Is Stormont going to fall?

Started by Denn Forever, August 21, 2015, 10:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

Quote from: Pub Bore on September 10, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Robbo has not resigned he has "stepped aside".  The most interesting line in his statement was the bit about Foster staying on as Finance Minister in order that Nationalists and Republicans I.e. Catholics, could not make any financial decisions that would be to the detriment of NI. Meaning?? Those darn irresponsible Taigs can't be trusted with the money.  Probably as insulting as his line about Muslims but sure he gets away with it.
As Foster is acting first minster she can then hand the role back to Petey when it suits them, rather than leaving it all behind them.

sensethetone

Maybe then someone could have put some pressure on the P.M. society to pay back their loans that their 2 yrs behind.

An Watcher

What a surprise, those shinners were released

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on September 10, 2015, 07:09:29 PM
I see Mr Storey released without any charge.
Seems the remnants of the RUC up to old tricks influencing the Political scene.
They should never have appointed one of them as Chief Constable, should have gone for another English Cop.

Yep, I wonder will the Indo apologise for the shit they spouted today? ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Pub Bore on September 10, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Robbo has not resigned he has "stepped aside".  The most interesting line in his statement was the bit about Foster staying on as Finance Minister in order that Nationalists and Republicans I.e. Catholics, could not make any financial decisions that would be to the detriment of NI. Meaning?? Those darn irresponsible Taigs can't be trusted with the money.  Probably as insulting as his line about Muslims but sure he gets away with it.

I just saw that there, what a **** of a man.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Quote from: An Watcher on September 10, 2015, 09:25:07 PM
What a surprise, those shinners were released

Storey was the only Shinner, Eddie Copeland could probably be described as a "business man" now..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

trileacman

A mere charade, all of this. Part of me is lad the Executive will collapse, those f**kers up there want nothing to do with running a region for the betterment of the people, it's all about squabbling and f**king over the other side so you get elected again the next time round. The mistrust, hate and vitrol has been ever present since the start of the troubles continues unabated, the only difference is that is no longer mirrored by violence.

The attitudes remain unabashed. "The prods have all the best things and look after only themselves"/"The taigs are out to undermine and ruin us". It's a pity because 70-80% of the people in the North manage to get on with their lives, paying no heed to the politics of the prods/taigs they work for/with, live beside and do business with.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Alot of spite on here for Mike Nesbitt. I think he has played this one brilliantly, didn't know he had the smarts to do it.

Don't get me wrong, he's a complete charlatan who doesn't give a fcuk what drug pusher or provo gets shot in Belfast but he's put a charge on the DUP and caught them broadside. I'd say he's won serious kudos from those hardliners who drifted over to the DUP in the early 2000's. Collapses an Assembly that's stagnating and no-one gives a f**k about, sticks a knife in the DUP and Sinn Fein and strengthens his hand ahead of elections in the near future. It's political black arts at it's finest. Selfish, undemocratic and morally corrupt, yes but as political maneuvering goes it's genius.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gaffer

I see Adams there today.

Should he not be down in Louth where he is getting paid to represent his constituents !

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: trileacman on September 10, 2015, 10:59:51 PM
Alot of spite on here for Mike Nesbitt. I think he has played this one brilliantly, didn't know he had the smarts to do it.

Don't get me wrong, he's a complete charlatan who doesn't give a fcuk what drug pusher or provo gets shot in Belfast but he's put a charge on the DUP and caught them broadside. I'd say he's won serious kudos from those hardliners who drifted over to the DUP in the early 2000's. Collapses an Assembly that's stagnating and no-one gives a f**k about, sticks a knife in the DUP and Sinn Fein and strengthens his hand ahead of elections in the near future. It's political black arts at it's finest. Selfish, undemocratic and morally corrupt, yes but as political maneuvering goes it's genius.
I wouldn,t get to carried away with Nesbitt's brilliance, he is a failed TV presenter, a failed property developer, and I believe he's on his way to becoming a failed politician.

ashman

There is something about  therese villiers ...........

Mmmmm

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2015, 06:00:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 09, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2015, 12:04:53 PM
There is no doubt that people within SF are still also in or connected to the IRA. SF need to ensure that these people choose one or t'other otherwise Unionists will continue to throw it in their faces. I think it is time both the SDLP and SF left Stormont. They gave it a shot but the fact remains that Unionists are not prepared to accommodate anything other than Unionist rule. They are not prepared to grant any sort of equality within the Northern State to those of us who consider ourselves Irish. It will eventually be the undoing of that same state as Unionist hardliners repeat the mistakes of the past. Truth is may nationalists my self included would be happy within the UK if we had any sort of recognition officially of Irish Flags and Emblems and an enhanced Island identity.
Seems it's not just the loyalists who place ridiculous importance on flegs and emblems then... Seriously, if that's the level of concern, then we truly are talking first world problems.
I am old enough to know that things for nationalists have improved. But a state should reflect its people this one doesn't and yes it is important, not in the loyalist sense of down your throat but in a sense of fairness.
Flegs and emblems an important enough factor to determine whether you're happy to live in one jurisdiction over another?
Look this is our country too why should we move? The state should reflect the identity of all its citizens and not just one section.

Applesisapples

Foster lets the unionist mask slip...rogue and renegade nationalists and republicans. You can't have a taig about the house the family silver would disappear.

upthehoops

Quote from: ashman on September 11, 2015, 01:33:11 AM

Mmmmm
Think you've had too many shandies

Applesisapples

Quote from: upthehoops on September 11, 2015, 08:37:38 AM
Quote from: ashman on September 11, 2015, 01:33:11 AM

Mmmmm
Think you've had too many shandies
I don't know now...