Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Men against Boys is usually the description pended to any match involving the Laois Senior Football team 😀😀

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 11:19:33 PM
Men against Boys is usually the description pended to any match involving the Laois Senior Football team 😀😀
Not when we are playing Armagh.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ned

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2017, 11:15:51 PM
Quote from: ned on September 12, 2017, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 12, 2017, 11:01:19 PM
But in fairness he's right. You're one if the biggest d**kheads on this Board

I occasionally post on threads about soccer teams and county teams other than the ones I support but I just dont get t**ts like him who feel the need to post inane, uninspired crap like that. It's tedious, boring snd unimaginative.
It was men against bhoys tonight.... ;D
Do you mean jokes like that?!!

Yip, inane, boring, regurigated, uninspired repetition that is rapidly decreasing the enjoyment of these forums.
PSG were light years ahead of us. Their best player tonight, however, was not one of their multi million pound superstars but their 22 year old frenchman in midfield who cost nothing. That gives me hope that Celtic could find similar eventually. KTF.

Dougal Maguire

I occasionally post on threads about soccer teams and county teams other than the ones I support but I just dont get t**ts like him who feel the need to post inane, uninspired crap like that. It's tedious, boring snd unimaginative.
His best contribution wax on Ash Wednesday when he posted that he'd just had a bacon roll. A real rebel.  It's like something a 12 year old would have said.
Careful now

laoislad

I still remember it. Lovely it was.

straightred

Quote from: ned on September 12, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 12, 2017, 10:01:40 PM
As a Celtic fan you always hope and think you can beat any team (well i do) but when the reality kicks in and you get a lesson like that it's hard to take. That PSG team is in the top 5 in the world and have a strike force Celtic could only dream about, we have to be realastic that we won't get any pts from PSG and B Munich and if we were lucky enough to get a draw it would be a mssive bonus. It's Anderlecht we have to target for pts and even that will be tougher than most people think.

We are where we are and finanically we can't compete with English teams in the Championship FFS never mind the richest team in the world, lets move on to the next game and we'll go again...

Well summed up. We didnt play well which was as much down to their class as our poor showing. In reality this is as horrible a group as last years.

Not quite - there's a good chance of finishing 3rd. Have Anderlect next with Dembele and Boyata and they'll have whoever was sent off tonight suspended

They were never going to get anything from tonight. That's the most expensive team ever assembled. They'll disk out loads of hidings this year - at least the 1st of ours is out of the way. 4 points against Anderlect, 3rd place and a run in the Europa and tonight will be forgotten about

ned

Quote from: straightred on September 12, 2017, 11:29:45 PM
Quote from: ned on September 12, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 12, 2017, 10:01:40 PM
As a Celtic fan you always hope and think you can beat any team (well i do) but when the reality kicks in and you get a lesson like that it's hard to take. That PSG team is in the top 5 in the world and have a strike force Celtic could only dream about, we have to be realastic that we won't get any pts from PSG and B Munich and if we were lucky enough to get a draw it would be a mssive bonus. It's Anderlecht we have to target for pts and even that will be tougher than most people think.

We are where we are and finanically we can't compete with English teams in the Championship FFS never mind the richest team in the world, lets move on to the next game and we'll go again...

Well summed up. We didnt play well which was as much down to their class as our poor showing. In reality this is as horrible a group as last years.

Not quite - there's a good chance of finishing 3rd. Have Anderlect next with Dembele and Boyata and they'll have whoever was sent off tonight suspended

They were never going to get anything from tonight. That's the most expensive team ever assembled. They'll disk out loads of hidings this year - at least the 1st of ours is out of the way. 4 points against Anderlect, 3rd place and a run in the Europa and tonight will be forgotten about

The three teams in our group are on a power with last years opponents. We missed a trick last year with a poor performance at home to 'Gladbach. Cant be complacent against Anderlecht.

T Fearon

Am hearing the guy who invaded the pitch was from Portadown? Anyone got a name?

heganboy

Quote from: illdecide on September 12, 2017, 10:12:23 PM
Tony I found a present for you on BBC website...

"When you think of all the success Brendan Rodgers has brought to this club and the great invincible run, he has been in charge of the two worst results in Celtic's history - 7-0 away at Barcelona and 5-0 tonight".

If you believe that defeats by two of the best teams ever assembled since soccer began are the two worst results in club history you are, quite frankly, an arsehole.

There isn't an international side that those two teams would not have demolished. What do you think the result would have been tonight against any other Scottish Club side, or the Scottish national team?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

charlieTully

Quote from: ned on September 12, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

Yip, inane, boring, regurigated, uninspired repetition that is rapidly decreasing the enjoyment of these forums.
PSG were light years ahead of us. Their best player tonight, however, was not one of their multi million pound superstars but their 22 year old frenchman in midfield who cost nothing. That gives me hope that Celtic could find similar eventually. KTF.

The clown supports Liverpool ffs. Coming on slabbering about a team losing when your own team got humiliated in the league at the weekend. Bell end.

laoislad

Quote from: charlieTully on September 13, 2017, 02:02:07 AM
Quote from: ned on September 12, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

The clown supports Liverpool ffs. Coming on slabbering about a team losing when your own team got humiliated in the league at the weekend. Bell end.
YNWA 💪

Hectic

Up there with the knob who invaded the pitch in terms of attention seeking.

laoislad

Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 08:37:26 AM

Up there with the knob who invaded the pitch in terms of attention seeking.
+1

Hectic

Defeat not unexpected last night, manner of it disappointing though.  Like last season in Barcelona we changed our shape and way of playing only to suffer a heavy defeat. 

I get that the defence was down to the bare bones and the manager wanted to protect them as well as maybe seeing a backs to the wall approach best for nicking a point but like Camp Nou the tactics resulted in us taking a hiding and not laying a glove on the opposition. 

In ways it is a taste of our own medicine when the financial advantage is the other way in Scotland but Anderlecht were always going to be the two games that determined our success in the group.  As such and with the value of hindsight we maybe should just go toe to toe with PSG and Bayern as it would mean we play a game we are familiar with and could not do any worse. 

Players also looked scared last night which was disappointing.  Great thing about Celtic Park down the years is that we fear no one but hey on we go, we wanted the glamour but the glamour can be merciless these days.

uimhr ocht

Poor performance and result much like Barca game last year we didn't play like we did against city at home much improvement needed.probably should have signed another defender would have helped.