Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Tyson

Quote from: leenie on August 28, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Didn't expected the person who was killed off was going to happen.. thought they would have made it to the end ..
I thought it was a great episode

Glad they were killed off!

Cersci is a slippy ****. Couldn't trust her but can't help think she's completely lost jamie now and down the seeds of her own demise.

Syferus

That was a return to form to say the least.

They rescued the Arya-Sansa storyline with that turn, albeit I didn't have faith in the show to be smart enough to actually be leading towards it. And at least it proved Bran wasn't just straight chilling for the whole season and actually did some good.

All the King's Landing stuff was great, characters exchanging knowing looks and every word felt like it had the weight of seven seasons of death and betrayals behind it. I especially enjoyed Theon getting his mojo back. If his uncle is ferrying mercs in Essos he should have a good chance at saving his sister, and it would be a fitting resolution and redemption for his story even if he was to die.

The final scene was great, total destruction and the first time you got the sense that these guys are a real threat to Seven Kingdoms. You do wonder what the fûck the Night King was going to do if Jon hadn't the bright idea to go get a wight and draw the dragons north. He's still a relatively weak villain because unlike everyone else he has little motive or character. And it's tough to see how they'll pull an about face and give him that in the final season, perhaps some Bran-o-vision.

You'd assume an assault on Winterfell will be coming early next season now.

brokencrossbar1

I enjoyed it but have to say I thought it was a bit predictable. It tied up loose ends and the Arya Sansa piece was really well acted but also predictable. Jamie will kill his sister and have an about face. Jon will not marry the Mother of Dragons.

gawa316

So will Theon rescue Yara, kill their uncle take over the fleet with the armies from Essos and sail to the north to help out?

Syferus

Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2017, 06:54:38 PM
So will Theon rescue Yara, kill their uncle take over the fleet with the armies from Essos and sail to the north to help out?

Why would mercs being paid for by Cersei decide to follow Theon?

gawa316

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2017, 07:06:47 PM

Who knows...why would a brother want to buck his sister?? I've no idea but anything goes in this show

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2017, 07:46:55 PM

Who knows...why would a brother want to buck his sister?? I've no idea but anything goes in this show
Or why would anyone want to watch that shite   ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 28, 2017, 08:23:03 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2017, 07:46:55 PM

Or why would anyone want to watch that shite   ;D

Suppose all the shit that goes on in GOT is an everyday occurrence in Laois, so not that interesting to watch ;)

screenexile

You have to wonder about people questioning whether a lad can swim to the top of a frozen lake in heavy clothes yet don't question when a dragon is brought back to life by "the dead"!

Just enjoy the show and try not to think about it so much you'll be all the better for it!

straightred

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 28, 2017, 05:22:26 PM
I enjoyed it but have to say I thought it was a bit predictable. It tied up loose ends and the Arya Sansa piece was really well acted but also predictable. Jamie will kill his sister and have an about face. Jon will not marry the Mother of Dragons.

Enjoyed it tonight but shame that we have to wait to next year for the big finale. Its all coming together. Sansa finally came good - about time she grew a pair !

leenie

What was with tyrions odd look the other two were getting jiggy.

Also if danys got up the duff .. Jon would be his sons cousin  ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on August 28, 2017, 11:15:29 PM
You have to wonder about people questioning whether a lad can swim to the top of a frozen lake in heavy clothes yet don't question when a dragon is brought back to life by "the dead"!

Just enjoy the show and try not to think about it so much you'll be all the better for it!

I'm sorry but that is utter nonsense.

Every show has its own internal logic - this happens to be a world where dragons, undead and magic actually exist. I don't remember getting the memo about fúcking gravity working differently for main characters..

screenexile

A Priestess brought him back from the dead and you struggle with the fact that he was able to swim to surface in heavy clothes?!!

Seriously you need to lighten up!

RealSpiritof98

Really enjoyed the season and finale. Really hated little finger and was delighted at his demise. I like to be entertained and the show does that for me, but of the musings on here (detailed to say the least) really do baffle the mind. Each to their own I suppose.

lurganblue

The smug look on little finger quickly turned. Thought that was a great scene.