Hayfever

Started by joebloggs, June 09, 2008, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on June 10, 2008, 05:09:08 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 10, 2008, 04:26:32 AM
My allergies have been crazy the past 10 years till I dropped the tablets and medicine. I use a neti pot to cleanse my sinisus every day and it has worked wonders.

Another "natural product" is sinus buster      www.sinusbuster.com

No major infections or problems the past 24 months.

Whats a neti pot?

Here is a neti pot in action,this one looks expensive. You can get plastic one like I have, cheaper and won't break.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

I will tell you this does work. I was using Vicks sinus spray every 3-5 hours every day. Quit the spray started this treatment and NO more problems.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

gawa316

Quote from: Square Ball on June 10, 2008, 10:15:27 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on June 10, 2008, 07:38:34 AM
I knew a lad who used to wear a condom over his nose when the pollen count was high.

must be a joke in there somewhere just cant think of it

What do you call a boy with a condom on his nose?

f**k knows (nose)! :D

ildanach

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2008, 10:21:18 AM
Zirtek works for me.

The drug in zirtek is cetirizine. Ask the pharmacist for the generic equivalent. Will save you a couple of €'s every time.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

BennyCake

Anyone got any relief methods other that Clarytin, Periton etc? They work to a certain extent. I heard about some bracelet thing that works. Anyone aware of it?

annapr

Suffer badly from this myself, have it bad now at the moment.
Seems to get worse as I get older.

downtown

Get the injection. I get it every year. It's the only thing that is any use to me. Tried to avoid it this year as they say it is full of steroids and don't like giving it to you every year but suffered badly for few weeks and had to give in!!

oakleaflad

Cetirizine Hydrochloride prescription tablets do the job for me. Look out for tablets that includes that. I tried Claritin and a few others and they were no use at all.

ziggysego

Quote from: ziggysego on June 09, 2008, 11:19:20 PM
My left eye has been buggared since Saturday.

This year it's my right eye since Saturday
Testing Accessibility

mikehunt

Quote from: ziggysego on June 22, 2015, 12:43:03 PM

Does hay fever affect the nether regions. Awful itch this time of year. Could be the incessant sweating too though.

Injection did the trick for me but doc refuses now cos it damages the liver apparently. 

laoislad

Quote from: mikehunt on June 22, 2015, 02:42:58 PM

Does hay fever affect the nether regions. Awful itch this time of year. Could be the incessant sweating too though.

Injection did the trick for me but doc refuses now cos it damages the liver apparently.
Give it a good scrub with a Brillo pad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: mikehunt on June 22, 2015, 02:42:58 PM

Hayfever very annoying but I wouldn't go with injection unless it was a last resort. Heard something about a bracelet but can't get any info. Apparently it works well.

It's been at it's worst lately. Itchy eyes, nose, throat and even my ears and face. Throat has to be the worst though cos you can't feckin' scratch that!

BennyCake

Has anyone tried the Hayfever armband? Seen a couple of people wearing it lately. Apparently it works well.

Anyone tried it?

Hardy

Quote from: BennyCake on June 01, 2018, 04:12:06 PM
Has anyone tried the Hayfever armband? Seen a couple of people wearing it lately. Apparently it works well.

Anyone tried it?

Does it work? Here's a clue:

"Qu-Chi band operates by stimulating an acupressure point near the elbow to help unblock energy pathways to the nose and throat."

I suppose it would work if there were such a thing as "energy pathways" and, if there were, that they went to the nose and throat (from where, I wonder?) and that they could be "unblocked". I wonder what would be "blocking" them.

omaghjoe

Anyone ever tried locally produced honey I heard that may help?
But the isnt hayfever mainly caused grass pollen which bees dont go near... but still any resistance to pollen might help with other pollens

BennyCake

Hardy, yeah sounds weird but some say it works.

Joe, eating local honey regularly does help build up a resistance to hayfever, because honey contains pollen grains. Spoke to one of those immunologists (if that's the name) who confirmed this is the case.

You can also buy pollen in health shops and eat it in porridge, smoothies etc which helps too. But local pollen probably better too.