Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

ONeill

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2020, 09:58:41 PM
Counties and clubs keep going after the big name
ie players who were great players in their day
Great players don't make great managers
Mickey Harte wasnt a big name player but look what hes done
But i suppose if the regular guy ( like us boys  on here ) don't apply  then what can you do
But if for example bannside and Milltown Row went up against Enda Mcginley and Bran McGuigan, who's going to get it ?

Houl on. Harte was our best player after McGuigan hit the states. Won fcuk all but still.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EOC1923

Some agenda against McGinley already and he hasnt even said he wants the job. With "Lost to a brutal Magherafelt team" the best one amongst the clueless comments.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 12, 2020, 09:31:22 PM
So Antrim are apparently after a guy who has done nothing in his two years as a manager with a promising team. Jesus christ the night. I'd say there are even lads on the board with a better managerial CV than Mcginley. Bizarre. But they can't complain if these are the guys theyre going after. If there was a division 5, antrim would be in it.

How would we be in a metaphorical Div 5, having finished 3rd in Div 4?

EOC1923

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2020, 10:27:36 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 12, 2020, 10:23:05 PM
Some agenda against McGinley already and he hasnt even said he wants the job. With "Lost to a brutal Magherafelt team" the best one amongst the clueless comments.
I don't think it's so much an agenda against him. Surprise that someone with such a slim amount of management experience, let alone success, would be considered. And, if I'm honest, you'd probably be thinking the same if he had no connection to Cargin.
Define success, is it having to have won a senior champ? Not to many contenders within Antrim then. Nothing to do with his club connection.
Surely training methods, tactical awareness, ability to develop any youth we have is the criteria. A lazy analysis of a manager is on Senior Championships won. I rate Madden as a manager yet no senior championships as a manager. I would have no objection to him being Antrim manager.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 12, 2020, 10:51:08 PM
I don't think it's so much an agenda against him. Surprise that someone with such a slim amount of management experience, let alone success, would be considered. And, if I'm honest, you'd probably be thinking the same if he had no connection to Cargin.
Define success, is it having to have won a senior champ? Not to many contenders within Antrim then. Nothing to do with his club connection.
Surely training methods, tactical awareness, ability to develop any youth we have is the criteria. A lazy analysis of a manager is on Senior Championships won. I rate Madden as a manager yet no senior championships as a manager. I would have no objection to him being Antrim manager.

Did Madden win in another county?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Still think it's fairly arrogant of McGinley to possibly be thinking of going for the job and talking about director of football in the new Casement and him with no Derry titles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2020, 10:55:20 PM

Manage a team to a championship in another county? Not that I know of anyway

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 12, 2020, 11:02:24 PM

Coach manage, sure you were saying no difference to managers and coaches when talking about Naomh Gall  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2020, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 12, 2020, 11:02:24 PM

Coach manage, sure you were saying no difference to managers and coaches when talking about Naomh Gall  ;)
Was just highlighting the hypocrisy of some people as regards paying people.

Champion The Wonder Horse

McGinley will go on to have a long and very successful career as a manager, be that with Antrim or whoever.

Calm Down

I see Frank Fitzsimmons is away to manage Leitrim, would he not have been an option for Antrim

JimStynes

Cranfield

What a smashing idea. Bring back fitzy who was there the 3 years before Lenny and also failed to get out of division 4  :-\

Terry hyland is the manager of Leitrim