The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Davis is such an annoying tit, watch out for when he watches some minnow like Leitrim and starts pretending to know something about their best player, talking about some score or anther in his patronising annoying voice. Sunday game tried to freshen itself up before by changing music, its the "experts" they need to freshen up not the bloody music.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 23, 2012, 07:15:31 PM
Davis is such an annoying tit, watch out for when he watches some minnow like Leitrim and starts pretending to know something about their best player, talking about some score or anther in his patronising annoying voice. Sunday game tried to freshen itself up before by changing music, its the "experts" they need to freshen up not the bloody music.

Spot on. Calling players by their first names is one of his favourite tricks..as if he knows them well. Ask anyone from Cork about the year he was put in charge of the Cork U-21s...to say "clueless" would be an understatement..they were hockeyed by Limerick. He is a total spoofer..the worst on RTE actually, and thats saying something.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Onion Bag

The SG needs a full revamp, totally new panel, even replacing Michael Lyster, it is the same old shite every night only the teams are changing,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

heffo

Existing Football analysts are awful. Every year they bring a fresh face in who proves insightful, fresh and generally excellent and then he's gone never to be seen again.

Tony 'Where did I put my cheat notes' Davis is awful and and McStay is just as bad.

omagh_gael

Who calls the shots for the Sunday game? Is it Ryle Nugent or would there be a specific person who is responsible for GAA output?

Dinny Breen

Paul Byrne is the producer of TSG, he is responsible for all editorial content. He also decides the panel.
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 03:11:56 PM
Paul Byrne is the producer of TSG, he is responsible for all editorial content. He also decides the panel.

Can we get him up in front of an Oireachtas inquiry like some of his bosses in the last few days?

mylestheslasher

Think its a bit better tonight but Davis needs the door.

Minder

How did Colm Parkinson get the ever increasing profile?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2012, 10:39:54 PM

Because he is a muppet, the Joey Barton of the GAA world, the irony of him criticising Seanie Johnson when he left his own club for the dollars in Parnells in Dublin and played with Billy Sheehan, of course no one actually asked Colm about that, now that would have been a lot more interesting.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 27, 2012, 10:46:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2012, 10:39:54 PM

Because he is a muppet, the Joey Barton of the GAA world, the irony of him criticising Seanie Johnson when he left his own club for the dollars in Parnells in Dublin and played with Billy Sheehan, of course no one actually asked Colm about that, now that would have been a lot more interesting.

I wouldn't say Joey Barton, more Robbie Savage.

He'll add to the comedy value. He's bound to make a complete eejit of himself before September.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mylestheslasher

He didn't say anything that Davis or whelan didn't also say. At least he has something to say better than the same old bull from the same old heads.

Ard-Rí

Anyone else see the ad for Marty's  new show during the break?
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

Marty is a weird little freak and I'm sick of looking at him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Louth Exile

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2012, 10:38:41 PM
Think its a bit better tonight but Davis needs the door.

I agree, also thought the layout of the show was a damn sight better, Davis was God awful as usual, that aside I thought Parkinson was a bit of craic.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com