Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 20, 2015, 09:04:33 PM
I bet you McShane in for Bradley to play as third midfielder.
Mickey always has something up his sleeve for Kerry.
Maybe bring back Ricey, Gormley and Paul Donnelly.
I had Gourley in mind earlier lol

Bensars

Quote from: Rois on August 20, 2015, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2015, 04:08:21 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 19, 2015, 03:39:01 PM

If an anti Tyrone QC like Brolly thinks it's ridiculous and doesn't stack up, then I'd be inclined to take his word for it.
You giving Joe a promotion there?  He'll love that. 

Club Tyrone "chat show" tomorrow night at 7pm at Garvaghey for any members on here.
Jarlath Burns just have the gaaboard a mention at our chat show night on at the minute, and said it/we are "tame"!!

It was very enjoyable. Good balanced discussion and very magnanimous of Jarleth at the end.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: sensethetone on August 20, 2015, 09:40:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 20, 2015, 09:04:33 PM
I bet you McShane in for Bradley to play as third midfielder.
Mickey always has something up his sleeve for Kerry.
Maybe bring back Ricey, Gormley and Paul Donnelly.
I had Gourley in mind earlier lol

McShane not on the bench.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Il Bomber Destro

McShane really has dropped off the radar recently, must not be doing it in training. Mickey really seems to rate Conall McCann but I haven't seen it yet with him, he's been one of our first subs in through the league and Championship.

Think Paudie McNulty is going to have a huge say in this match coming off the bench, he is excellent carrying the ball forward and is very hard stopped when he builds up head of steam, his fresh legs can have a big bearing on this game if it's tight or Kerry are chasing in the latter stages.

yellowcard

When you compare the 2 sides Tyrone at a push have probably 4 players who would get into the Kerry team and Kerry have serious firepower on the bench as well. If Harte gets a win with this side then I'll eat my hat and admit that he is a tactical genius.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2015, 11:33:56 PM
When you compare the 2 sides Tyrone at a push have probably 4 players who would get into the Kerry team and Kerry have serious firepower on the bench as well. If Harte gets a win with this side then I'll eat my hat and admit that he is a tactical genius.

Get out of here, I wouldn't have any of Kerry's back 7 in our side.

Fear ón Srath Bán

KERRY (SFC v Tyrone): Brendan Kealy; Paul Murphy, Marc Ó Sé, Shane Enright; Jonathan Lyne, Peter Crowley, Killian Young; Anthony Maher, David Moran; Stephen O'Brien, Johnny Buckley, Donnchadh Walsh; Colm Cooper, Kieran Donaghy (capt), James O'Donoghue.

Subs: Brian Kelly, Aidan O'Mahony, Bryan Sheehan, Paul Geaney, Barry John Keane, Darran O'Sullivan, Fionn Fitzgerald, Paul Galvin, Tommy Walsh, Pa Kilkenny, Alan Fitzgerald.

I'll be surprised if those 15 start.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

You see, this is were people fall into a misconception that because Tyrone play to a "system" that the players aren't particularly good. It takes good players to play a system effectively. But player by player I would argue that Tyrone match up fairly well. I'd take either of Tyrone's goal keepers over Kealy. I'd have McNamee and McCarron at this stage of their careers over any of the 3 Kerry full backs. McNabb v Lyne is 6 of one half a dozen of the other, but I'd have Justy (or Joe) and Petey Harte  all day over Crowley and Young. Midfield is interesting but Matty Donnelly has been one of the stand out players in Ireland this year, so I'd take him over Maher. Moran is superb but Colm does a great job in the "system", but plainly Moran is the better player. I think Kerry's half forward line is very over rated and is much of a muchness with Tyrone's although Conor Meyler and Mark Bradley will prove to be outstanding talents in the future. O'Brien is probably a better footballer than McCann but I haven't seen a lot of him. Granted only Sean Cavanagh would make the full forward line. So in my view, it's fairly lazy to write the Tyrone players off just because they play in a tactical system or maybe you just haven't seen very much of them. On my count I'd have 7 or 8 players with a few others very close.

Edit: Though I must admit, that's a fairly handy looking bench and might just be the winning of the game.
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Morgan, Harte, Cavanagh and Donnelly and that's it. Don't be fooled by the Kerry defence having a lack of big name players. They are all good defenders in their own right. McMahon of a few years ago would have got in as well but that's only on past reputation rather than current form.

Fuzzman

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2015, 11:51:48 PM

You see, this is were people fall into a misconception that because Tyrone play to a "system" that the players aren't particularly good. It takes good players to play a system effectively. But player by player I would argue that Tyrone match up fairly well. I'd take either of Tyrone's goal keepers over Kealy. I'd have McNamee and McCarron at this stage of their careers over any of the 3 Kerry full backs. McNabb v Lyne is 6 of one half a dozen of the other, but I'd have Justy (or Joe) and Petey Harte  all day over Crowley and Young. Midfield is interesting but Matty Donnelly has been one of the stand out players in Ireland this year, so I'd take him over Maher. Moran is superb but Colm does a great job in the "system", but plainly Moran is the better player. I think Kerry's half forward line is very over rated and is much of a muchness with Tyrone's although Conor Meyler and Mark Bradley will prove to be outstanding talents in the future. O'Brien is probably a better footballer than McCann but I haven't seen a lot of him. Granted only Sean Cavanagh would make the full forward line. So in my view, it's fairly lazy to write the Tyrone players off just because they play in a tactical system or maybe you just haven't seen very much of them. On my count I'd have 7 or 8 players with a few others very close.

Edit: Though I must admit, that's a fairly handy looking bench and might just be the winning of the game.

Oh goody, this will get me heated up a bit now at last.

McNamee over Enright or Marc? You're having a laugh! Have you watched Kerry's games so far where Enright has conceeded what, 1 point from play in 4 games..

Crowley is the Allstar centre back in case you missed last year..not 100% fit right now, but again. Jokeshop comment if you really think either McMahon over Crowley..Harte is an attacking half back/half forward (and a good one) so not comparable.

Midfield, you say Matty over Maher..well we'll see after Sunday I guess. Maher only woke up at semi final stage last year in fairness, but is highly effective on his day.  Matty is going well. Probably a natural half forward.

The point you SHOULD have made is that these player ratings or whatever, don't win you games. Tactics, systems teamplay CAN. Tyrone have a very strong teamwork and workrate ethic, a clearly defined and honed system of play (like it or not) and thus will beat many teams with supposedly stronger talent available. Tyrone also have a top notch manager.

Someone suggested the Kerry team named may not start..I assure you it will. Fitzy doesn't do the dummy team thing really. The only time this was NOT the case was the panicky preparation to the Mayo replay last year, when to avoid the media frenzy that would have occured with Marc O'Sé being dropped, he made the change on the day.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2015, 12:14:52 AM
Morgan, Harte, Cavanagh and Donnelly and that's it. Don't be fooled by the Kerry defence having a lack of big name players. They are all good defenders in their own right. McMahon of a few years ago would have got in as well but that's only on past reputation rather than current form.

The reality is a system is only as good as the players that are in it . Tyrone have some fine players . They just don't have enough of them.

Kerry to win despite JOD and a few changes to the announced team . If Kerry manage their free concession count they will win. Tyrone don't score goals . 0-14 will be enough for Kerry