Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Hopefully the Armagh players don't bring this up during the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

On a lighter note, has anyone heard the new Armagh song?

BrotherMore6592

Releasing a song and they're in an ulster final.

There's levels to this game

Tyrone only release them around the all Ireland semi stage

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 10, 2023, 10:52:51 PM
Well they been seperated a long time, they been in court at the time, not sure why it didn't come up at the time. Derry bollixed no matter what happens.

Exactly and if anybody has serious spiteful motivation to ruin you it would be your ex wife.
Jesus some daft stuff posted on here. Lads gone have a wee think on how likely it is that what she posted was made up?
As a Derry fan, going on Sunday with the kids, Ill be shocked and disgusted if he's on the line.

David McKeown

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 10, 2023, 11:28:18 PM
Back to the football then David, be the best option.

I think that's a matter for each of us individually. People are entitled to discuss things that are in the public domain. We just all need to be weary of what we say around sensitive issues. Even implying things can result in difficulties. The basic test is. Am I saying something that would make others think less of an individual. If so then people need to be aware they could be liable if what they are saying is not true.

So again for a very simplistic example fair to say y has accused x of this.

Not fair to say x did this to y or sure that allegation is true because x has been at it for years.

I'm happy to as best I can answer any legal question on a general level but I'd much prefer to talk about the football.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ONeill

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 11:30:48 PM
On a lighter note, has anyone heard the new Armagh song?

Yiz are deadly annoyin
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

David McKeown

As to the football. I think this is a hard one to predict. Derry to me look about a years experience in Div 1 away from being true challengers. Although do look capable of beating anyone on their day.

Armagh on the other hand I think may be slightly over their peak. They've disappointed me for (well much of my adult life really) most of the season and don't seem to be as dynamic as last year. I still have concerns overs Geezer's ability to make positive changes in games. That said they have shown flashes and may have taken a very different approach to last year where they hit the ground running and tried to play their style of football. This year they seem (I hope) to be trying to peak for May/June and have spent large parts of games working on a style of play they may need in later games.

Derry will rightly start as favourites but I think this one will be close and will come down to how well Grugan plays/ is marshalled. When he plays well Armagh play well. When he's shut down Armagh can struggle and have to Rob Peter to pay Paul to overcome it.

All in all very much looking forward to an Ulster final in Clones.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh Girl

Don't know much about the allegations made here, but worked with a colleague numerous years ago who was battered, bitten and burnt by her husband, some which resulted in hospital attendances which he insisted on going with her (so that she did not disclose the real reason for injuries)  but did not have the courage to leave because of the children, shame and the threats he made.  She hit the drink and  also had breakdown, with the result that he left her and took the children.  She was not well at the time and due to her drinking was not able to fight her case, so it is not a simple as person being great father, or as someone on here said "she nuts" - perhaps the actions of her husband made her the nutter she became.  He also met a new girl which didn't last long after he battered her!  On a side note we were up visiting friends in South Derry a few weeks ago and RG's name came up, and when i saw thread tonight i thought something else had came out about him, that was common knowledge up around there, and is much worse than his disgusting spitting on his hands  :)
Anyway, just hope that this distraction does not take away from the game on Sunday .....that we are all glued to the pitch and not what is happening on the sidelines.......Armagh by 2

Harold Disgracey

Armaghtothebone

We are on a hiding to nothing now.
Win...sure Derry were in turmoil
Loose...couldn't beat a team in turmoil.

highorlow

QuoteReleasing a song and they're in an ulster final.

There's levels to this game

Tyrone only release them around the all Ireland semi stage

That's the condensed season for ya
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

gallsman

Quote from: Antrim on May 11, 2023, 12:55:41 AM
I've been told on very good authority that there will be  a statement tomorrow and Rory Gallagher will step down

Maybe the players can all come out in t shirts and support him a la Liverpool and Suarez, or they could keep him in the squad and get him sponsored, a la the Watty's and McFaul.

tonto1888

I think Derry will win. They look in better form and are playing better. My only hope for Armagh is we have been playing at a higher standard for the last 3 years and that may stand to us

Ghost

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 06:49:42 AM
I've been told on very good authority that there will be  a statement tomorrow and Rory Gallagher will step down

Maybe the players can all come out in t shirts and support him a la Liverpool and Suarez, or they could keep him in the squad and get him sponsored, a la the Watty's and McFaul.

Glen making a symbolic gesture to a squad member who has been a massive part of what they've achieved over the years in both underage and senior hardly that big of a deal. Don't really see the need for cheap shots on it tbh.

nrico2006

Quote from: Ghost on May 11, 2023, 07:54:58 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 06:49:42 AM

Glen making a symbolic gesture to a squad member who has been a massive part of what they've achieved over the years in both underage and senior hardly that big of a deal. Don't really see the need for cheap shots on it tbh.

Ach sure it's OK to permanently change another man's life after attacking him for no reason. He's a good lad.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'