Short weekend hotel breaks

Started by flantheman82, September 29, 2009, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

If it's a weekend in Ireland pick the hotel you'd like and phone them to negotiate a deal including dinner.  Hotels are on their knees at the min and you can get super offers if they are not busy. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on February 12, 2011, 08:18:32 PM
If it's a weekend in Ireland pick the hotel you'd like and phone them to negotiate a deal including dinner.  Hotels are on their knees at the min and you can get super offers if they are not busy.
I hear the Killyhevlin is busy at the minute...

winsamsoon

Never mind that shite lad get booked into the letterkenny court for St Paddy's day €110 for two nights. Pints of Heineken and Cheltenham ffs were would you get it lol

Donagh I considered that boating Craic a few year back as a lads tour of the south but wasn't sure if experience was required you have put it right back into my head. Where did u go from? The one I saw you travelled from Fermanagh and down the shannon
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Rois on September 29, 2009, 11:32:26 PM
Spa hotels I've been in recently:
Galgorm - gorgeous
Lough Erne - gorgeous
Lough Eske (euro) - absolutely amazing
Slieve Donard - gorgeous
Ballyliffen Lodge (euro) - gorgeous

Couldn't fault any of them but Lough Eske def stands out and apparently there are a few good deals
Would definitely only go to Lough Eske if there were good deals about, over priced in my opinion

maggie

Galgorm-going there during the week as they have a good mid week offer on during feb. Also have booked the silver tassie hotel and spa letterkenny with the supervalue offer,70 yoyos for one night b and b.

Minder

Quote from: maggie on February 13, 2011, 03:42:36 AM
Galgorm-going there during the week as they have a good mid week offer on during feb. Also have booked the silver tassie hotel and spa letterkenny with the supervalue offer,70 yoyos for one night b and b.

Maggie, they have mid week offers pretty much all during the winter. I would try and get a deal with your dinner included, we didn't and thought the food was pretty pricey and wasn't great for the price of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Boy Wonder

Looking to book a weekend break up north next month, preferably in the Mourne area.
Any advice on a good value Hotel & Spa (maybe 4-star) ?
Burrendale gets good reviews but any other recommendations welcome.

Nanderson

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on August 25, 2019, 06:39:30 PM
Looking to book a weekend break up north next month, preferably in the Mourne area.
Any advice on a good value Hotel & Spa (maybe 4-star) ?
Burrendale gets good reviews but any other recommendations welcome.
Slieve Donard Hotel in Newcastle has a pretty good spa, maybe a bit more expensive than the Burrendale but it would leave yous closer to the town centre and great views of the Mourne Mountains and coast

The Boy Wonder

Slieve Donard would fit the bill perfectly but too pricey  :)
We're hoping to get 2 nights B&B for two plus 1 dinner for €300 - €350.

trailer

This is basically our hobby. Go on about 1 break every month. Always do the 5 star. Not in NI but love Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny. Slieve Donald is good but book the better room. Always book the better rooms in the hotel and ask for the best views. That little bit extra money in a 5 star hotel is worth it. We're heading to Westbury in Dublin at end of Sept. Looking forward to it.

Rois

Not in exactly the same area and a wee bit of a drive to the foot of the Mournes, but Killeavy Castle looks like lovely - anyone tried it?

trailer

Quote from: Rois on August 25, 2019, 10:29:23 PM
Not in exactly the same area and a wee bit of a drive to the foot of the Mournes, but Killeavy Castle looks like lovely - anyone tried it?

Been for food but not stayed. Meal was very good. (Need to book)