Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Snapchap on August 26, 2015, 09:42:56 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on August 26, 2015, 09:17:29 AM
As for the cretin Hart...

Say what you like about "Hart", but he probably doesn't go online to verbally abuse people from behind a fake name.
Is yours not a fake name?  I'm quite happy to provide mine and stand by what I say.

redhandroar

Quotes from getevennotcross:
"...the sooner ge moves aside and makes way for Canavan the bettee."
"Hart us luving on the backs of othoth which sadly is immoral but a common occurrence now days in society."
"Is yours not a fake name? I'm quite happy to provide mine and stand by what I say."

I'm glad you are willing to stand by what you say – now all we have to do is to try to figure out exactly what that is.

getevennotcross

The inate persecution complex in Tyrone is alive and kicking I see.  Sure its no more than that you deserve. Well, being the mist disliked county in the country brings about such plaudits.  As I said previously, no great love for Brolly or O'Rourke and RTE dont seem to be rushing to gag their footbal pundits.  No smoke without fire! Live with the consequences of your puke negative and cynical handball.  Totally taken the foot out of football.

sensethetone

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 27, 2015, 02:29:39 PM
The inate persecution complex in Tyrone is alive and kicking I see.  Sure its no more than that you deserve. Well, being the mist disliked county in the country brings about such plaudits.  As I said previously, no great love for Brolly or O'Rourke and RTE dont seem to be rushing to gag their footbal pundits.  No smoke without fire! Live with the consequences of your puke negative and cynical handball.  Totally taken the foot out of football.
Really, how did Peter Harte(Hart) take his penalty?

Soup an Samajiz

All this talk of Tyrone destroying the game... the past 10 years have provided the best tactical displays in years as opposed to hail Mary kick and hope.. open your mind and actually see the organisation and intelligence on display rather than hoping to see your favourite player score nice points like a child.. otherwise go play headers and volleys out in the back garden and see how many kick ups ye can do.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 25, 2015, 10:34:49 AM
Think all this talk of Kyle Coney needs knocked on the head to save wasting time - not an option; most definitely not in favour with the management with legitimate reasons and arguably no better than what the county has at its disposal already. Been given more chances than many others and didn't make it. No point tellin lies, personally feel he's a rotten apple, not one id want on my panel judging from reports anyway

Think you're being a bit harsh on Coney, going by that logic you could have possibly wrote off the likes of McNabb, McCrory, McAliskey and a few other before this year. He's had his problems with injuries but finally seems to have overcome those, we now seem to have a defined system and structure in place which I don't really think was the case in previous years. I also think that Coney was used as a target man in the full foward line and I don't think he is suited in there, far too easily bottled up and not the best and clocking a ball and being able to twist and turn in one movement.

I think if he does have a future at county level then it will probably be out the field and most likely in midfield, he's a big guy and a very good fielder and is probably the best long range point take from play in the county. I hope he watched us closely this year and see what this team can do and I hope he now realises the attitude and sacrifices it takes and reward it can bring. Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic here but I believe Coney is too good not become a big asset for this Tyrone side if he knuckles down and gives it his all.

Another player who has been very unlucky this year is Niall McKenna, had stormer in the McKenna Cup final and then rather harshly paid the price for the Monaghan collapse in the league and didn't get much of a look in after and picked up a few injuries. It must be a bit disheartening for him this year to see so little action but hopefully he'll give it another bash and see if he can force his way into the reckoning.

Do we reckon the guys who defected/cut off the squad this year will get another chance? I don't think they're good enough if being honest apart from maybe Lavery or Quinn. Will Mickey give them another chance or have they pissed him off?

Redhand Santa

Bit worrying that the county board haven't been in touch with Harte about next year. I'd be worried that a few high profile people in there might be out to make a point over the media ban situation and the fact he wouldn't listen to them.

To me the most important thing is having the best manager in the county managing the county team and he currently is that by a distance. The team made great progress this year and next year could be even bigger. Harte is already starting to plan for next year and I just hope a bit of sense is shown and this is sorted out very quickly.

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 28, 2015, 11:36:33 AM
Bit worrying that the county board haven't been in touch with Harte about next year. I'd be worried that a few high profile people in there might be out to make a point over the media ban situation and the fact he wouldn't listen to them.

To me the most important thing is having the best manager in the county managing the county team and he currently is that by a distance. The team made great progress this year and next year could be even bigger. Harte is already starting to plan for next year and I just hope a bit of sense is shown and this is sorted out very quickly.
How do you know the county board haven't contacted Harte

superstar_

Word has it Mickey will only get his contract extended if he ends the RTE boycott because sponsors not happy and reportedly McAleer and Rushe will drop the sponsorship if the boycott doesnt end. Personally i think the RTE thing has gone on to long now and overshadowing the progress Tyrone are making.

Redhand Santa

I've always thought the impact on the sponsors is limited enough whether he talks to rte or not. They've been giving Tyrone a hard time from 2003 long before any boycott.  How much power should the sponsor have when it comes to these things? Like if people accepted Harte was the best for the job would they rather someone inferior got it if it kept a sponsor happy? It's a difficult issue and one the chairperson has seemed up for a battle on since taking over.

GlenMan

Quote from: superstar_ on August 28, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
Word has it Mickey will only get his contract extended if he ends the RTE boycott because sponsors not happy and reportedly McAleer and Rushe will drop the sponsorship if the boycott doesnt end. Personally i think the RTE thing has gone on to long now and overshadowing the progress Tyrone are making.

At the start of the year I was in favour of ending the boycott but after RTE's and The Sunday Game's persecution of Tyrone this year I don't think we should talk to them again. The sponsors are getting good coverage on Sky and on RTE. What are they missing out on? - One interview after the game? It's hardly a deal breaker.

And do be fair it's hardly making any difference to McAleer and Rushe. Nobody watching The Sunday Game is going to see McAleer and Rushe in an interview and then suddenly hire them to build a 30 storey building are they?

winghalfun

Who appoints the County manager? Is it the County board or the club delegates

I vaguely remember Mickey's position being ratified for his second term via club delegates of which I was one.

Or is it 'Here's your choice. Take it or tough?"

GlenMan

Quote from: winghalfun on August 28, 2015, 04:45:08 PM
Who appoints the County manager? Is it the County board or the club delegates

I vaguely remember Mickey's position being ratified for his second term via club delegates of which I was one.

Or is it 'Here's your choice. Take it or tough?"

All County Managers have to be ratified by Club's at County Convention. However I think Club's are presented with a shortlist of applicants to choose from.

BennyHarp

Talk of the sponsors playing any part in Mickey's reappointment is nonsense. I'm sure any sponsor will appreciate the exposure of being in the latter stages of the championship more than the odd interview with RTE and it's fairly clear Mickey is building a team to take us back there. Anyway, if the sponsors are having a say in actual football matters then something is seriously wrong though I don't believe they are.
That was never a square ball!!

ose 14

couldnt disagree with your analysis regarding sponsorship not being a major factor bennyharp in the reappointment just like tactical naievety it wont play a role in the reappointment either.