Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: Bo Man on November 11, 2015, 11:19:57 PM
benny is doin some job with the tyrone youth. knockin a few boys into shape and clearing up a lot of crap that is running through those boys heads up there. good man to have about our club.

Do agree. The change from Development Squads to the Academy has been successful in my books. Plenty more lads from across Junior, Intermediate and Senior Clubs all getting chances to develop. They're also engaging with the Clubs more from my view.

I think he's done a pretty good job so far.

rrhf

Club Rossa

Was chatting to Benny this morning and asked him what was in his big notebook.He said it contained the names of all the Omagh dung bags who filled the togs when playing against him.

The Sweeper.com

Benny doing great work up on the Hill and is a very progressive thinker.

Has really improved the structures and has helped ensure we have some excellent coaches developing the Youth of our County.

Its easy for people to ridicule and run people down from the outside.

It be interesting to see what these peoples involvement with the Association is.

In hiding

Gotta love the benny love in. Seen him taking photos at the championship games this year. He's everywhere

WT4E

Do the Omagh boys not like Benny because of the day he scared them all stiff in Pomeroy in 98?

I was there that day - the smell of Omagh filling them was rotten!

:D

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2015, 11:08:27 AM
Do the Omagh boys not like Benny because of the day he scared them all stiff in Pomeroy in 98?

I was there that day - the smell of Omagh filling them was rotten!

:D

what a statement

The Trap

Why do people feel the need to get so personal and negative about great gaels like Benny Hurl and Enda Gormley? I saw Benny on an Irish language programme on BBC2 this week and he spoke in Irish...........I was very impressed with that.

blewuporstuffed

So any news on any new appointments?
Who will take over at Dromore? Errigal?Clonoe? etc
Is Strain staying with Omagh then?
Killyclogher needing  new manager as well?
What about Carrickmore?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

everymanaman

Quote from: skeog on November 12, 2015, 11:54:49 AM
if benny kept a diary it would be a best seller ref told me a story of benny been involved in a little incident which he had missed the player on the receiving end told the ref, ref told him he had the first half to get even next tackle benny was poleaxed walking off at half time benny told the ref he deserved the wee hit on him second half went by without incident thats when men were men and most refs used their common sense
It was the time people used full stops and knew what people were trying to write.

glovesinwet

A question for you Club Rossa. Your lot have been the most successful club at minor level in Tyrone over the past 10 years winning 3 County Championships. How come you haven't produced the goods at senior level, as many of the 2008 squad are now in their mid 20s? Trillick are benefiting from their Minor team which reached a county final a few years ago already?

Club Rossa

We simply haven't been good enough when we've needed to perform in championship football.We never troubled Dromore at all this year and went out very tamely against Carrickmore in last years semi final.Some very talented footballers from the 12 and 13 minor winning teams have been introduced.Though we know more than anyone that youth success guarantees nothing at senior level.Trillicks success this year has been remarkable.Their minors of a couple of years ago have really stepped up to the mark.

Sunny Day

Glen Maghera a prime example of minors transition - Several Ulster Minor Championships but can't make that crucial transition. 

Not sure who wins Armagh Minor Club Championships over the last 10 years, is it always Cross?

You can sure make a correlation between minor and senior but sometimes it can be over stated.  Moortown has done extremely well in the last couple of years at minor level and I'm sure they will also have high hopes in the next 4 years to win a Div 1 Championship title.

the dodger

Quote from: Sunny Day on November 12, 2015, 01:26:07 PM
Glen Maghera a prime example of minors transition - Several Ulster Minor Championships but can't make that crucial transition. 

Not sure who wins Armagh Minor Club Championships over the last 10 years, is it always Cross?

You can sure make a correlation between minor and senior but sometimes it can be over stated.  Moortown has done extremely well in the last couple of years at minor level and I'm sure they will also have high hopes in the next 4 years to win a Div 1 Championship title.

The 1st of that minor winning team won the Ulster 21 championship with ease last year. Seniors 1st year back in senior and finished mid table. Vast majority of top players i.e McFaul, Tallon, Mulholland, Dougan, Carville, Hegarty, O'Hara etc are still U21. Given where seniors are coming from, it won't be an overnight transition.

ose 14

lads calm down. i only asked whats in the notebook and how did he get appointed you know the process. was it given to him did he apply was he interviewed etc etc. whats personal about that. has hes been given a budget for example maybe thats an account he keeps in that wee book. by the way great to see ardboe posters on hear have all got their chips of their shoulder. if you have talented young footballers dont destroy them with the ould ardboe way, bust round you win nothing and protect the ardboe tradition. 21st century is here lads.