Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 08, 2018, 10:51:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
Been missing the usual suspects lately, I suppose they will be about after the City game

We are all looking forward to that one, should be a good laugh

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carmen Stateside

DuffleKing

United have definitely found a bit of a groove in the last few weeks and I think the 2 most significant factors are Jose settling on a centre back pairing and Lukaku getting injured.

There's no perfect centre forward solution but all of the other centre forward solutions give the team more mobility in that area than the Belgian. Lukaku is essntially a traditional number 9 / target man who cannot take heading chances and struggles to hold the ball up - his deficiencies are a major achilles for the team. Smalling and Lindelof are not the perfect answer but they're gelling at least and with a properly dominant partner the Swede might actually continue to progress. Smalling remains a liability.

tiempo

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 09, 2018, 10:06:17 AM

United have definitely found a bit of a groove in the last few weeks and I think the 2 most significant factors are Jose settling on a centre back pairing and Lukaku getting injured.

There's no perfect centre forward solution but all of the other centre forward solutions give the team more mobility in that area than the Belgian. Lukaku is essntially a traditional number 9 / target man who cannot take heading chances and struggles to hold the ball up - his deficiencies are a major achilles for the team. Smalling and Lindelof are not the perfect answer but they're gelling at least and with a properly dominant partner the Swede might actually continue to progress. Smalling remains a liability.

Liked the comment on the previous page, they need to sell Lukaku in January for risk of him getting picked and settling in the team again, the lad is atrocious

Maroon Manc

Replacing Smalling is the first priority, his lack of ability on the ball causes United so many problems. He's incapable of heading the ball to a team mate either, the amount of times he gives the ball away is unforgivable; I think Lindelof gave the ball away once needlessly the other night and that was because Smalling passed him the ball when he shouldn't off.

Lukaku was good last season and there were signs his work rate had improved as the season went on but this year he's been shocking as has his work rate. He looks overweight too, just hope he's not brought back into the starting 11 when fit. Just heard on the radio now he's back in training.

I don't think centre forward is a prority though with Rashford & Sanchez capable of playing up front alone. A centre half and right winger are we're short and we still lack a centre mid who's a superb passer of the ball. Angel Gomes is 18 now although he's still very small, would like to think he'll be in the first team squad next season.

trailer

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 09, 2018, 12:12:53 PM
Replacing Smalling is the first priority, his lack of ability on the ball causes United so many problems. He's incapable of heading the ball to a team mate either, the amount of times he gives the ball away is unforgivable; I think Lindelof gave the ball away once needlessly the other night and that was because Smalling passed him the ball when he shouldn't off.

Lukaku was good last season and there were signs his work rate had improved as the season went on but this year he's been shocking as has his work rate. He looks overweight too, just hope he's not brought back into the starting 11 when fit. Just heard on the radio now he's back in training.

I don't think centre forward is a prority though with Rashford & Sanchez capable of playing up front alone. A centre half and right winger are we're short and we still lack a centre mid who's a superb passer of the ball. Angel Gomes is 18 now although he's still very small, would like to think he'll be in the first team squad next season.

Not a Utd player. Lazy, no game intelligence, no first touch, overweight. The Belgian Cascarino. JM was right when he got rid of him at Chelsea and he should do so again in January.

TabClear

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2018, 12:44:07 PM

Not a Utd player. Lazy, no game intelligence, no first touch, overweight. The Belgian Cascarino. JM was right when he got rid of him at Chelsea and he should do so again in January.

Did Jose have a memory lapse then??

I have a sneaking suspicion Utd might just get something from the game on Sunday. Mourinho loves these backs to the wall games. I dont expect it to be pretty but they are playing much better now (in patches) and will cause city a few problems. Need big games from the defence/Matic though to try to limit City chances and De Gea might need to be in top form.

NAG1

Quote from: TabClear on November 09, 2018, 01:12:40 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion Utd might just get something from the game on Sunday. Mourinho loves these backs to the wall games. I dont expect it to be pretty but they are playing much better now (in patches) and will cause city a few problems. Need big games from the defence/Matic though to try to limit City chances and De Gea might need to be in top form.

Think you are being sore on Lukaku here lads, he is a big centre forward that thrives on the ball being crossed in from either wing. We play with Youngy he never hits it first time and Luke Shaw who invariably plays a one two on the edge of the box.

Dont get me wrong I think his form isnt great but he is suffering because of the way the team plays. The team looked a lot more dangerous playing Alexis upfront which I think was one of his strongest performances thus far. Hopefully Pogba shows up as he was very lucky not to have been hauled off against Juve.

snoopdog

Lukaku has no brain. If you stand in the 1 place long enough the ball will come to you. Yes he got 27 last season. Not sure how but the guy is terrible. One of the worst forwards ive ever seen in a utd shirt.

Boycey

Poor auld Rom is the latest scapegoat. Probably a notch below the elite striker level and in a shocking run of form alright but 176 club and 45 international goals at 25 hardly qualifies him as one of the worst.

trailer

A desperation buy. Utd should cut their losses. A terrible footballer whatever about scapegoats he came from Everton and that was probably his level if not even slightly above it. Similar to Christian Benteke who doesn't get in the Palace team.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2018, 05:48:43 PM

A desperation buy. Utd should cut their losses. A terrible footballer whatever about scapegoats he came from Everton and that was probably his level if not even slightly above it. Similar to Christian Benteke who doesn't get in the Palace team.

It was similar buy to what Jose bought at other clubs. His current form doesn't deserve a starting place but if fit Sunday he will be given a start as he's one of Mourinho favorites along with Matic who is also in poor form.

Cunny Funt

City ahead at half time and good value for it. United have too many slow and static players in their team and the small skillful City players are running rings around them.

Helix

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 11, 2018, 05:21:27 PM
City ahead at half time and good value for it. United have too many slow and static players in their team and the small skillful City players are running rings around them.

Will probably need a set piece to get back into it. I'd imagine Mata or Sanchez will be brought on at some stage. Big 2nd half coming!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Over the Bar

Jose setting the trap for another smash and grab. He'll laugh and poke Pep in the eye at full-time incensing the 40,000 Arab tourists flown in especially by the owners  ;D