Club pitches

Started by Truth hurts, April 26, 2022, 01:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 26, 2022, 02:39:35 PM
One night a week coaching is not enough to improve.

Definitely not they should be all doing a bit at home even if its just kicking against a wall and catching.

We had ones come back this year and i'd say they hadn't seen a ball since last October and they wouldn't even have the basics right. 

trailer

Ok, well I'm glad my kids don't play in your teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on April 26, 2022, 02:42:59 PM

Bollocks not at U11. . . the best way to improve at that age group is having a ball in your hand as much as possible organised training will only improve you so much at that age.

Kids don't really spend the day at the club the way we used to, I'd have spent my Sat and Sunday at the pitch, hurl in hand the whole time over the Spring summer, it went on holidays with me also. They come to the pitch now, get dropped off and picked up at certain time. We made our own way to the pitch and came home when we wanted or when the sun went down.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

Quote from: trailer on April 26, 2022, 02:47:32 PM

Ok you will improve but you need 2 nights training at underage .

clubman21

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 26, 2022, 03:05:27 PM

One night per age group plus a match , these kids are all playing an older age as well as their own.

trailer

Quote from: clubman21 on April 26, 2022, 03:08:58 PM

One night per age group plus a match , these kids are all playing an older age as well as their own.

Not all kids want to be David Clifford and don't really care if they get better or win games. Many just want out of the house and see their friends. It's a hobby. Treating it like a senior team is madness IMO. But each to their own. My lads be out a hurling, football, soccer, swimming. They paly a few different grades u11 & u13. Another night training at u11 even if they had nothing else on just seems like the coach wants more out of the team than the kids do.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on April 26, 2022, 03:23:31 PM
Quote from: clubman21 on April 26, 2022, 03:08:58 PM

Not all kids want to be David Clifford and don't really care if they get better or win games. Many just want out of the house and see their friends. It's a hobby. Treating it like a senior team is madness IMO. But each to their own. My lads be out a hurling, football, soccer, swimming. They paly a few different grades u11 & u13. Another night training at u11 even if they had nothing else on just seems like the coach wants more out of the team than the kids do.
training 2 nights at that age isnt much at all, I'd have trained every night if I could when i was 11. Will definitely not do them any harm at that age!

Farrandeelin

How long are your training sessions?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Truth hurts

marty34

Should yous not be looking at getting another pitch?

Kids could train 4 or 5 nights a week.

They play football, mainly soccer, at breaktime and lunchtime Mon - Friday. In total, that's probably 4 or 5 hours, never mind an hour of running about at PE and if a gaa coach comes into the school.

Good for their social skills also.

I'm all for various sports when kids are young - great for their development.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: marty34 on April 26, 2022, 05:00:40 PM
Should yous not be looking at getting another pitch?

Kids could train 4 or 5 nights a week.

They play football, mainly soccer, at breaktime and lunchtime Mon - Friday. In total, that's probably 4 or 5 hours, never mind an hour of running about at PE and if a gaa coach comes into the school.

Good for their social skills also.

I'm all for various sports when kids are young - great for their development.

I think that's the point though - if kids are into sport, especially football, they'll be playing quite a bit anyway without 3 - 6 compulsory sessions per week.

My lads play hurling and football and they played soccer this season just finished. At the minute they're running most nights but the soccer will be finished up soon enough freeing up a night and Saturday morning but the hurling will replace that. Thats with the gaa ones going 1 match and 1 training session each. Some are pushing 3 times a week in dual clubs. It just leaves no time for anything else. The soccer was 2 nights and a match but there was nothing else going on and they can't play as much during the winter independently so I didn't have a big issue with it at the time.

rosnarun

surely its the type of traing that matters . one skills fitness session is more than enough , but playing games (as opposed  to match) could be done 3 -4 nights a week at that age probably be more beneficial than a serious match at the week end .
hoW Many matches in an u 11 season anyway . Centuries ago when i played u14 was the 1st grade before that it was blitz's and schools games which were 7 a side or so as we were a small school
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere