The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2024, 06:40:46 PMWho the alleged victims are... mods wouldn't appreciate it being posted.

I think they have instructed lawyers to go through social media and take people to task over putting 'names' out there.

Those WhatsApp messages, those that sourced and forwarded on would need to be careful I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Peer to peer encryption plus the forwarding doesn't say who it's forwarded from so would tend to be alright in WhatsApp but it's definitely something it would be very silly to put near social media if you were that way inclined.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah yes. Got that Whatsapp 😉

Armagh18

Seen the whatsapp there. Someone actually had it on facebook. Obviously like everything that goes around on whatsapp you've to take it with a huge pinch of salt.

What could be done if you were caught sharing it around? 

clarshack

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 07:45:09 PMSeen the whatsapp there. Someone actually had it on facebook. Obviously like everything that goes around on whatsapp you've to take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Think you can be done for contempt of court but how realistic is that if hundreds maybe even thousands of people have shared it?

armaghniac

Quote from: clarshack on April 01, 2024, 08:14:19 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 07:45:09 PMSeen the whatsapp there. Someone actually had it on facebook. Obviously like everything that goes around on whatsapp you've to take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Think you can be done for contempt of court but how realistic is that if hundreds maybe even thousands of people have shared it?

It isn't desirable that thousands of people share it, if they cannot find a jury who has not seen this stuff then he is off Scot free.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2024, 08:17:45 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 01, 2024, 08:14:19 PM

It isn't desirable that thousands of people share it, if they cannot find a jury who has not seen this stuff then he is off Scot free.

Sure he can do the diplock court procedure lol.. I'm sure he was a supporter of it back in the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Inteacht Eile

I wouldn't imagine it carries that much weight.
If it did sure the criminals would just be putting a pile of stuff around about themselves.
You could get bots tweeting it millions of times a minute if you wanted.

David McKeown

Quote from: general_lee on April 01, 2024, 04:13:58 PMI'm no legal expert but surely the fact the Mrs has also been charged with aiding and abetting suggests there's a strong chance of a successful conviction?

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 01, 2024, 01:07:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2024, 12:37:24 PMHe could end up in jail here. I think there is a strong chance he will.

The fact he was  charged suggests to  me that he will. 

Statistically there's more likelihood of you being convicted if you have been reported and prosecution decision issues to go by way of summons albeit the differences aren't startling in the grand scheme of things.  Statistics would show about 81% of charge sheet decisions result in successful prosecutions and about 89% of cases that go by way of summons do.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2024, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2024, 06:40:46 PMWho the alleged victims are... mods wouldn't appreciate it being posted.

I think they have instructed lawyers to go through social media and take people to task over putting 'names' out there.

Those WhatsApp messages, those that sourced and forwarded on would need to be careful I'd imagine

Its a criminal offence to disclose any information that can lead to the identification of a victim of a sexual offence.  Whilst I dont expect PSNI to start seizing phones of people forwarding Whatsapps etc I do know they are pretty stong on investigating anyone who posts names on X or Facebook or the like.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tbrick18

I haven't seen any whatsapps but I have been told who the alleged victims are - I won't repeat though.

Has he been accused of something more than rape?

Will he lose his knighthood? Ultimate fall from grace for someone of his ilk.
If guilty, I really hope full weight of the law comes down hard on him. Particularly given his public standing.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Eire90 on April 01, 2024, 03:18:39 PMThis wont stop the dup from saying they are good chrisitian people

They are full of hypocrites. Whatever you think about the troubles, no side is without blame. I think SF at least recognise that and recognise that there's subjectivity. The DUP didn't/won't concede anything, as if any inequality was either imagined or deserved by CNR. 

The DUP go on about the PIRA and terrorism as if they are principled pacifists, yet will ignore or defend Bloody Sunday, the RUC, UDR, British army etc. established misdeeds, collusion and corruption. They conveniently forget that they were involved with setting up their own paramilitary organisation too and their cosy relationships with other paramilitaries. Likewise they'll bring up Michelle O'Neill's father and ignore ELP's father.

I think, regrettably, the way forward is to agree to disagree, but agree on a peaceful future. I think this is the road SF are going down (mainly as its in their interests and could help smooth the way for a UI).

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 02, 2024, 12:34:47 PMWill he lose his knighthood?

Does it not make him fit in better with the rest of them?

Just another Sir Odious p***k who was honoured for his services to ass-licking the right hole.
i usse an speelchekor

AustinPowers

When did big Jeff  get his knighthood? And what did he  actually get it for?

I mean , he  never won Wimbledon or  an Olympic gold medal like those other  deserving  knighted folk.

Armamike

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 02, 2024, 06:17:22 PMWhen did big Jeff  get his knighthood? And what did he  actually get it for?

I mean , he  never won Wimbledon or  an Olympic gold medal like those other  deserving  knighted folk.

Very good question. 
That's just, like your opinion man.