Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: heganboy on April 06, 2007, 12:35:31 PM
Jesus Christ, 33, of Nazareth, died Friday on Mount Calvary, also known as Golgotha, the place of the skull. Betrayed by the apostle, Judas, Jesus was crucified by the Romans, by order of the Ruler Pontius Pilate.

The causes of death were crucifixion, extreme exhaustion, severe torture and loss of blood.

Jesus Christ, a descendent of Abraham, was a member of the house of David. He was the Son of the late Joseph, a carpenter of Nazareth, and Mary, His devoted Mother. Jesus was born in a stable in the city of Bethlehem, Judea. He is survived by His mother, Mary, His faithful Apostles, numerous disciples and many other followers.

Jesus was self-educated and spent most of his adult life working as a Teacher. Jesus also occasionally worked as a Medical Doctor and it is reported that he healed many patients. Up until the time of His death, Jesus was teaching and sharing the Good News, healing the sick, touching the lonely, feeding the hungry and helping the poor.

Jesus was most noted for telling parables about His Father's Kingdom and performing miracles, such as feeding over 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish, and healing a man who was born blind. On the day before His death, He held a Last Supper celebrating the Passover Feast, at which He foretold His death.

The body was quickly buried in a stone grave, which was donated by Joseph of Arimathea, a loyal friend of the family. By order of Pontius Pilate, a boulder was rolled in front of the tomb. Roman soldiers were put on guard.

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that everyone try to live as Jesus did. Donations may be sent to anyone in need.

I know I am surely going to hell I did laugh a little at that and did feel bad but I could not help laughing. Ah shite I need to go to confession.
ta se mor

leenie

r.i.p.   JACK SUGDEN!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Down Gael

Quote from: maggie on September 13, 2008, 11:49:32 AM
my tyrone car flag

Was it removed outside work in Strabane by any chance  ;)

maggie

no-i went over 30mph and it didnt stand a chance  :'( :'(

downgirl

Yea Maggie that happened to me too, I had the Down car flags on going to Clones and it was lashing and the windscreen was steaming up so opened the window without thinking and I thought after like 5 mins about it and by that stage it was long gone  :-[  didn't even find it on the way home  :-[ and none of the stalls had any Down car flags.  A very depressing day altogether  :-[

maggie

well downgirl-turns out you didnt have much need for it anyways ;D ;D

Down Gael

Quote from: maggie on September 13, 2008, 09:31:28 PM

about as much need as you had for a Tyrone flag after the replay in Newry  :D

Most Tyrone fans wont have a clue what went on in Newry as they think the championship started after they beat Dublin  ;)

leenie

i can remember clearly newry my heart has just about recovered................... and healy park for the westmeath game with cavanagh being strechered off, and colm going of injured too... and i remeber just beating mayo by a point.... and i remember thinking the worst but never giving up hope as for the dublin game yes it was brilliant but it took hardship to get there (i remember)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Fight! Fight! Fight! This could get interesting lads ;)
Testing Accessibility

downgirl

Quote from: Down Gael on September 13, 2008, 09:33:46 PM

Most Tyrone fans wont have a clue what went on in Newry as they think the championship started after they beat Dublin  ;)

Exactly Down Gael!!  :D

maggie

Quote from: Down Gael on September 13, 2008, 09:33:46 PM

No, thats when it got interesting..........

downgirl

After all this chat I'm thinking I won't bother supporting Tyrone

give her dixie

Eamonn Hughes, Dungannon.  R.I.P
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility