Mark McHugh Diving

Started by here comes 6, July 23, 2012, 11:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

Jarlath Burns called it and so did Sean Cavanagh.  His Father never commented with embaressment.

Come Martin Your not so mouthy now??

J70

From the replay it looked like coulter gave him a dig in the ribs.

Delete this thread idiot.

borderfox

Coulter hit him in the ribs. A dirty hit if ever I saw one, He was lucky to stay on the field after that. 
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

cadence

here comes 6, please, cop yourself on.

norabeag

As a Down man I find this thread cringeworthy.

wildrover

I think Mark McHugh is very Brian Dooher-esque in his style. Plays the free role. Bundles of energy. Pops up with big scores and is a good provider of scores too. Tenacious tackler. Finally, depending on which stance you take, he has the same cuteness/cynicism as Dooher did. He fouls systematically high up the pitch and then doesnt allow the quick free. He knows to go down when involved in a tangle (I dont dispute that Coulter very foolishly took it upon himself to have the last say in that episode, but I watched the whole thing develop and the two of them were niggling, twisting, pushing, pulling with each other). Nevertheless, McHugh is starting to put together some big performances in a system that suits his style down to the ground, and this should give Donegal fans real optimism. This optimism can only be enhanced by the fact that he is so young and that he looks like he will love the wide open spaces of Croke Park...

orangeman

RTE radio pundits in the programme after the big game yesterday had him and Frank Mc Glynn as all stars in waiting.

He must be doing a lot more than diving.

Seany

A terrible thread for a young lad to read the day after he has just won his 2nd Ulster medal with an excellent performance.  McHugh is definitely not a diver, but he does need to have a lot of cuteness for the role he plays.  This thread should be deleted

cadence

mchugh doesn't run into traffic and get swallowed up anymore. way cuter player now. in fairness to him, his passing options last year weren't as good.

thread still needs deleting.

grounded

First of all he is a brilliant player and played fantastically yesterday but the lad did take a dive to get Coulter sent off. Exactly the same as O sullivan took a dive to get Mc Guigan sent off on saturday.

Its a feature of the modern game aped from soccer which sickens me. Regular occurs even at club football now.

nrico2006

A terrible thread for the young lad?  Delete the thread?  No wonder he rolls about when touched if thats the reaction grown men are having to a wee thread on an internet forum that he will never even see or not be bothered too much about if he does.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Denn Forever

Happens all the time in every team.  Its here to stay I fear.

The worst thing is he went down clutching his face.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Onion Bag

Quote from: hardstation on July 23, 2012, 11:23:19 AM
Benny Coulter acted like a complete ballbag in that particular episode.

+1
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

cadence

he got hit snidely by coulter ffs. take a hit like that unawares and of course you're going to go down. to say he took a dive is bullshit and everyone knows, including those who saw it and would rather claim otherwise to put forward the argument that there's too much diving going on, a view that no one contests. but it isn't a dive if you take a sneaky hit to the midriff.

some hardy boys on this board if you're able to take a rap to the gut you're not ready for and still stand. i'd say youse would be well able to take them alright. jokers.

NP 76

I saw the incident un folding from the start and i think Benny was very lucky not to get a red card. He defintely threw a punch into his mid riff . A totally silly thing to do and it could of and probaly should of cost him dearly