Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 27, 2024, 10:19:49 PMLate goal/winner for Chelsea disallowed. Pochettino thinks the decision was unbelievable but the ref missed a push in the back in the lead up to the goal and for me the correct decision in the end.

Is that 'foul' a penalty at the other end?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 28, 2024, 12:04:39 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 27, 2024, 10:19:49 PMLate goal/winner for Chelsea disallowed. Pochettino thinks the decision was unbelievable but the ref missed a push in the back in the lead up to the goal and for me the correct decision in the end.

But the ref had a curry in Birmingham recently and had to 'ignore' it due to his affliction to curry's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 28, 2024, 12:04:39 AM

Push a forward out of the way as he's about to shoot or create a chance in area then yes it should be a penalty.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Aston Villa have 4th spot sealed now. Spurs on their holidays.

thewobbler

Quote from: Gael85 on April 28, 2024, 02:39:49 PMAston Villa have 4th spot sealed now. Spurs on their holidays.

Spurs playing much better than Arsenal today.

Arsenal getting every rub of every green in this match.

Captain Obvious

Arsenal making easy work of their so called hardest match on their run-in.  Ange Postecoglou side aren't hard to score against and he shouldn't be in the conversation for any team that has plans to challenge for major honours.

An Watcher

Does anyone else feel the PL has petered out a bit before it's even over? Maybe it's just me and my view of modern football but it's dull

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 28, 2024, 03:00:50 PMArsenal making easy work of their so called hardest match on their run-in.  Ange Postecoglou side aren't hard to score against and he shouldn't be in the conversation for any team that has plans to challenge for major honours.

Arsenals to lose?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Look-Up!

Quote from: An Watcher on April 29, 2024, 07:08:03 AMDoes anyone else feel the PL has petered out a bit before it's even over? Maybe it's just me and my view of modern football but it's dull
I think it has lacked a proper title race last couple of years since Liverpool regressed a little bit, but apart from that it's the same as it every was. Just no one able to keep with City when teams come off the bridle.

Take this year, back in January people were saying mid 80 points would lift the trophy. Now they're saying Liverpool have collapsed even though they're still on course for that target even with a few bad results. City not letting up has skewed things. Under normal years past, they'd still be in the race, but now their fans have lost interest in the season. Hopefully Arsenal don't blink first and City slip up. If they don't, that will be 28 points from 30 in a 10 game run in. That's simply insane.

But if you don't follow one of the traditional big guns, all the other dramas are still there- jockeying for Euro places, relegation battles, trying to break into top 10 etc

lurganblue

Spurs certainly not on the beach yet.  They are well in the battle for 4th. They've games in hand albeit a couple of difficult ones.

If only Villa could hold on to 2 nil leads. I dont understand how anyone thinks Chelsea's 3rd should have stood. Are deliberate shoves in the back and no attempt to play the ball ok now?

Jell 0 Biafra

Nah, Spurs are done.  Their form has collapsed, and they still have to go to Anfield, host a very focused City, and to go to Chelsea too, which is rarely good for them.  Wouldn't be surprised to see United pip them for 5th.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 29, 2024, 12:10:25 PMNah, Spurs are done.  Their form has collapsed, and they still have to go to Anfield, host a very focused City, and to go to Chelsea too, which is rarely good for them.  Wouldn't be surprised to see United pip them for 5th.

Utd couldn't pip a grape!

Shocking that a team needs a 4 goal cushion to be certain of a win ;D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2024, 07:27:14 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 28, 2024, 03:00:50 PMArsenal making easy work of their so called hardest match on their run-in.  Ange Postecoglou side aren't hard to score against and he shouldn't be in the conversation for any team that has plans to challenge for major honours.

Arsenals to lose?

They need Manchester City to slip up in one of their remaining games for that to be the case.

It was Liverpools to lose yet wasted that opportunity by losing to Everton,Crystal Palace and only drawing with West Ham and Manchester United. Two points out of possible very achievable twelve points on offer.

jcpen

This is one of my 3 usernames.