NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

That's a disgrace of a red card and 100% should have been overturned. Typical when theres actually an appeal that had merit it failed

tyrone08

Quote from: Estimator on February 02, 2024, 11:14:56 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 02, 2024, 10:38:40 AMI've read this a few times but I'd have thought if this was the case TV cameras would have caught it and it'd have been replayed but I didn't see it?

There was a short replay of the afters before he was given the red, looked like a bit of a schmozzle between Conn and a couple of players, but wasn't really conclusive either. Would've need to see it a few times to make out what actually happened.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categories/sport-tv-player/play/?pid=6345776284112&title=T%C3%ADr%20Eoghain%20v%20Ros%20Com%C3%A1in&series=GAA%20Beo&genre=Sport&pcode=682043

Go to  1:08.30
Handbags. Nothing more, but the linesman is there with a good view as well, have to think whatever he said had an impact on the red card.

What is strange is the first player who jumped in to push conn should have been given a red for becoming the 3 man. At the end there were 3 men pushing conn

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 02, 2024, 11:49:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 02, 2024, 10:38:40 AMI've read this a few times but I'd have thought if this was the case TV cameras would have caught it and it'd have been replayed but I didn't see it?

There was a short replay of the afters before he was given the red, looked like a bit of a schmozzle between Conn and a couple of players, but wasn't really conclusive either. Would've need to see it a few times to make out what actually happened.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categories/sport-tv-player/play/?pid=6345776284112&title=T%C3%ADr%20Eoghain%20v%20Ros%20Com%C3%A1in&series=GAA%20Beo&genre=Sport&pcode=682043

Handbags. Nothing more, but the linesman is there with a good view as well, have to think whatever he said had an impact on the red card.

What is strange is the first player who jumped in to push conn should have been given a red for becoming the 3 man. At the end there were 3 men pushing conn
Ah come on

trailer

This is what Tyrone player got the line for against Armagh. The GAA and referees aren't even trying to hide it anymore. When Dublin and Kerry kicked the shite out of each other last year it was held up as men going toe to toe with no quarter given. But If Tyrone is involved it is disgraceful unsavoury scenes that have no place in our game.

Kilpatrick's red card - An Lár Choiste Cheannais na gComortaisí took Disciplinary Action against Conn Mac Giolla Phádraig, alleging a breach of Riail 7.2 (b), Category III, T.O. 2023, that is to say, "Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent".

Just watch this weekend and let's see how many times players from other counties are sent off for this infraction.

f**king scandalous.

Armagh18

Was the Tyrone players not given reds against us for dangerous neck high moves in the bit of handbags that day? Not that I thought any of them were even close to a red card in fairness to ye.

RoundBall

Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2024, 11:58:28 AM

This is what Tyrone player got the line for against Armagh. The GAA and referees aren't even trying to hide it anymore. When Dublin and Kerry kicked the shite out of each other last year it was held up as men going toe to toe with no quarter given. But If Tyrone is involved it is disgraceful unsavoury scenes that have no place in our game.

Kilpatrick's red card - An Lár Choiste Cheannais na gComortaisí took Disciplinary Action against Conn Mac Giolla Phádraig, alleging a breach of Riail 7.2 (b), Category III, T.O. 2023, that is to say, "Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent".

Just watch this weekend and let's see how many times players from other counties are sent off for this infraction.

f**king scandalous.

Spot on, the usual bullsh*t Tyrone have to contend with, it's far from paranoia and at this stage not even surprising anymore! We may live in hope that Gough doesn't manage to pass this fitness test for he's well past his biannual due date to dish us out another few suspensions...
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Mikhailov

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2024, 10:31:32 AMWasn't that red for hitting someone in the handbags after.
McCormack, our no 7, got a yellow after it too.

McCormack didn't get a yellow. It was Michael McKernan got the yellow.

Him and Kilpatrick must have been hitting each other 🙄

Dabh

f**king scandalous.

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/saturday-gaa-live/10001784-00-0000?epguid=IH10003532-24-0001
Go to 43.24 ( or 16.52 on Game Clock) if you can stomach the RTE player

same type of tackle IMO .. thou tackler had more time to 'line' it up .

Never would consider either a red or even worthy of a yellow on there own

trailer

Quote from: Dabh on February 02, 2024, 12:20:07 PM

f**king scandalous.

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/saturday-gaa-live/10001784-00-0000?epguid=IH10003532-24-0001
Go to 43.24 ( or 16.52 on Game Clock) if you can stomach the RTE player

same type of tackle IMO .. thou tackler had more time to 'line' it up .

Never would consider either a red or even worthy of a yellow on there own

There you go.

What does this even mean? "Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent" Surely every single contact is dangerous to an opponent? Regardless if it is meant. Hitting someone anywhere on their body could endanger them.
I'm expecting an absolute avalanche of red cards this weekend.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 02, 2024, 12:03:54 PMWas the Tyrone players not given reds against us for dangerous neck high moves in the bit of handbags that day? Not that I thought any of them were even close to a red card in fairness to ye.

No at that time the 4 tyrone men where red carded due to contributing to melee I.e 3rd man in.

It is ridiculous however going by that Armagh/tyrone game the Roscommon lad should have gotten a red for 3rd man jn

trailer

Seeing as the Junta who control this board have censored my topic on Tyrone injustices, we are left with no choice but to completely disrupt the flow on this topic by highlighting everything here.

tyrone08

I do laugh when I hear talk about bringing in new rules to "save" gaelic football.

You can't get 2 refs to call a game consistently never mind bringing in more rules.

Focus on getting the refs to apply the rules correctly. This is no cheap shot at refs however everyone can see game in game out the vast differences in application of the current rules

JoG2

Holy fcuk, this thread is brilliant atm. It's like a wranglers / tucked in lumberjack shirt wearing support group. Keep her going

Milltown Row2

In real time it looks like a red, in slow mo it looks like a harsh red or a lucky yellow. The reality is he shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make, completely reckless with absolutely no intention to play the ball, high tackle also. And in their defence, not when they were making a break or counter...

Should be a red just for being stupid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2024, 02:32:24 PMIn real time it looks like a red, in slow mo it looks like a harsh red or a lucky yellow. The reality is he shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make, completely reckless with absolutely no intention to play the ball, high tackle also. And in their defence, not when they were making a break or counter...

Should be a red just for being stupid

Well if you say so. Lets just see how many reds are handed out over the weekend for similar tackle.

As for your line about giving the ref a decision to make... that is literally the f**king job of the referee. In your world nobody on the field should ever make a challenge or have a shot on goal. f**k sake.