Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on May 26, 2017, 09:15:41 PM
How do Arsenal beat Chelsea?
Two ways.

1. By scoring more goals than Chelsea will
2. Hang on for a draw and win the lottery of a penalty of shoot out.

ONeill

Like 2005. Read somewhere this week that Arsenal had no shots on target that day, apart from the penalty shoot-out.

AZOffaly

Syferus

Fùcking the doubters. Wenger is one of the greats.

ONeill

Wasn't Mertesacker class. That's 93, 98, 02, 03, 05, 14, 15, 17 I've seen. Only blot was that bollocks Owen in 2001.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2017, 08:56:55 PM
Wasn't Mertesacker class. That's 93, 98, 02, 03, 05, 14, 15, 17 I've seen. Only blot was that bollocks Owen in 2001.

Since they stole 2005, I think that evens up 2001.

Dinny Breen

Now that's the send off John Terry deserved.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 27, 2017, 10:43:19 PM

That was an embarrassment last week. Probably the cheapest thing i've seen in sport since Eubank/Close.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2017, 10:49:44 PM

That was an embarrassment last week. Probably the cheapest thing i've seen in sport since Eubank/Close.
Big Rogie v Fury?

Avondhu star

Let him choke on his jellied eels. The lads on the Blackstock Rd in Highbury will Rock the Bank of Friendship tonight. Maybe Corbyn will call in and buy a round
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Declan

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed a new two-year contract, extending his 21-year reign at the club.

Wenger and club owner Stan Kroenke met on Monday to determine the Frenchman's future, with the decision relayed to directors at a Tuesday board meeting.

Arsenal are planning to make an official announcement on Wednesday.

The Gunners were fifth in the Premier League this season, the first time they have finished outside the top four since the Frenchman joined in 1996.

They finished 18 points behind champions Chelsea, but beat the Blues to win the FA Cup at Wembley on Saturday.

Wenger's contract was set to finish at the end of the current campaign.

He led the Gunners to three Premier League titles and four FA Cups in his first nine seasons in charge.

In 2003-04, he became the first manager since 1888-89 to lead a team through an entire top-flight season unbeaten.

But after winning the 2005 FA Cup, they had to wait another nine years - or 3,283 days - for their next silverware. It came as they beat Hull City to win the 2014 FA Cup, before winning the trophy again the following year.

Some Gunners fans turned on the 67-year-old Frenchman as a result of their league performances and they lost 10-2 on aggregate to Bayern Munich in the Champions League last 16 in March.

They finished the league season with five successive victories, but it was not enough to carry them above Liverpool to take the fourth and final Champions League spot.

Wenger told BBC's Football Focus on Saturday that the criticism he has faced this season is "a disgrace" he will "never forget".

More to follow.

Syferus

Love that Wenger hit back, quite rightly. Being able to concentrate on the league next season might be a blessing in disguise.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on May 30, 2017, 01:46:53 PM
Love that Wenger hit back, quite rightly. Being able to concentrate on the league next season might be a blessing in disguise.
Thursday night football.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ballinaman on May 30, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 30, 2017, 01:46:53 PM
Thursday night football.

Should send a reserve squad on Thursdays and Bould.