Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 08, 2022, 12:02:10 PM
I sense plenty of apathy amongst the Mayo support, it will be their smallest support at a championship game in a long time.

Expect Mayo to win, Kildare should cause them plenty of problems but they can't be trusted to perform. Ability wise that looks a very talented Kildare team to an outsider, so far management haven't found a formula to get the best out of them.

Ryan O'Donoghue would be a huge loss, he's Mayo's best forward. Runs all day, is quick & dynamic and generates his own scores but you can trust Mayo to turn up and do what they always do which is something that can't be said of Kildare.

Covid made people realise there are other things to do with the family, than trapse up and down to Dublin.

Cost of living has seen people get more careful with their money.

Last years loss to Tyrone made people realise its not really about the journey...........it's about the result.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 08, 2022, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 08, 2022, 12:02:10 PM
I sense plenty of apathy amongst the Mayo support, it will be their smallest support at a championship game in a long time.

Expect Mayo to win, Kildare should cause them plenty of problems but they can't be trusted to perform. Ability wise that looks a very talented Kildare team to an outsider, so far management haven't found a formula to get the best out of them.

Ryan O'Donoghue would be a huge loss, he's Mayo's best forward. Runs all day, is quick & dynamic and generates his own scores but you can trust Mayo to turn up and do what they always do which is something that can't be said of Kildare.

Covid made people realise there are other things to do with the family, than trapse up and down to Dublin.

Cost of living has seen people get more careful with their money.

Last years loss to Tyrone made people realise its not really about the journey...........it's about the result.

Of course it's all about the bloody result.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Any chance Kildare could bate ye?
They have a few handy forwards.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

iorras

Course they could, both teams well used to Croker Park, you'd imagine Kildare will be bulling from the Dublin defeat so theres every reason they could win.
Kildare are very open down the middle, but not sure if Mayo have the scoring power to take advantage of that currently.
Saying that I thought Mayo were moving very well, especially in the first half the last day, just missing a good run, if they had scored another goal before half time I think they would have run away with it.
But Kildare can absolutley win Saturday.

seafoid

12 teams left.

6 D1 (Minus Tyrone and Monaghan)
5 D2 (Minus 2 in Tailteann -Offaly and Down , plus Meath)
1 D3 (Limerick)

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Limerick now officially D2, Offaly and Down D3

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on June 08, 2022, 02:00:31 PM
Any chance Kildare could bate ye?
They have a few handy forwards.

A few handy defenders are probably more important when you fare up against any top 6 team in Croke Park. I'd say Kildare would have liked this game to be played anywhere but Croke Park. Outside of All-Ireland finals only Dublin have a better record in Croke Park than Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 01, 2022, 02:04:47 AM
I'm hearing through the grapevine that HQ want the quarter-final draw to be the same outline as the semi-final draw, that is, Ulster v Connacht and Leinster v Munster, with winners of one province playing the beaten finalist in the other (same as the minor draw).

Meaning the draw is:

Derry v Roscommon or Clare, unless Monaghan or Tyrone beat Roscommon

Galway v Donegal or Armagh, unless Mayo beat Donegal

Dublin v Limerick or Cork , unless Meath beat Limerick

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo , unless Cork beat Kildare.

What happens if one or more of the "unless" things happens is anyone's guess at this stage - will see how it looks after this weekends games and the draw, I suppose.

Not sure if all that makes sense, but that's what I heard and want to get it out there before any conspiracy theories start.

Edit: I think I have the "unless" parts correct on avoiding repeat fixtures...remember beaten provincial finalist can't meet each other, so Donegal can't meet Roscommon so Donegal v Derry cannot recur, same way Galway and Roscommon cannot recur.  Edit 2: Likewise, Kildare can't meet Limerick.

Or am I getting my explanation all wrong?

Edit 3 to reflect June 4 results: Monaghan and Meath out.
Edit 4: Tyrone out
Edit 5:  Getting clearer now...

Meaning the draw is:

Derry v Roscommon or Clare

Galway v Donegal or Armagh

Dublin v Limerick or Cork

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo

Although latest story is they forgot to put this procedure in the overall plan for 2022, so it's looking like an open draw with no repeat pairings if possible.

Edit 13June before official draw.

giveballaghback

On the matter of vat, all vat must be returned to the revenue commissioner and would not be considered as revenue by any business, those who do finish up in a bad place😳 therefore vat would not be a consideration in the venue for any game.

Armagh18

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 08, 2022, 09:18:59 PM
I'm hearing through the grapevine that HQ want the quarter-final draw to be the same outline as the semi-final draw, that is, Ulster v Connacht and Leinster v Munster, with winners of one province playing the beaten finalist in the other (same as the minor draw).

Meaning the draw is:

What happens if one or more of the "unless" things happens is anyone's guess at this stage - will see how it looks after this weekends games and the draw, I suppose.

Not sure if all that makes sense, but that's what I heard and want to get it out there before any conspiracy theories start.

Edit: I think I have the "unless" parts correct on avoiding repeat fixtures...remember beaten provincial finalist can't meet each other, so Donegal can't meet Roscommon so Donegal v Derry cannot recur, same way Galway and Roscommon cannot recur.  Edit 2: Likewise, Kildare can't meet Limerick.

Meaning the draw is:

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo

Although latest story is they forgot to put this procedure in the overall plan for 2022, so it's looking like an open draw with no repeat pairings if possible.
Kerry, Dublin and Mayo all on one side of the draw? I really fancy our chances of getting to a final if we can get over Donegal.

balladmaker

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 09, 2022, 09:26:09 AM

Meaning the draw is:

Meaning the draw is:

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo

Kerry, Dublin and Mayo all on one side of the draw? I really fancy our chances of getting to a final if we can get over Donegal.

Enough of that talk ... Galway, Derry well capable of taking out anyone on their day as well.  Laser focus on this Sunday and nothing else.

Rossfan

Are we talking hot cylinders and cold cylinders in this pre arranged staged draw?
Do the hot ones play each other or us it hot v cold?

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on June 09, 2022, 09:41:31 AM

Meaning the draw is:

Meaning the draw is:

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo

Enough of that talk ... Galway, Derry well capable of taking out anyone on their day as well.  Laser focus on this Sunday and nothing else.
Lol a man can dream! Sunday is massive

joemamas

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 09, 2022, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 09, 2022, 09:41:31 AM

Meaning the draw is:

Meaning the draw is:

Kerry v Kildare or Mayo

Lol a man can dream! Sunday is massive

Quoting Ciaran whelan on RTE on Mayo "struggling to break down defensive systems they are likely to come up against on that side of the draw."

Is it definitive that Q/final draw is pre ordained, or is that just rumor.
if this is the case, and winners of ;
Mayo V Kildare will play Kerry
Cork V Limerick play Dublin

Why would Mayo or Kildare show up in significant numbers to their game, in the knowledge that the winners of that will play Kerry and will be huge underdogs.
why would Cork v Limerick attract more than 2k, knowing that winners will definitely play Dublin and most likely get clobbered.
Surely the GAA cannot be that stupid.

Farrandeelin

We would struggle with Derry's defence too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.