Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

How do we fix all these problems with teachers then? Just shut the whole thing down and get parents to homeschool the whole thing. I think I'd go into the IT sector, handy number that working from home craic now.

Barnster

We all did homeschooling from March 2020 were teachers couldn't be arsed setting work or engaging with the kids so doubt you would last working from home.

quit yo jibbajabba

Man joins gaa discussion website to slag off teachers.

How f*cking sad are you mate 😂😂😂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 15, 2022, 01:12:05 PM

Joins? he's been on here with a different name for past few years and picks a topic that will get him responses. And we fall for it lol

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Barnster

Man has 3160 posts on said website - how f**king sad are you mate.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Barnster on August 15, 2022, 01:01:40 PM
We all did homeschooling from March 2020 were teachers couldn't be arsed setting work or engaging with the kids so doubt you would last working from home.

Good stuff. I'm sure you kept on doing it then due to the ineptitude of the teachers.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Barnster

So on this accountability for their standard of work, have we concluded that once every 3 years possibly 7 with a bit of notice we are relying on a weeks inspection?  How does it work if they rock up on a training day!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Barnster on August 15, 2022, 01:49:29 PM

Do the average per year. Im not too bad tbh. If you cant do averages ask a teacher.

And if youve been on here before how f*cking sad are you. Again 😂😂😂😂😂

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 15, 2022, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 15, 2022, 01:49:29 PM

Do the average per year. Im not too bad tbh. If you cant do averages ask a teacher.

And if youve been on here before how f*cking sad are you. Again 😂😂😂😂😂

Such a thing to say to him. Useless hoors wouldn't know what an average is. Sure isn't he a homeschool teacher himself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 14, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 13, 2022, 09:59:29 AM
Teachers are inspected every day of the week by parents.

What a stupid comment that is. Do parents then decide the salary increase of the teacher, do parent give the teacher formal coaching conversations or disciplinary if required? Sure school principals cannot even address poor performance levels.

Milltown, you ask for a definition of a poor teacher. It's the same as a poor welder, a poor mechanic etc. Disinterested , no pride in their work, lack of attention to detail, poor communication skills, poor organisational skills. Bottom line = poor results. The difference is the poor welder has repercussions.

Do they though? The poor welder takes up a job welding somewhere else...

I'm not sure what repercussions you are looking? Flogging?  Sack them and then what? Do we have plenty of spare teachers out there?

Yes thats what I said, flog them. What's the point trying to debate with you?

Private sector - coaching conversation, informal warning written warning, termination of contract. During all that period you might also be asked to sign up to a performance improvement plan, clear improvement targets set and monitored.

Teaching = do a shit job, none of above, continue on regardless and pick up whatever pay rise is going. Its a joke. Its also a joke that great teachers get the same pay as crap ones. Totally wrong and de motivating I'd imagine.

Barnster

Little debate out of them just personal insults, no wonder we question them, it's the kids ultimately that suffer, but big pension, early retirement, summer jobs, no accountability what do they care?

trailer

When I look back at some of my old teachers, some were clearly hanging on by a thread with their mental health. I don't think I'd want my children to become teachers. There is something going on in the inside that we don't see from the outside.

delgany

Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2022, 04:53:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 14, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 13, 2022, 09:59:29 AM
Teachers are inspected every day of the week by parents.

What a stupid comment that is. Do parents then decide the salary increase of the teacher, do parent give the teacher formal coaching conversations or disciplinary if required? Sure school principals cannot even address poor performance levels.

Milltown, you ask for a definition of a poor teacher. It's the same as a poor welder, a poor mechanic etc. Disinterested , no pride in their work, lack of attention to detail, poor communication skills, poor organisational skills. Bottom line = poor results. The difference is the poor welder has repercussions.

Do they though? The poor welder takes up a job welding somewhere else...

I'm not sure what repercussions you are looking? Flogging?  Sack them and then what? Do we have plenty of spare teachers out there?

Yes thats what I said, flog them. What's the point trying to debate with you?

Private sector - coaching conversation, informal warning written warning, termination of contract. During all that period you might also be asked to sign up to a performance improvement plan, clear improvement targets set and monitored.

Teaching = do a shit job, none of above, continue on regardless and pick up whatever pay rise is going. Its a joke. Its also a joke that great teachers get the same pay as crap ones. Totally wrong and de motivating I'd imagine.

Your talking out of your ear now!
Coaching and mentoring  takes place.
Performance review in place.
Improvement targets process in place.
These all filter into the school's development plans, which are monitored and reviewed by ETI.( in the North).
All schools are at different stages but the cycle of sch improvement are standardised across all schools.
Much the same as private sector  but teachers dont go around slagging people from the private sector as they dont need to.

armaghniac

Quote from: Barnster on August 15, 2022, 04:58:44 PM
Little debate out of them just personal insults

Is that the students or the teachers?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 05:20:12 PM
When I look back at some of my old teachers, some were clearly hanging on by a thread with their mental health. I don't think I'd want my children to become teachers. There is something going on in the inside that we don't see from the outside.

I agree. In my experience good performance management often works to divert people to other careers that might be more suitable but in schools it's non existent.

There's a teacher in my daughters school, 55-60 years old I'm guessing. Shes a history teacher. Friday - gets all her classes to do word search puzzles, Thursday watch a movie loosely based on history. Complaints have been made yet nothing can be done. She clearly doesnt give 2 shits about her pupils. During covid didn't do one tap, not an online course or an email. That's an example, one of many I've seen in recent times. Union rules as far as I can tell mean she can't even be given an informal warning.