Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

How are the Sligonians feeling about Sunday? The game against Cavan earlier in the year will give them confidence. They had Cavan on the ropes until we got a lucky goal.

From a Cavan point of view, I'm looking forward to seeing the lads play in Croke Park in summer. We have put 4 good consecutive performances together, which is a level of consistency unseen under Graham. We've been a different animal in Championship though and barring our form falling off a cliff, I think we'll have too much for Sligo.

Milltown Row2

Should be  a 6 point minimum win on paper...

Haven't seen Sligo but Cavan are a summer team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I expect in the Tailteann final that the Armagh fans will cheer for Sligo with a good Armagh man leading them
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2022, 02:00:07 AM
I expect in the Tailteann final that the Armagh fans will cheer for Sligo with a good Armagh man leading them

Are you predicting Sligo will be beating Cavan this weekend so to make that final? Cavan 1/5 with the bookies

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 09:17:29 PM

Are they? Didn't they win Ulster in the winter? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Westside

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2022, 11:07:59 AM

Struggled past London, Sligo, Carlow in the league. Have won 3 games by 9 points this summer so far. The difference between this Cavan side this winter and this summer is night and day.

full moon

Are we expecting around 20k Sunday? Do Croke Park still have the restaurant open and do dinners? Been a while since I've been in. Assume pints are crap and in plastic cup costing 7 quid or some nonsense.

seafoid

Quote from: Westside on June 14, 2022, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2022, 11:07:59 AM

Struggled past London, Sligo, Carlow in the league. Have won 3 games by 9 points this summer so far. The difference between this Cavan side this winter and this summer is night and day.
Fair enough

One of the best things bout the Tailteann Cup is that it gives teams the opportunity to build up some momentum. Cavan will definitely benefit from that later on.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Westside

While it may be speaking too soon ahead of Sunday, I think Cavan are learning to win the games they are expected to win. In the past couple of years we've seen them lose games to Fermanagh, Clare, Wicklow through lack of game management and a bit of complacency. We are now willing to make the game boring when necessary, use the advantage we have in terms of experience and physicality to get results. I hope that continues. If we get past Sligo, there could be a great final as I don't think we are too far ahead of Westmeath or Offaly.

Mano

From a Sligo viewpoint I can only see a comfortable Cavan victory. We have been unable to beat London and Leitrim in normal time on the way to the semi final. A much superior team like Cavan should beat us comfortably. Having said that if Niall Murphy returns it should improve the conversion rate percentage which has been a big issue the last 2 games. However there are too many other issues around the field. The experiment of playing without a recognised midfielder despite having about 7/8 on the panel is baffling. Cavan should dominate in this area. Cavan by 7+

Rossfan

Best of luck to our 3 neighbours on Sunday.
Hard to see anything other than a Cavan win while the other could go either way.
Westmeath might have a greater hunger to win something while some Biffs might think themselves above this competition.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

full moon

Indo stating only 8,000 expected in Croker for semi finals on Sunday. Disappointing if that's the case, maybe Tailteann hasn't caught public support as was stated.

Probably fuel costs and lack of accommodation is big part. Anyone any thoughts? There was at least 5,000 each at Sligo Leitrim and Cavan Fermanagh. 8,000 for a double header would be a very poor turnout again in Croke Park.

Itchy

Quote from: full moon on June 16, 2022, 01:28:55 PM
Indo stating only 8,000 expected in Croker for semi finals on Sunday. Disappointing if that's the case, maybe Tailteann hasn't caught public support as was stated.

Probably fuel costs and lack of accommodation is big part. Anyone any thoughts? There was at least 5,000 each at Sligo Leitrim and Cavan Fermanagh. 8,000 for a double header would be a very poor turnout again in Croke Park.

I cant see that being the case.

full moon

Quote from: Itchy on June 16, 2022, 01:41:05 PM

I'd expect 20k at least

Armagh18

Quote from: full moon on June 16, 2022, 02:54:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 16, 2022, 01:41:05 PM

I'd expect 20k at least
Still poor for Croke park unfortunately won't lend itself to a great atmosphere.

Surely these fuel/accommodation prices have to hit a peak at some point and come back to reasonable levels.