Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

It must be a personal thing then. I could say that 10 years ago with Tyrone, Arsenal and whoever else it affected me. Whether it was fatherhood, wising up or realising these fcukers are earning millions and don't really give a shit (not Tyrone I think), I'm only annoyed for about 5 minutes before re-focusing on more important things.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on February 17, 2017, 03:57:33 PM
It must be a personal thing then. I could say that 10 years ago with Tyrone, Arsenal and whoever else it affected me. Whether it was fatherhood, wising up or realising these fcukers are earning millions and don't really give a shit (not Tyrone I think), I'm only annoyed for about 5 minutes before re-focusing on more important things.

Yeah, I tell myself to cop on, and I'm grand, but either way, I'd prefer them to win 1-0 rather than play brilliant football and lose 4-3.

Winning 4-3 is ideal :)

ONeill

And I'm contradicting myself by getting annoyed at the current state of affairs.

See. See what The Professor has done to us?

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 17, 2017, 04:02:53 PM

Yeah, I tell myself to cop on, and I'm grand, but either way, I'd prefer them to win 1-0 rather than play brilliant football and lose 4-3.

I'm with you on winning being all that counts when the game is on but like ONeill I (nowadays) shrug off any defeat with ease and 5 minutes later its gone. I sometimes have a read on here and laugh at the annoyance some people carry around for days (weeks, months even for some people)

The Stallion

Amazing how angry people get over what is after all only a game.

As a Liverpool supporter I'd take Arsenal's years of great football with no trophies to show for it over the 2005 Champions League and years of awful football under Rafa, Hodgson, Dalglish, Rodgers and Klopp any day.

Winning trophies is second to quality entertaining football for me. Both together is the ultimate goal of course.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on February 17, 2017, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 17, 2017, 04:02:53 PM

I'm with you on winning being all that counts when the game is on but like ONeill I (nowadays) shrug off any defeat with ease and 5 minutes later its gone. I sometimes have a read on here and laugh at the annoyance some people carry around for days (weeks, months even for some people)

Don't get me wrong, I don't go around cursing at the wife and kids or anything, but I definitely am pissed off more than I should be about a team from a city that I visit once or twice a year :)

AZOffaly

ONeill

J70

Not just you. I'd imagine it happens to most.

I thoroughly enjoy when Liverpool play well and win, and I enjoy reading about it and watching the highlights of the games again while exercising and so on. I get frustrated as f**k watching them when they're shite, but the minute its over, I shrug it off. If Liverpool f**king up is the worst thing to happen to me that week, it'll have been a very good week. Basically, its a hobby to be either savoured or forgotten about, depending on how it goes. Its not real life.

I'd have a similar enough attitude to the Donegal county team as well, although there is obviously more of a personal connection when you come from and, in some cases, know the people involved (or at least their families).

ONeill

Puckoon

Wouldn't mind seeing a Sutton goal here. They were 25-1 after all...

ONeill

Plenty of nice 1-2s but a dearth of technical skill you'd expect from Arsenal players.

ONeill

Was hoping he'd wash her down with a stout.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2017, 09:58:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2017, 09:40:51 PM
The big lad munching the pie has the right idea.

"Banter" staged by the S*n

The Sun is pretty good for soccer coverage in fairness.