The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
I'm not sure how you can say he wasted his career. Only he knows that. Loyalty is a strange thing to be giving a lad stick for. If his dream was to play for Southampton for his whole career, and be a club legend, then he's probably achieved that.

Did Stevie G waste his career playing with Liverpool because average players won more at other clubs?
I'm not sure how you can say he didn't. Either way its just a matter of opinion. Maybe he didn't believe he could play at a higher level. Who knows. Either way for a guy of his talent to stay at a mediocre club at the time like Southampton  is a wasted career imo.
Comparison to Gerrard is ridiculous.  Gerrard won plenty with Liverpool.

Silly argument LL. Its like someone saying 'show him your medals' to Matty Forde, Joe Canning etc.
No it isn't.

ok you win

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
I'm not sure how you can say he wasted his career. Only he knows that. Loyalty is a strange thing to be giving a lad stick for. If his dream was to play for Southampton for his whole career, and be a club legend, then he's probably achieved that.

Did Stevie G waste his career playing with Liverpool because average players won more at other clubs?
I'm not sure how you can say he didn't. Either way its just a matter of opinion. Maybe he didn't believe he could play at a higher level. Who knows. Either way for a guy of his talent to stay at a mediocre club at the time like Southampton  is a wasted career imo.
Comparison to Gerrard is ridiculous.  Gerrard won plenty with Liverpool.

Silly argument LL. Its like someone saying 'show him your medals' to Matty Forde, Joe Canning etc.
No it isn't.

ok you win
👌
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Ok, if he was happy to stay at a mediocre club like Southampton winning nothing but being the Billy big balls at the club maybe he doesn't think he wasted his career.
He certainly wasted his talent by staying at a club like Southampton.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2017, 11:55:46 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 08:52:33 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 24, 2017, 09:36:01 AM
Quote from: dclane on July 23, 2017, 04:33:00 PM
Le Tiss is a dick  alright.
Seems he has his knickers in a twist that a player would rather be at Liverpool than Southampton.
The I turned down Liverpool jibe is too obvious for it to be funny imo. It's a bit childish and not really an intelligent put  down.
Le Tisser was a wasted talent and I reckon it annoys him now he looks back on his career that he didn't play for a bigger club.

Wise up! Class player. Maybe he wasn't money driven and enjoyed playing for Soton.

Its hard to criticise Le Tissier for staying with his boyhood club his whole career, but he is being a bit of dick in these circumstances.

He has spent the whole season raving about how fantastic VVD is and him being the best CB in league etc and now seems annoyed that someone wants to buy him, for what will probably be a world record fee for a defender.

Hows he being a d1ck when its clear he's having a pop at his fellow Soccer Saturday presenters including that clown Phil Thompson.

In saying that any so called pundit on that show is a moron with the exception of Kamara who is good craic!
I suppose Thompson could just show Le Tisser his 7 league title and 2 European Cup winners medals as a pop back...

Le Tisser was a fantastic player,but let's be honest he wasted his career staying at Southampton. The guy could have played for any club he wanted and won any amount of winners medals, instead he stayed at Southampton and won nothing.
He didn't even win many international caps.
He is obviously pissed off VVD wants to leave and that Twitter post makes him look bitter.

he stayed loyal to his club his entire career and tried to make them the best they could be. In my eyes he's more of a winner than those mercenary hoors jumping from club to club picking up the odd trophy here or there.

magpie seanie

I see where your prospective new signing is supposed to be a bit of a headcase. Taking a teammate out of it in training. Better keep him away from Philippe.

AZOffaly

I'd say he won't be coming by the looks of it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2017, 02:29:33 PM
I see where your prospective new signing is supposed to be a bit of a headcase. Taking a teammate out of it in training. Better keep him away from Philippe.

Dunno about that. From the footage I saw he was cleaned first then retaliated!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

The tackle wasn't as bad as they are trying to make out.

It was certainly a bit reckless for a training session, but its just the press trying to manufacture a story.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

It'll be Mascherano that Philippe needs to worry about  ;)

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2017, 03:02:18 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

The tackle wasn't as bad as they are trying to make out.

It was certainly a bit reckless for a training session, but its just the press trying to manufacture a story.
Exactly. We wouldn't have heard a thing about it if Liverpool weren't interested in signing him.
Doesn't look like he's coming now anyway.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on July 25, 2017, 03:03:36 PM

It'll be Mascherano that Philippe needs to worry about  ;)

If I said that....... :)

J70

Idiotic stereotyping aside, that fundraising thing is a strange one. These lads wanted to act the lad and get a reaction. Now they have criminal records for their troubles. Idiots.

Although the morons who reacted and came flying in are way worse. It's a game FFS. Take your beating and get back to your real life.

Gabriel_Hurl

You think he'd be more interested in the Everton game - looks like no-one else is