maria Cahill has very obviously been traumatised by her experience bot of the abuse and trying to seek redress. In my view she has been further abused by those political parties opposed to SF, not without abusers in their own ranks trying to score points, rather than get her justice. Maria herself has had a colourful political career. But nothing can excuse the way in which she was treated by the state or by those in the IRA seeking to cover for the organisation in much the same way they criticise the church for doing. MaryLou needs to make a fulsome apology for the sins of the past.

quit yo jibbajabba

I was being sarcastic just for clarification  ;)

trailer

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 14, 2018, 04:40:30 PM
I see what youre saying, the more I think on it Orior was right, she is an attention seeking gimp......

In the context of which she was in the news - giving her side of a police ombudsman report into the PSNI's handling of her rape at the hands of the IRA, I don't think she was attention seeking and to say she was is utterly reprehensible.
Firstly her rape was not at the hands of the IRA, she was raped and abused by well known member of the IRA who it appears abused at least one other girl. The IRA failed her in not dealing with the abuse. The RUC failed her by trying to exploit her abuse for their own ends and social services abused her. Maria Cahill has very obviously been traumatised by her experience bot of the abuse and trying to seek redress. In my view she has been further abused by those political parties opposed to SF, not without abusers in their own ranks trying to score points, rather than get her justice. Maria herself has had a colourful political career. But nothing can excuse the way in which she was treated by the state or by those in the IRA seeking to cover for the organisation in much the same way they criticise the church for doing. MaryLou needs to make a fulsome apology for the sins of the past.

Why would the IRA deal with her abuse? You are confusing a terrorist organisation with a court of law. It is not for the IRA to deal with.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on September 14, 2018, 05:16:27 PM

Why would the IRA deal with her abuse? You are confusing a terrorist organisation with a court of law. It is not for the IRA to deal with.
The IRA prevented or discouraged her to go to the Police. In this case they should have made an exception. He should also have been exposed and disowned way sooner.

Farrandeelin

Liadh (sp) Ní Riada their presidential candidate?

Or will they spring Gerry from the hat?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Who are you talking about here?

One hand owning up the other slinging mud
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Not much gender balance in Sinn Féin these days.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 17, 2018, 12:57:25 AM

Who are you talking about here?

One hand owning up the other slinging mud
I have nothing to own up to, I am not in SF nor any party. Other parties have had members in court on charges of varying seriousness. I am merely commenting.

Orior

Did anyone see Maria Cahill on the television last night?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo4Sam

I see Liadh No Riada has let the cat out of the bag on their "average" industrial wage.
She's taking home €47k which is the average industrial wage apparently. Just the small semantic, her words, of gross versus net
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

trailer

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 24, 2018, 11:28:40 AM
I see Liadh No Riada has let the cat out of the bag on their "average" industrial wage.
She's taking home €47k which is the average industrial wage apparently. Just the small semantic, her words, of gross versus net

I'm surprised anyone falls for this. They have never taken the average industrial wage. Any of them.

She's not a very credible person to run for President. Given her performances I am surprised she's an elected MEP. Does she bring clout from something else? Her family connections? Her past?

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on October 24, 2018, 11:32:00 AM

I'm surprised anyone falls for this. They have never taken the average industrial wage. Any of them.

She's not a very credible person to run for President. Given her performances I am surprised she's an elected MEP. Does she bring clout from something else? Her family connections? Her past?

Ranked 71st out of 751 MEPs for level of activity in the role. In other words, she is among the 10% of hardest working MEPs.
http://www.mepranking.eu/mep.php?id=124987#mep

Jim_Murphy_74

When they didn't go with a high profile candidate I thought she was a good choice.   Shinners would rock up a 12 to 15% vote from party ranks and she would supplement it with a few more by virtue of being middle class, Gaeltacht, O'Riada family and active MP.

I'd say her Poppy answer last week cost her a lot of the Shinner "banker" vote and that performance last night will have cost her some of the wider vote.

Still she is far from the worst in the field.

/Jim.

RedHand88

Quote from: Snapchap on October 24, 2018, 11:47:48 AM
Quote from: trailer on October 24, 2018, 11:32:00 AM

Ranked 71st out of 751 MEPs for level of activity in the role. In other words, she is among the 10% of hardest working MEPs.
http://www.mepranking.eu/mep.php?id=124987#mep

Look up Diane Dodds and give yourself a laugh.