Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2017, 04:41:22 PM
Sorry if this was answered before but is sky 5 available over in England?
Is it not in the GAA's interests to be promoting our game outside of Ireland as well.
A lot of ex pats would gladly pay to watch games live on sky I'd say.
I think that's the main goal with the Sky deal, or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 17, 2017, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2017, 04:41:22 PM
Sorry if this was answered before but is sky 5 available over in England?
Is it not in the GAA's interests to be promoting our game outside of Ireland as well.
A lot of ex pats would gladly pay to watch games live on sky I'd say.
I think that's the main goal with the Sky deal, or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?
A friend of mine mentioned a story about some West Indians who allegedly asked for a Sunday off work so that they could watch the 'Paddy Cricket'. Might be an urban myth but it would be great if it was true. Your previous post was hilarious by the way
Careful now

Fuzzman

Yeah that was my point that it's great as there's such a large Irish population in the UK and in Europe. Presume they can't get sky in the US.

I see Brolly did some ass licking to Gooch yesterday. All best buddy complements and really pretending he was a huge big fan. Then O'Rourke called him out over it.
Gooch still looks like a kid just outta school and that was funny he got lost in his way into Croker as the gates were locked.

RedHand88

Sure he's a big hurling fan now anyway after today. You see his tweet?

Aughafad

Typically lazy journalist from a know-it-all.

"Young David Mulgrew poached two beautiful goals, one off either foot, to give the purists something to savour"

No he fecking didn't, both were scored with his right foot as far as i could see.

Then the cheap personal shots at tiernan mccann.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Aughafad on August 06, 2017, 09:51:45 PM

"Young David Mulgrew poached two beautiful goals, one off either foot, to give the purists something to savour"

No he fecking didn't, both were scored with his right foot as far as i could see.

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 06, 2017, 09:15:23 PM
The Boss wanted this article from today's Indo distributed to all:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-tyrone-wont-have-the-pace-or-the-skill-advantage-in-semifinal-with-dublin-36003714.html

And Clarke didn't slip. He was the victim of a perfectly executed tackle from Tiernan McCann.

The Trap

Tiernan McCann was actually assaulted but not a word about it.......

Dougal Maguire

Why does he feel a need to use such foul language?
Careful now

Applesisapples

Seems to me like a humorous piece not far from the truth.

punt kick

Is this the personal shot.

With the game over so early, the only real excitement came in the second half when Tiernan McCann went down and for a second, the Tyrone crowd worried his hair had been spoiled. A wash and blow dry in Cute Curls in Killyclogher costs nearly £15.

f**k you Tyronies are thin skinned!

Seany

Utter utter crap from Brolly and ORourke there.

StGallsGAA

Pity Brolly didn't take the train home....

dublin7

Quote from: Seany on August 07, 2017, 04:01:08 PM
Utter utter crap from Brolly and ORourke there.

I thought they had a point. How many players refuse to play inter county football because of the time/effort involved with no chance of winning a trophy. They had to change the rules for transfers to US/Australia a few years ago because so many players quit county panels to go abroad after losing in the championship rather than play in the qualifiers.

Also how exactly will the super8s help Wicklow/wexford/leitrim etc. All about money for GAA and screw the little guy

Aughafad

Quote from: punt kick on August 07, 2017, 03:54:59 PM

Is this the personal shot.

With the game over so early, the only real excitement came in the second half when Tiernan McCann went down and for a second, the Tyrone crowd worried his hair had been spoiled. A wash and blow dry in Cute Curls in Killyclogher costs nearly £15.

f**k you Tyronies are thin skinned!

And you are too stupid to get the point!

Journalism is to report on what happened during an event or if it's an opinion peace to give your opinion not miss the ball and play the man.

Brolly is a bit like yourself trying to score points by being the big lad with his personal digs whilst in reality he hasn't the balls or manners to say anything meaningful instead eulogising the masses with some bullshit story he heard in some backwards pub in Donegal