NFL Division Four 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

McConville might be doing a Gary Neville at this rate...

The PRO

We (Laois) are three from three now but honestly were very unimpressive yesterday. I wouldn't suggest lumping on it or anything but I would give Wicklow a decent chance of turning us over next Saturday night in Portlaoise. It's a very flattering league table.

Blowitupref

Surprise win for Wicklow in O'Moore park. Wexford with a comfortable win.

Wicklow 2-12 Laois 2-10
Wexford 2-12 Waterford 1-6
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

harryR

Quote from: The PRO on February 20, 2023, 03:38:49 PM
We (Laois) are three from three now but honestly were very unimpressive yesterday. I wouldn't suggest lumping on it or anything but I would give Wicklow a decent chance of turning us over next Saturday night in Portlaoise. It's a very flattering league table.

Should have lumped it

The PRO

Quote from: harryR on February 25, 2023, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: The PRO on February 20, 2023, 03:38:49 PM

Should have lumped it
I wouldn't back against Laois but I knew it was a decent bet.
Laois had flattered a bit in Carlow and Sligo.

Laois Rising

Luckily Laois are not facing Leitrim this weekend. Playing a poor Waterford team this weekend should give Laois a chance to regroup and hopefully revive their promotion challenge. With Donie Kingston not available, Laois are heavily reliant on Evan O'Carroll and with him being suspended for the Waterford game there was no focal point to our attack.

Blowitupref

One match played tonight.  Laois 2-13 Waterford 1-5
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Owenmoresider

A six point win in Markievicz today that really should have been closer to twenty. One Sligo got on top as the first half wore on it was an impressive display right up to the Wexford sending off with about 15 mins to go, up 1-16 to 1-3 and with a chance to really push on and build up a score difference in case it might be needed, and while McEntee used the opportunity to give lads a run which is fair enough, his switch in the FB line cost us 1-1 within minutes of being made, and the general sloppiness never really went away til the end, another soft goal conceded in injury time and then Wexford hit the post right at the death. Fortunately two other subs Spillane and Walsh made their impact with some fine runs and scores otherwise it could have been a mortifying outcome. A good win to get despite that given how Wexford had done in recent games, but the ending does leave a bad taste. However Leitrim losing today means that promotion is in our hands, win both the remaining games and we're up and even a draw in Carrick will do if they can get the win in Carlow in two weeks.

After a poor start McConville seems to be getting a tune out of Wicklow, two good wins in a row now. But they'll need Leitrim to do them a favour in either of the last two games.

SLIGONIAN

There is a fair old chance in the next round of results ourselves and Laois could be promoted with a game to spare.

If Sligo beat Carlow, Laois beat Leitrim and Wexford beat Wicklow we would both be up with a game to spare.

Obviously it could also go the opposite way too and tighten things up even further.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Laois Rising

Wicklow backed up their impressive victory over Laois with another good victory yesterday. Two very winnable league games left for them as well. They may rue the two farcical goals they conceded to Carlow yet if they miss out on promotion by a point.

I'm expecting Laois v Leitrim will be a close enough game. From a Laois perspective, you would hope that we have the slightly more dangerous scoring threat that will get us over the line.

Unlaoised

It's all up for grabs now if laois loose to leitrim but beat London it still won't be enough if wicklow win their two games .

But sligo v leitrim the last day could make for a twist too .

I think it will be wicklow and 1 other from Sligo laois and leitrim
LAOIS ABÚ

seafoid

Division 4 looks really interesting
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Wicklow finishing strongly but would still expect the two favourites before the league started (Sligo, Laois) to gain promotion.

Blowitupref

Two results from 5pm games

Waterford 2-9 London 2-5
Carlow 0-11 Sligo 2-10

Shamrock Shore

Hello lads

Looking for a bit of land with planning permission.

May need to build for a long term stay!