Leinster SFC 2023

Started by thejuice, April 10, 2023, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

50 mins played Dublin 0-9 Kildare 0-11. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Level game 0-11 each. 15 minutes left.

59 mins played Kildare back in front 0-12 to 0-11

Level again with 9 mins left.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Blowitupref

Dublin in front for the first time in the match 0-13 to 0-12  64 mins played.

Into 5 minutes of added time. Still 0-13 to 0-12

Full time Dublin 0-14 Kildare 0-12. Get out of jail card used by the Dubs this evening.

seafoid

A great effort from Kildare. Fair play to them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

A great effort but no cigar.

shantygael

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 30, 2023, 05:54:59 PM
Dublin in front for the first time in the match 0-13 to 0-12  64 mins played.its not monopoly

Into 5 minutes of added time. Still 0-13 to 0-12

Full time Dublin 0-14 Kildare 0-12. Get out of jail card used by the Dubs this evening.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kildare is a force again, despite themselves, and fair dues.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

highorlow

QuoteKildare is a force again, despite themselves, and fair dues.

They lost
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: highorlow on April 30, 2023, 10:41:37 PM
QuoteKildare is a force again, despite themselves, and fair dues.

They lost

Yep, but no longer the gimme that they have been recently!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

I see Glenn Ryan's not happy.  Didn't see the match but does he have grounds for it? What happened?

highorlow

QuoteI see Glenn Ryan's not happy.  Didn't see the match but does he have grounds for it? What happened?

I thought the ref was fine, if anything he gave kildare a non free early in the second half that was a tap over, I didn't think he gave Dublin anything soft. There was one call for a line ball that was 50/50 but the linesman must've got it correct, the SG appear to have been gagged lately on any ref calls. McCaffery double hopped for his point but the ref was playing advantage and had the free been given it was a tap over.

I don't know what his waffle about what was going on along the sideline is about. I was over the far side of the field.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mup

Quote from: An Watcher on April 30, 2023, 10:45:49 PM
I see Glenn Ryan's not happy.  Didn't see the match but does he have grounds for it? What happened?

Apart from the financial doping and playing most of their games in CP? After that I dont know.

From the Bunker

"It's frustrating from the point of view that - I suppose everyone gives out about the Croke Park thing - but you come up here and you don't get a fair crack of the whip," Ryan said.

Ryan consoles Jimmy Hyland after the game
"Well, there's fellas walking up and down one side of the official and nobody can do anything down the other end. Fellas standing in my so-called box and my own officials being told to get out of it and there's somebody from the other side [in it]."

Ryan bemoaned some 50-50 calls that he felt didn't go his team's way late in the game. "There's sideline balls not given, a fella tripped up in front of the goals, wasn't given," Ryan claimed.

"It sounds like sour grapes but I know I'm reflecting the views of most teams around the country that everything is laid out here [for Dublin], number one, from a familiarity perspective, from a games perspective and, you know, everything else seems to go their way as well.

"Sure we'll play anywhere, but you want to play anywhere when it's fair. And there wasn't anything glaring, nothing glaring. There were calls went either way, but when you look at stuff that goes on on the sideline and the dressing-rooms and all that, you know, it's all wrapped up in it."

It's the old adage ....... a home game is a home game is a home game

Gael85

Quote from: mup on April 30, 2023, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on April 30, 2023, 10:45:49 PM

Apart from the financial doping and playing most of their games in CP? After that I dont know.

Welcome back Ewan  Hope all well 😊