Is Stormont going to fall?

Started by Denn Forever, August 21, 2015, 10:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I hope not Stormont is a failed experiment, time for joint authority only way.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2015, 04:41:49 PM

Proper joint authority - not a token Dubliner sitting at the back in the odd meeting.

I'd also push to remove the complete and utter insult by Dublin that has NI being dealt with under foreign affairs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

I used to be fairly interested in the politics here but I usually switch over now when the local news comes on
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omaghjoe

Robinson has resigned

Foster taking over temporarily!

red hander

Quote from: Orior on September 10, 2015, 05:04:55 PM

Proper joint authority - not a token Dubliner sitting at the back in the odd meeting.

I'd also push to remove the complete and utter insult by Dublin that has NI being dealt with under foreign affairs.

Think this is the way it's going. That was a farce up on the hill, all pigs in the trough and no attempt by unionists to live with the native people as equals. They're so thick they don't realise this will inevitably lead to a bigger say by Dublin as British disengagement increases ... a good day as it means the end of Robinson, forced to resign after being bounced into it and made look an idiot by, of all people, Mike Nesbitt.

michaelg

Would Dublin pay half the bills?

omaghjoe

Quote from: michaelg on September 10, 2015, 05:33:07 PM

Maybe they would if they where getting half the tax revenues that disappear off to London and arent credited to NI

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 09, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2015, 12:04:53 PM
There is no doubt that people within SF are still also in or connected to the IRA. SF need to ensure that these people choose one or t'other otherwise Unionists will continue to throw it in their faces. I think it is time both the SDLP and SF left Stormont. They gave it a shot but the fact remains that Unionists are not prepared to accommodate anything other than Unionist rule. They are not prepared to grant any sort of equality within the Northern State to those of us who consider ourselves Irish. It will eventually be the undoing of that same state as Unionist hardliners repeat the mistakes of the past. Truth is may nationalists my self included would be happy within the UK if we had any sort of recognition officially of Irish Flags and Emblems and an enhanced Island identity.
Seems it's not just the loyalists who place ridiculous importance on flegs and emblems then... Seriously, if that's the level of concern, then we truly are talking first world problems.
I am old enough to know that things for nationalists have improved. But a state should reflect its people this one doesn't and yes it is important, not in the loyalist sense of down your throat but in a sense of fairness.
Flegs and emblems an important enough factor to determine whether you're happy to live in one jurisdiction over another?

muppet

Quote from: michaelg on September 10, 2015, 05:33:07 PM

You wouldn't mind paying off German Bank losses, sure you wouldn't?
MWWSI 2017

naka

Jeez
Just when Nama enquiry was getting interesting.
As an aside have to say I wonder who is feeding Jamie the info

omaghjoe

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2015, 06:00:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 09, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2015, 12:04:53 PM
There is no doubt that people within SF are still also in or connected to the IRA. SF need to ensure that these people choose one or t'other otherwise Unionists will continue to throw it in their faces. I think it is time both the SDLP and SF left Stormont. They gave it a shot but the fact remains that Unionists are not prepared to accommodate anything other than Unionist rule. They are not prepared to grant any sort of equality within the Northern State to those of us who consider ourselves Irish. It will eventually be the undoing of that same state as Unionist hardliners repeat the mistakes of the past. Truth is may nationalists my self included would be happy within the UK if we had any sort of recognition officially of Irish Flags and Emblems and an enhanced Island identity.
Seems it's not just the loyalists who place ridiculous importance on flegs and emblems then... Seriously, if that's the level of concern, then we truly are talking first world problems.
I am old enough to know that things for nationalists have improved. But a state should reflect its people this one doesn't and yes it is important, not in the loyalist sense of down your throat but in a sense of fairness.
Flegs and emblems an important enough factor to determine whether you're happy to live in one jurisdiction over another?

What can I say Maguire, some people have the wrong priorities in life...

Alot more important to me is wether the realm I live in involves having to listen to Monaghan or Derry people. You need a few around to watch their reactions to another Tyrone hammering but too many makes everyday life intolerable.

Pub Bore

Quote from: naka on September 10, 2015, 06:01:32 PM
Jeez
Just when Nama enquiry was getting interesting.
As an aside have to say I wonder who is feeding Jamie the info

Junior??

Pub Bore

Robbo has not resigned he has "stepped aside".  The most interesting line in his statement was the bit about Foster staying on as Finance Minister in order that Nationalists and Republicans I.e. Catholics, could not make any financial decisions that would be to the detriment of NI. Meaning?? Those darn irresponsible Taigs can't be trusted with the money.  Probably as insulting as his line about Muslims but sure he gets away with it.

Rossfan

I see Mr Storey released without any charge.
Seems the remnants of the RUC up to old tricks influencing the Political scene.
They should never have appointed one of them as Chief Constable, should have gone for another English Cop.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Pub Bore on September 10, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Robbo has not resigned he has "stepped aside".  The most interesting line in his statement was the bit about Foster staying on as Finance Minister in order that Nationalists and Republicans I.e. Catholics, could not make any financial decisions that would be to the detriment of NI. Meaning?? Those darn irresponsible Taigs can't be trusted with the money.  Probably as insulting as his line about Muslims but sure he gets away with it.

I thought that line stood out alright, like the children that can't be left in charge