Donegal vs. Cavan - Ulster SFC 2022 Semi Final, Sunday 8th May

Started by Dreadnought, April 27, 2022, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

so your comparing it to other provinces to make it look better than  what it is  not a very high standard to compare it against

greatpoint

Quote from: full moon on May 08, 2022, 06:48:34 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 08, 2022, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 05, 2022, 10:58:34 PM
Outside of some fairly desperate projecting, you're not missing anything.

The spread looks to be 5 points from what I can see.

6 points in the end and probably should have been more with all the goal chances Donegal had, odds were a bit generous.

Some nasty late and head high challenges from Cavan, they really didn't want to drop down into the Bibi Baskin Cup.

I'm not sure what match you were watching. Donegal had the referee on  side and had handy frees for any contact. Goal chances? They fluked two goals.
Against a Division 4 side it was poor from Donegal. Talk of All Irelands are a bit of a laugh. I doubt there will even be an Ulster going to Donegal.

So now that yiz are done trying to work yourself into fits over innocuous comments it's on to saying the ref was the difference? Laughable.

full moon

Quote from: Eire90 on May 08, 2022, 06:51:08 PM
so your comparing it to other provinces to make it look better than  what it is  not a very high standard to compare it against
Eh? What else can you compare Ulster to only other provinces? You aren't making any sense and didn't answer the question about your province.

full moon

Quote from: greatpoint on May 08, 2022, 06:53:11 PM

6 points in the end and probably should have been more with all the goal chances Donegal had, odds were a bit generous.

Some nasty late and head high challenges from Cavan, they really didn't want to drop down into the Bibi Baskin Cup.

I'm not sure what match you were watching. Donegal had the referee on  side and had handy frees for any contact. Goal chances? They fluked two goals.
Against a Division 4 side it was poor from Donegal. Talk of All Irelands are a bit of a laugh. I doubt there will even be an Ulster going to Donegal.

So now that yiz are done trying to work yourself into fits over innocuous comments it's on to saying the ref was the difference? Laughable.

Very bitter greatpoint. Go on and celebrate, because ye won't be celebrating much more after today. Banty and Rory Gallagher will be licking their lips looking at that.

Eire90

i am from ulster and what has being from anywhere  got to do with do  with it do you think i should automatically worship the ulster championship because im from it.

J70

It's great being from Donegal.

I don't think an Ulster Championship game has gone by during my time here where the referee wasn't biased towards us according to GAA Board membership.

tyrone08

Quote from: J70 on May 08, 2022, 06:40:03 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 08, 2022, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2022, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 08, 2022, 05:31:24 PM
Game fizzled out and went flat the second half. It's ironic that Donegal scored both goals from long hopeful miskicked balls into the square.

Good game though. Cavan were impressive and should do well in the Tailteann Cup. Donegal got a fright in the first half but they are so consistent.

Consistent? It was 2 lucky goals which won it for them. Overall thought Donegal were poor enough.

I presume he is talking about their tenth Ulster Final in 12 years, fourth in last five under Bonner.

5 ulster titles in that 12 year period. 2 ulster titles in 5 years under bonner and no AI semi final since 2015.

Bonner has a OK record but the only consistent I would say is the lack of progression for them outside of ulster

greatpoint

Quote from: full moon on May 08, 2022, 06:56:04 PM

Very bitter greatpoint. Go on and celebrate, because ye won't be celebrating much more after today. Banty and Rory Gallagher will be licking their lips looking at that.

Carlow have been out of the Championship for the last two weeks, nice of Cavan to join us ;D

I couldn't give a shite who won that today, the nonsense from some Cavan supporters made the whole thing worth following.

lenny

Quote from: J70 on May 08, 2022, 06:40:03 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 08, 2022, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2022, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 08, 2022, 05:31:24 PM
Game fizzled out and went flat the second half. It's ironic that Donegal scored both goals from long hopeful miskicked balls into the square.

Good game though. Cavan were impressive and should do well in the Tailteann Cup. Donegal got a fright in the first half but they are so consistent.

Consistent? It was 2 lucky goals which won it for them. Overall thought Donegal were poor enough.

I presume he is talking about their tenth Ulster Final in 12 years, fourth in last five under Bonner.

Correct. They've got a team which, but for a bit of bad luck v tyrone could've been the team to take advantage of Dublins drop in standards last year. They're still consistently in the top 5 or 6 teams in the country.

full moon

Quote from: Eire90 on May 08, 2022, 06:57:01 PM
i am from ulster and what has being from anywhere  got to do with do  with it do you think i should automatically worship the ulster championship because im from it.
What county? Who said you should worship it? You seem to have an agenda against but can't compare it to any other province, why?

befair

Good game, Donegal flattered by the final margin, could have gone either way, both goals a bit fortuitous.
Cavan probably should have had that penalty, but also should have had a red card; I understand it wasn't deliberate, but it was v reckless, and I'm surprised McBrearty was allowed to play on.

Eire90

you seem to have an agenda asking questions of where people are from im not  a gaa diehard that gets emotionally attach to were i am from

full moon

Quote from: greatpoint on May 08, 2022, 07:04:41 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 08, 2022, 06:56:04 PM

Carlow have been out of the Championship for the last two weeks, nice of Cavan to join us ;D

I couldn't give a shite who won that today, the nonsense from some Cavan supporters made the whole thing worth following.

Not sure what you're referring to. Carlow are a junior team,. Not sure you can talk much talking about Bibi Baskin Cup? You won't even win a game in it.

full moon

Quote from: Eire90 on May 08, 2022, 07:13:34 PM
you seem to have an agenda asking questions of where people are from im not  a gaa diehard that gets emotionally attach to were i am from

What county are you from? Why hide it?

Eire90

what has that got to do with anything you seem to be putting people in boxes so i cant have an opinion or be judged if i live within a certain fake boundary lol