Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADONEY

10 euro admission for a virtual friendly game  in Cremartin, hard to gauge  how good this Tyrone team are , McCurry and McNulty  have to return, big squad will be cut i presume like senior team.

nrico2006

Is the wee fella Bradley from Cappagh not on the squad?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

https://www.facebook.com/tyronegaa/photos/a.130008553745600.34354.118218101591312/590801324332985/?type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Team photo on above link

Ryan Devlin (Stewartstown) & Mark Bradley (Cappagh) don't look to have togged out. James McGahan (Cookstown) missing. Plus as mentioned previously McCurry & McNulty are missing

We've done well in the Cremartin / Shamrock cup this past few years & its been a false dawn so I wouldn't be getting too excited yet. But we have the bones of a decent team there.

God14

Just looking at the odds for the Ulster U21 championship

Tyrone 5/2 Favourites
Cavan 11/4
Donegal 7/2
Armagh 9/2
Monaghan 13/2
Down 9/1
Derry 18/1
Antrim 20/1
Fermanagh 33/1

now I know this event is one you'd normally stay well clear of in the betting front , very unpredictable. But Derry at 18/1 really stand out. I thought they would be favourites with the panel they have? Again they have under achieved at minor but that didn't hold Cavan back in the last few years?

StGallsGAA

Has anyone seen odds for Tyrone minors to win Ulster?

on the sideline

Seen it all now. Was up at Garvaghey earlier.  Mickey has had the two pitches closest to where the seniors train closed for tonight during senior training.  The minors have had to share a pitch with a club team as a result!
Crazy!

TabClear

Quote from: on the sideline on March 11, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
Seen it all now. Was up at Garvaghey earlier.  Mickey has had the two pitches closest to where the seniors train closed for tonight during senior training.  The minors have had to share a pitch with a club team as a result!
Crazy!
That's a joke if that's true. Paparazzi in the hills??

laceer

It's not that wild an idea to want a bit of privacy at training after the performance in the second half on Sunday. I'd say there was a few home truths dished out. Have never heard Harte sounding as annoyed after a defeat.

on the sideline

Oh it's true alright! Tyrone ladies shifted on to another pitch over it too.

I'd see through it if the seniors were using or going to use one of those other 2 pitches for something, but they didn't.

Think it's poor form to be shifting anyone, let alone county teams. 

orangeman

Kerry train behind closed doors almost all of the time now.

Tyrone are entitled to do the same if they so wish. Before Garvaghey, a lot of Tyrone's training sessions were restricted.

on the sideline

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2014, 11:56:43 PM

Tyrone are entitled to do the same if they so wish. Before Garvaghey, a lot of Tyrone's training sessions were restricted.

I'd see through it maybe coming up to a championship game. 

But to do it to 2 other county teams?  Who then had to turn around and share pitches with 2 club teams?! While two pitches sat idle.  To me it's pretty ridiculous.  What harm were two teams who were going to be be training anyway going to do?
Surely that was the point of Garvaghey in the first place.

Carmen Stateside

Surely if he looking somewhere private to train he could have used his home pitch! Not to many will see you up there!
Garvaghy, meh!

orangeman

Quote from: on the sideline on March 12, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2014, 11:56:43 PM

I'd see through it maybe coming up to a championship game. 

But to do it to 2 other county teams?  Who then had to turn around and share pitches with 2 club teams?! While two pitches sat idle.  To me it's pretty ridiculous.  What harm were two teams who were going to be be training anyway going to do?
Surely that was the point of Garvaghey in the first place.

The men's senior team whether we like it or not will always take priority. That's the way it is in most counties and indeed clubs.

CD

I'm delighted to hear this! Frankly, ladies football is an abomination anyway and they should be thankful that they're allowed near Garvaghey for anything other that tay making and sandwich distribution. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the improved catering and toilet cleaning rota at most of our clubs we wouldn't have them about the place. On a less controversial note, i'm glad that there is an air of seriousness and disappointment after last weeks performance. Let's hope there's a backlash tomorrow.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyHarp

Quote from: CD on March 15, 2014, 03:21:14 PM
I'm delighted to hear this! Frankly, ladies football is an abomination anyway and they should be thankful that they're allowed near Garvaghey for anything other that tay making and sandwich distribution. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the improved catering and toilet cleaning rota at most of our clubs we wouldn't have them about the place. On a less controversial note, i'm glad that there is an air of seriousness and disappointment after last weeks performance. Let's hope there's a backlash tomorrow.

The 1970s just called there CD. They are expecting you back soon.
That was never a square ball!!